PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder White-Haired Witch - Generic Class

Talya
2014-10-30, 11:07 PM
Okay, this White-Haired Witch archetype is useless as is - it's a melee archetype on a 1/2 BAB, 1d4 hit die character.

Let's say you were using a form of generic classes. Let's say your character instead was 3/4 BAB and 1d8 hit die and could add other class features as needed... what neat things could you do with the White Hair (Su) ability from the white-haired witch?

Raven777
2014-10-30, 11:13 PM
Pssst... Pathfinder... she's got a 1d6 hit dice...

To answer from the top of my head... TWFing firearms and recharging them with my awesome 'stache comes to mind...

grarrrg
2014-10-30, 11:40 PM
Okay, this White-Haired Witch archetype is useless as is

But it's a fun way to add a Beard Natural attack to any beatstick character!

To answer from the top of my head... TWFing firearms and recharging them with my awesome 'stache comes to mind...

This does not actually work.
The Prehensile Hair hex can "manipulate objects (but not weapons) as dexterously as a human hand."
But the White-Haired does NOT have any "hold/manipulate" text.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-10-31, 04:39 AM
I understand there's a pretty hilarious Hexcrafter build that uses a White-Haired Witch dip to add Intelligence to damage and grapple mods, and gains Constrict after 2 levels.

It does seem that taking the Prehensile Hair hex on top of the White-Haired Witch ability would be ideal, for Intelligence to your attack rolls, additional reach, and the ability to finely manipulate objects. Of course the White Haired Witch doesn't get Hex, hence using Hexcrafter Magus to gain hexes in the place of magus arcana.

No idea if this actually interacts, it seems kind of cheesy... the abilities don't explicitly say they don't interact, but of course they wouldn't, as there's almost no way to get them both on the same character without wacky cross-classing like this.

Psyren
2014-10-31, 10:44 AM
All they really need is to treat their CL as their BAB for the purposes of attacks, CMB and CMD with the hair. Buffs like enlarge person, beast shape and false life will do the rest from there.

Talya
2014-10-31, 12:40 PM
If this campaign happens, we're all playing generic monks. I don't mean 3.5 monks (although proficiencies remain the same.) I mean, monastic kung fu fighting wuxia monks. There are no classes, it's generic - we get to buy class abilities, BAB, Skills, hit die size, etc. with a system the DM has created.

I am visually basing this character in my mind on the White-Haired Assassin in Forbidden Kingdom. Additionally, all her specials will key off charisma instead of what they normally would.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-11-01, 11:12 AM
Well, Charisma-based fighter lends itself pretty nicely to various forms of debuffing.

Let's think... were I to make this weird white-haired martial artist based off of a form of Charisma fighting, I would want to throw in Intimidate and as many combat maneuvers as I can manage. If you could possibly manage a Spell-Like or arcane spell somewhere in there, a Rime Frostbite would be very nice to add to the mix.

If not, Disheartening Display (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/disheartening-display-combat) is the closest I can find to non-magical fear stacking. Oogie-boogie hair.

the_archduke
2014-11-01, 03:33 PM
Isn't there a Magus archetype that can take Witch hexes?

Intensified Shocking grasp through the hair?

Psyren
2014-11-01, 04:24 PM
Isn't there a Magus archetype that can take Witch hexes?

Intensified Shocking grasp through the hair?

Yes, and it can take Prehensile Hair and use that to deliver touch attacks, or hold extra items (e.g. rods.)