PDA

View Full Version : The Home of Minds [The Slums]

Saurous
2007-03-20, 07:08 PM
While only given it's name by the locals, it is a well-earned name. The building, a large, run-down, 3-story building in the slums, gives off an odd psionic power. It causes causes headaches and confusion to weaker-minded creatures, and causes uncomfortability in stronger people. The building itself is not quite the sight. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the windows that aren't are blackened and dark.

Inside, it is a bit less underwhelming. The inside is dark, but surprisingly clean and organized. The main room is apparently somewhere between a living room and a kitchen. An illithid is kneeled on the floor near a person's kneeling body. The illithid stands up, bringing a piece of greyish matter up to his mouth. He gulps it down, and then "smiles" wickedly.

Now that that is finished...

The hashness leaves the illithid's (Ctrazt's) face, and a worm-like creature leaps from his neck. Ctrazt looks around the room.

What's going on?

You're sitting in the middle of my home, Illithid.

Ctrazt looks up, and notices a man standing on the staircase. The man is dressed in elegant clothing, completely opposite of the area he is currently living in.

Um...Ulitharid, actually...

I don't really care. What really matters is your purpose here. I'm sure you've become acquainted with the Puppeteer there.

Puppeteer...?

He looks around, and his eyes rest on the creature that just slithered off him.

You! You're the one working with those Barghests!

He raises a hand to fling the creature out the window, but finds that he can't.

'Fraid you won't be doing that. We've managed to suppress you're psionics. You'll be helping us, actually.

You're working for them, too, aren't you?!

Ctrazt pulls out his bladed staff, and swings the staff at the man. It passes through him.

'Fraid you won't be doing that, either.

The man's image disappears, revealing an odd, green, formless creature. An Unbodied.

Now, as I was saying, you will be helping us.

Ctrazt suddenly lifts off the ground, apparently against his will, and floats there for a moment. The Puppeteer craws off the table, and somehow gets onto Ctrazt.

Can you atleast tell me what's going on?

Why, get rid of Illithids, of course.

...okay, you lost me.

Oh, forget it. I'll explain it when the Dolor and Pyn return. Until then, you just take a nap, and let the Puppeteer do everything.

The worm-thing climbs to Ctrazt's neck, and clamps down. Ctrazt calms, and is dropped to the floor. Ctrazt stands, and walks over to a chair. He sits, and closes his eyes. The Unbodied changes back to the human appearance, and heads back up the staircase.

Xaspian
2007-03-21, 07:45 AM
((Poor Crazt... Does anything good ever happen to him?))

Saurous
2007-03-21, 06:38 PM
((Would you believe me if I said yes?))

Ctrazt wakes up. He stands, and walks over to the corpse of the man. He drags it over to a small door, and discards the body into the closet behind the door. He then sits back down, the Puppeteer pulsing slightly.

Saurous
2007-03-25, 02:45 PM
Ctrazt suddenly stands up. He heads for the door, heading out into the slums.

Saurous
2007-04-03, 05:28 PM
A pair of goblins enter the Home, quietly heading to a pair of seats. They sit down, and wait. A hooded form follows closely behind.

After a moment, the Unbodied "walks" down the stairs, glancing at the figures that are now taking up residence in his living room.

What? Did you guys get lost on your way here?

Stow it.

Oooh, did I strike a nerve, Pyn? You two took so long, Uri and Ctrazt went to the guild to find some way to assist in our plans.

The...the Mages Guild?

...yes? Is there a problem?

The first and larger goblin, Pyn, suddenly stands up, letting out a ferocious growl. He shifts suddenly into a full-blown Barghest form.

You IDIOT! How did you think we were stopped from capturing the ulitharid on our first try?! Ctrazt and his damned mage associates stopped us! You probably just condemned Uri!

Nonsense. They couldn't possibly see through Uri's disguise. He's almost undetectable on hosts.

You'd be wrong. It's hard to mimic Ctrazt's personality, and the mages most likely saw right through the guise.

There couldn't b-

The hooded figure stiffens, and begins speaking.

They are correct. I sense that Ctrazt has already been freed from the Puppeteer's control. If that is the truth, then we have a major problem.

The hooded figure pulls off it's hood, revealing an aged illithid. His skin is a slightly reddish color, and it's eyes are pure black.

This must not pass. We must recapture the ulitharid.