PDA

View Full Version : control temperature as domain spell

Raezeman
2014-10-31, 07:59 AM
if searched plenty sourcebooks, so i'm pretty pessimistic about the answer to this question, but:

Is there a cleric domain that has control temperature as one of it's spells?
Or otherwise, is there any viable way to get control temperature on a warmage?

This is for a friendly NPC in a campaign that i'm DMing, so a little finagling with the rules is acceptable.

Cheers!

heavyfuel
2014-10-31, 10:25 AM
I don't think there is a Cleric domain with the spell. However, the Extra Spell feat might work. It doesn't, by RAW, but many people will let you use it to get spells from spell lists other than your own. Getting it from the Sorcerer or Wizard spell list should be fine

RolandDeschain
2014-10-31, 10:55 AM
There's the Divine Magician ACF for clerics that allows you to swap a domain and its granted power for the ability to design your own "domain spell list" from the wizard spell list. It's in Complete Mage, I believe.

However, the spells chosen are supposed to be limited to the schools of abjuration, divination, or necromancy. You could, perhaps, 'fudge' the school restriction.

nedz
2014-10-31, 11:45 AM
It's not in any of the standard domains, but I haven't checked the Faerun ones.

There is a Feat: Customize Domain (DR325 p61) which allows you to change the domain spells of a domain you have, so long as the new spells are appropriate — it is from Dragon though.