PDA

View Full Version : Heal for Sorcerers?

BrokenChord
2014-10-31, 01:48 PM
Aside from the somewhat nebulous part of the Sorcerer description that refers to them learning unusual spells through study or experience, what ways are there to get the spell Heal on the Spells Known list of a Sorcerer you're playing? I'm looking specifically for gaining that spell, despite the existence of more productive alternatives. Is there a way? Perhaps through some prestige class or feat?

Fax Celestis
2014-10-31, 01:50 PM
Domain Access ACF from CCham with the Healing domain should do it.

Dalebert
2014-10-31, 02:14 PM
You won't like this answer but Limited Wish.

BrokenChord
2014-10-31, 02:14 PM
Domain Access ACF from CCham with the Healing domain should do it.

Hm. Little bit nerf-y, but it gets the job done, like I asked for. Thanks.

Twilightwyrm
2014-10-31, 02:26 PM
There are a few additional options:Assuming you can get your Wisdom to 16 or higher, you can get it with the Arcane Disciple feat by taking the Healing Domain. Assuming your DM allows text to trump the table, going into the Rainbow Servant PrC will get you access to ALL cleric spells. There is the Divine Crusader PrC, but the BAB requirement is high, and that doesn't advance Sorcerer casting, so if you could, you'd probably want to just take two levels, then go Mystic Theurge the rest of the way.
While this does not give you consistent access to the spell, taking even one level of Cleric, Cloistered Cleric, or Archivist gives you access to the entire Cleric spell list for the purposes of wands and scrolls. Since Heal has no material requirement, the scrolls shouldn't be that expensive.

nedz
2014-10-31, 04:37 PM
Arcane Disciple can get you Heal 1/day; also, eventually, Mass Heal 1/day also.

It also opens up access to Combat Medic which effectively allows you to cast Heal spontaneously, amongst other stuff.

Pan151
2014-10-31, 06:16 PM
Wyrm Wizard (http://dndtools.eu/classes/wyrm-wizard/) lets you add up to 5 spells from any class in your spell list. Also, do yourself a favor and grab Miracle as well - being able to spontaneously cast more than 80% of all spells in the game (without Wish's XP cost) does wonders for a Sorcerer.

Know(Nothing)
2014-10-31, 06:25 PM
Also the Extra Spell feat from Complete Arcane works too, depending on if your DM limits you to sorc spells or not(I've seen it argued both ways). Being as it isn't a particularly overpowered use of it, I would personally let that fly, especially if there was no cleric in the party.

The Grue
2014-10-31, 06:36 PM
Infernal Healing and Greater Infernal Healing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/infernal-healing) are explicitly Arcane spells.

EDIT: Oh...the Heal spell specifically. My mistake!

Psyren
2014-10-31, 06:41 PM
You won't like this answer but Limited Wish.

You need a divine list that has it as a 5th-level spell for this to work (though there might be one somewhere.)

nedz
2014-10-31, 06:58 PM
You need a divine list that has it as a 5th-level spell for this to work (though there might be one somewhere.)

Adept 5, Runescarred Berserker 5 or Urban Adept 5

ShurikVch
2014-11-01, 05:28 AM
Changeling Recaster may get it at 2nd level

Feat "Divine Sorcery" can give Healing domain for NG Human, Half-Elf, or Half-Orc (Patron Deity: Pelor); Giant, or Half-Giant (Patron Deity: Iallanis)

Belkarseviltwin
2014-11-01, 09:15 AM
Wyrm Wizard (http://dndtools.eu/classes/wyrm-wizard/) lets you add up to 5 spells from any class in your spell list. Also, do yourself a favor and grab Miracle as well - being able to spontaneously cast more than 80% of all spells in the game (without Wish's XP cost) does wonders for a Sorcerer.

Unfortunately Wyrm Wizard is for wizards only, not sorcerers. Its prereq is "ability to prepare and cast 1st-level arcane spells" (my emphasis). Sorcerers don't prepare spells.

Of course, you could get into it with the Arcane Preparation feat from Complete Arcane.

Pan151
2014-11-01, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately Wyrm Wizard is for wizards only, not sorcerers. Its prereq is "ability to prepare and cast 1st-level arcane spells" (my emphasis). Sorcerers don't prepare spells.

Of course, you could get into it with the Arcane Preparation feat from Complete Arcane.

Even without access to Complete Arcane, you could simply take a single level of Wizard and fulfill the requirements. Yes, you would lose a further caster level, but you could still get to 9th level spells, and the PrC is mainly worth it at end levels for Miracle anyways.

ShurikVch
2014-11-01, 10:12 AM
Of course, you could get into it with the Arcane Preparation feat from Complete Arcane.Corrupt Arcana from the Heroes of Horror too

Jeff the Green
2014-11-01, 04:36 PM
Sorcerers absent strictly limited to the Sorcerer/Wiazard spell list like Wizards. Heal might be one of the "new and unusual" spells available with permission.

Rainbow Servant is also an option.

Edit: actually, if you can't get it through the "new and unusual" clause, my preferred solution would be to take a level of Divine Oracle and UMD a wand of substitute domain.

Psyren
2014-11-01, 06:05 PM
Adept 5, Runescarred Berserker 5 or Urban Adept 5

Ahh, forgot Adept. Carry on.

BrokenChord
2014-11-01, 06:18 PM
Sorcerers absent strictly limited to the Sorcerer/Wiazard spell list like Wizards. Heal might be one of the "new and unusual" spells available with permission.

Rainbow Servant is also an option.

Edit: actually, if you can't get it through the "new and unusual" clause, my preferred solution would be to take a level of Divine Oracle and UMD a wand of substitute domain.

As I already outlined in the OP, I'm explicitly avoiding the unusual spells clause.

Your two listed solutions are pretty swell, though, so thank you.