PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of a 1 level dip in Erudite? +Ramifications

Solace of Tides
2014-10-31, 02:51 PM
Hello,

I am curious as to the reasons one may dip one level into Erudite, but more specifically why a Psionic Artificer would consider dipping into this as well. I have heard mixed reviews on the effectiveness of spell to power and the magic mantle, so if there are any other reasons one might multi-class I would like to know them.

Also, with multi-classing the Psionic Artificer, your effective 'caster level' would be diminished right? I want to say just like regular Artificers its your Art lvl +2, so if you level up more than 2 times in anything other than artificer you wont be able to make level 20 items? If someone could clarify this as well I would be very grateful.

Psyren
2014-10-31, 03:20 PM
Well, you get two bonus feats out of it (Psicrystal Affinity + another psionic, metapsionic or item creation feat of your choice) so that is a good reason. You also get two free 1st-level powers known, all knowledge skills as class skills, decipher script and gather information.

Personally if I were going Psionic Artificer I would not want to delay any of those class features or weaken the crafting pool by dipping, but it is a way to pick up a free psicrystal if you're light on feats.