PDA

View Full Version : Feats for shapeshifting druids?

Albions_Angel
2014-11-01, 05:37 AM
Hi all. Running a shapeshifting variant (and the other PHBII variant) druid, level 2 and I need some feat progression. At level 6 I can grab the reserve feat stormbolt the but I have no level 1 feat or level 3 feat. Limited to core, complete and races. Any help?

Darrin
2014-11-01, 10:15 AM
There's still two areas of Druidzilla Curbstomping you can focus on:

1) Spell Focus: Conjuration + Augment Summoning. Cloudy Conjuration or Imbued Summoning might be nice as well. I tend to stay away from Greenbound Summoning/Rashemi Summoning (too much cheese), but that should tide you over until you can grab a decent reserve feat like Minor Shapeshift.

2) Extend Spell (or Sudden Extend) + Sculpt Spell. You don't have immediate access to a lot of the metamagic reducers, but there are a lot of druid spells that really kick up nicely with an Extend or Sculpt.

Albions_Angel
2014-11-01, 04:17 PM
Hmmm, you see the thing is, as a shapeshifter (no animal companion) with rejuvenation (no spontaneous summoning) there isnt really much point to summoning feats.

Extend is interesting. I plan to use a lot of area control (yay for entangle). Anything else?

Darrin
2014-11-01, 07:49 PM
Hmmm, you see the thing is, as a shapeshifter (no animal companion) with rejuvenation (no spontaneous summoning) there isnt really much point to summoning feats.

Whoops. Sorry, I completely missed that you'd traded away spontaneous summoning.

Well then, I'd look at Extend or Sudden Extend (I actually prefer the Sudden version, even though it's very sub-optimal) followed by Sculpt Spell. If you don't want to deal with metamagic at all, take Sudden Extend and then Energy Substitution (druids tend to be a little heavy on the [fire] descriptor). Hmm... actually, if you're headed for Stormbolt, Born of Three Thunders might be worth a look, although it sounds like you don't have access to Quick Recovery (Lords of Madness).

It's possible to build toward DMM through Contemplative 1/Sacred Exorcist 1, but you'd need Education, Knowledge Devotion, or Planar Druid substitution levels to get all the skill ranks you'd need. Kinda ruins the druid flavor, though.

Otherwise... Improved Initiative is a decent pick when you can't find anything else. Animal Devotion (Complete Champion) has a decent grab-bag of useful druidish-flavored options.