PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The First Sevens

Soliloquy
2014-11-01, 08:09 AM
“This one. We can use her.” “Are you sure? We don't have that much on her.” “She's fine. Look at what she's done.” “This thing says she's seventeen!” Yeah, maybe, but what does that really mean for one of them?” “I dunno man, just because she can withstand a tank shell-” “It's too late for you to grow a conscious now. Your cells will reject it.” “Yeah. I suppose you're right. What are we going to do about this one?” The man tapped one of the other files pointedly. “We don't want him complaining.” answered the other man. “We'll put him in charge.”

Daniel Baines was eighteen. Too young to be in politics under most circumstances. These were not “most circumstances” however. He was the Seven rights advocate with the most authority in the US. He was also a Seven himself. He had aided in the creation and passing important laws already, although in his mind, they are nowhere near good enough. Oh, and before you asked, no, he hasn't been controlling the minds of the government. A man walked up to him. He had a crew cut, and a black suit. He wore dark glasses and had an ear-piece. “Politics here is slow, isn't it?” Without waiting for an answer, he continued. “Much too slow for you, I would think. Things are going to pick up for you though.” He handed Daniel some files. “This is your team. You might want to read through those files before they get here. It won't be long.”

“What do you mean gone?!”

Cassandra Blackthorn was seventeen. She had already been through more than most humans would go through in their lifetimes. She had already made her decision. She would be going through a lot more than that before she was done. The suits were straight with her. “We'll tell you what we know. Then, assuming you agree with us, we'll give you a ride to where you need to be. What we are offering you Cassandra, is a chance to save more lives, and people to help you do it.”

Apophis was recruited surprisingly easily. Frighteningly easily in fact.

Daniel Corvus was another easy convert, as he fought for the fun of it and the thrill of danger.

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-01, 09:30 AM
That sounds refreshingly straightforward. Cassie says as she smiles at the suits. Which usually means it actually isn't. Don't worry, I'm all ears. she continues with her customary young adult flippancy. One question though... she slightly frowns. Why give me a ride? I can't go supersonic yet but I could manage several hundred miles per hour. Having the newsies see me following an official-looking vehicle on presumably official business would be a public relations boost.

Cassie is very good in manipulation so she often thinks like that. Not nearly as good in stealth though.

Zelphas
2014-11-01, 11:40 AM
Apophis sits comfortably in the back of the car, carefully controlling his anticipation. Here I am, hired to help uphold law and order in this great big country... he thinks, straightening his tie in the rear-view mirror. Well, this should be fun.

"Tell me, gentlemen," Apophis says to the agents within the car, "How is our poor, dear United States Government? The creation of the Sevens caused quite a stir, and the laws pulled into placed seem... rather lacking on dealing with specifics. The Devil's in the details, you know." And before I'm done I'm going to make him dance.

Soliloquy
2014-11-01, 11:42 AM
The suit is slightly taken aback, but recovers quickly. "You can't go super sonic, but planes can. I'm not saying you need a chauffeur, although that could be arranged if you like, just that if you need to go fast, or cross a body of water we will do what we can. It was kind of a metaphor for helping you out at times."

Metahuman1
2014-11-01, 01:56 PM
Daniel raised and eyebrow as the man approached, and accepted the file with his free hand, the other going through a tablet with a number of professional correspondences open on it. Networking and organizing, it was far less glamorous then it sounded.

"Ah. Yes. You'll have to excuse me I seem to have missed the memo you were coming today."

The tiny, not small, tiny, man began looking the papers over in the files.

"But I'll be going over these with a fine toothed come none the less, thank you."

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-01, 09:01 PM
I see. Cassie says to the suit, still smiling. OK, hit me. With the info I mean. Doing so literally would break whatever you hit me with. She idly taps the thick wirelike implement wrapped up at her right hip. This is important though. Would you consent to what you tell me now being verified? This is not a deal-breaker. I'd just like to see how far we're both willing to trust each other - and the government would gain some very useful information too.

Cassie is refering to her Whip of Thorns, which she frequently uses as a weapon in combat. She hasn't openly used its other ability yet; a weapon that can force others to act as she wants would be a red flag. In this case, it could be used to ask the suits to only tell the truth without deception, especially if they willingly agree to it. Of course, it could also force them to do anything else - but they don't have to know that.

As for what the government gains, even as merely a truth test that would be very useful in military intelligence and easier to trust than telepaths - after all, how do you know the telepath is truthfully reporting his findings? Whereas something that (supposedly) only makes people tell the truth wouldn't generate that kind of mistrust.

Epinephrine_Syn
2014-11-02, 03:26 AM
As it turned out, a lot of the convincing was easy for the government, Samantha included. They had to set up a point to meet up, which was something that she was completely fine with, so the Suits could pick her up appropriately. "I would like to know the other data involved with this, such as who else I'm working with, and what you expect of us. There's a lot of moving parts to this, like for example, are we getting our own tower or whatever type of fortress is typically made for super humans in those comics? I don't know how that's supposed to work, but I could easily build one, if we need it."

"Also, this car can support my weight, right? I'm a bit on the heavy, not fat, side. I see you've got a bunch of others in there, gotta have planned for at least some extra load."

Soliloquy
2014-11-03, 08:46 AM
"We're working out the kinks. We have Sevens in advisory positions as well. There shouldn't be a problem."

The file contained information on a number of Sevens (everyone involved. Doesn't always have that much information, just what the government would know.

"What do you mean by 'verified' exactly?" the suit asks, eyeing the whip.

"The car can take it. Don't worry. When you meet with your team, they will tell you about themselves, and you will do the same. It would be illegal for me to give you information they didn't want to give up. If you want somewhere to live, we can provide one.

Metahuman1
2014-11-04, 11:50 AM
Daniel spent the next two hours in the little office space he rented, he could get access to better but he preferred to direct that money toward things that more directly helped his cause as long as he could, pouring over the information the government agent had left with him.

It was certainly and eclectic group, and with the way a lot of there powers seemed laid out it seemed fairly obvious what someone at the government had in mind with this one. They wanted him to endorse a sponsored supers team. That was immediately troubling, to put it mildly, but it was the sort of thing he was willing to swallow for now. Provided they were clear that under no circumstances was he gonna stop pushing for more changes to the laws they'd rushed through with out actually reading in a panic when seven's existence had become public knowledge. And in the mean time, he'd run with it, if only to improve PR positioning and make sure the guy giving the orders was someone who would not willingly fire on unarmed civilians if ordered to do so on the grounds that someone in charge didn't like there political position.

Though he did get a small reprieve form these thoughts when he looked at the file at the bottom of the stack. He was a professional, he would act like it of course. But for a moment, he was an eighteen year old, with interests not so abnormal for an eighteen year old, even if what particularly suited his tastes was generally considered a touch odd.

He let the flush fade form his face, and drew his mind away form happier thoughts, back to business. Besides, she was a bit too young anyway, at least as far as the law was concerned.

Zelphas
2014-11-04, 01:27 PM
"I am very glad to hear it," Apophis replies, smiling with genuine pleasure. Ah, arrogance. These peaceful, orderly countries, they always think that they can hold back chaos. The poor fools.

Apophis settles back in his seat, content to wait and see where they would take him and what he would find once there.

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-04, 08:23 PM
Cassie laughs as the suit seems wary of the whip. It was only natural, given how she'd used it to cleave through walls with a snap and toss around tanks like empty beer bottles. I was never much into comics or fantasy literature as a girl. My... childhood did not allow it. She snorts at the understatement. But since one newsie recently brought it up, I couldn't help but notice similarities between some stories about amazons... and this. she continues, now removing the whip from her hip and holding it up in plain sight.

At least this much they got right; someone tied up in this and told to tell the truth will do so. She nods at the suits. Willingly accepting it, the speaker can't change their mind later. An unwilling target might resist - but people who can do so are rare. And best of all, despite it resembling a whip, this use has nothing to do with torture, drugs, or mind control - you simply find not telling the truth impossible.

Epinephrine_Syn
2014-11-06, 07:31 AM
"Cool. Just checkin, and yeah, a nice place would be pretty good to have. I'll be wanting to make improvements on it, but I imagine a lot of the supers want to do that and you've gotten talk about that kinda thing already. Though… now I'm a bit curious." Samantha stretched her arms over her head and got into the car properly. "What kinda information do you have on them, that they didn't want to give up? You could have just said 'I don't know', that's perfectly fine for an answer. I don't know a lot of things either. Like what kinda food and drink we're gonna be getting with our welcoming party."

Soliloquy
2014-11-07, 08:35 PM
You receive a message. The first of the team has arrived.

They take you to a secure location, and you make a note of it. They lead you into a room. "The rest of the team will be he shortly."

"Can I choose to not answer a question?" He looks her up and down. "Do you share that amazon's weakness as well?"

"We can't share any information with you. Names, abilities, histories... as far as each of you are concerned, these don't exist for each other. If you tell them that you are old money, have the power to fly through space, and are named Violet, and we won't be allowed to contradict you. Although I will tell you, the leader of your team has seen your files. If you want refreshments, you have only to ask."

Rhyvurg
2014-11-08, 01:49 AM
When Apophis arrives, there's a young man in the room already, standing against the wall in the far corner. His hands are in his pockets and he seems deeply interested in the floor, because he never glances up for longer than a few seconds. He has black hair in a rough bowl cut, his eyes pale blue, and his skin had that pasty look of someone who avoids going outside whenever possible. All in all, a very forgettable person.

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-08, 08:34 AM
You may not refuse to answer, once bound. Cassie rolls her eyes. But since when is a truthful answer always a helpful one or even honest? Doesn't everyone who writes reports for a living have a degree in creative editing anyway? She shrugs. It will still ensure that you won't actually lie to me if I ask for the truth but "not your business" can be perfectly truthful and acceptable in a friendly conversation. Not so much if this was a hostile interrogation though - a skilled questioner could help me pose unambiguous questions if we had to get answers from a prisoner.

As for the weakness thing, are you referring to her horrible fashion sense or her inescapable craving for kinkiness? She smiles then. Either case, I have no idea. I'll get back to you once I get some good boyfriend material.

Epinephrine_Syn
2014-11-08, 04:26 PM
"… kay. Sounds like a plan. I'll have to think of a proper introduction for me and my associates. Two things, one, I'd like some refreshments and snacks and such at the moment, do you actually have any of those in this thing? Two, how long until we get there? Didja get some tech man to put rockets on the car, or are we travelin' default?"

Zelphas
2014-11-08, 06:41 PM
Apophis' eyes travel completely around the room before they focus on the plain-looking man. For just a second, his face registers surprise, and then he smiles with apparent warmth, walking over to the man and holding out his hand. "You must be one of the people I'm going to work with! My name is Frank Smith, but I usually go by Apophis." Someone who disappears by just standing in a room... I can definitely use this, Apophis mused to himself, shaking the man's hand.

Deception (to seem warm and friendly): [roll0]

Rhyvurg
2014-11-08, 09:36 PM
Simon has possibly the weakest, most pathetic handshake imaginable. "S-Simon. I'm not sure I really belong here, I'm nothing special." He doesn't make eye contact, and as soon as Apophis lets go he quickly puts his hands in his pockets.

Soliloquy
2014-11-09, 08:23 AM
The man cracks a smile at the comment about her fashion sense. "Sorry, I cannot allow you to use that power on me. However, I assure you that I have not lied as best I can. Really, if we were lying to you about this, I wouldn't know."

"What exactly do you want to eat? We will arrive shortly, although if you have more questions, feel free to delay your entrance.

Zelphas
2014-11-09, 01:16 PM
Apophis' grin widens at the man's apparent insecurity. Remarkably unsure of himself, probably open to a little... persuasion. either that, or a very good actor. Either way, I can use this Simon. "Oh, come now," Apophis says aloud, giving every pretense of friendliness. "These fellows wouldn't have you here if they didn't think you were up to the task. There's something special about you, I'm sure of it."

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-09, 04:14 PM
Cassie shrugs. Very well,then. Just tell me what you can and then we can go where you want me to. She restores the "whip" to its original position. If there are others involved, I would not want to delay them.

Rhyvurg
2014-11-10, 08:05 AM
He looks up, the slightest hints of a smile on his lips. "Well, I guess I'm a pretty good listener." He lets out a single 'ha', then realizes it wasn't really funny and resumes looking at the floor.

Soliloquy
2014-11-10, 11:07 AM
"Not much else I can tell you really. Ah, we're here." Cassie can now enter.

Metahuman1
2014-11-10, 12:16 PM
It was about that time that Daniel entered the room, files under arm. The young and physically very small man was, however, not unassuming if one looked more then surface deep. His eyes in particular had a shimmer of intellect to them, and just in general he had quite a presence despite his fairly obvious youth. Perhaps an overstated youth given his lack of height and how skewed his build was toward Petite.

"Gentlemen, pleasure to meet you. I'm Daniel Baines." He said as he offered them a hand, Simon then Apophis in turn as he spoke. In relation to his size, he had a firm, solid shake. In relation to his size. That said, most of it was in his voice and just the fact he had a lot of natural magnetism too him. Guy made the simple act of introducing himself pleasant.

On Daniels side, this all seemed like it could still be housing political games. And while yes, he wanted to help people, and yes, the best way to convince people to not be paralyzed by fear of people among them who could do things beyond what was considered normal was for them to be scene out there helping people, he wasn't a complete idiot, and so for just a bit longer, he was playing this as a calculated risk. For now.

Xunthrae
2014-11-10, 04:38 PM
In the Room

Shade arrives shortly after Apophis. He's dressed in his costume, a black and gray jumpsuit. His face is covered in a full head mask with no decoration. He stayed quiet, and waited. He didn't have to wait long before Daniel entered. He deignes not to shake the man's hand, he hopes it gave him an air of mystery.

Epinephrine_Syn
2014-11-10, 08:53 PM
After a short drive later, and a notice on where refreshments would be and what kinds of accommodations could be made, as well as the questionable legal nature of 'improvements' on the design, Samantha finally arrived with the rest of the superheroes in the meeting room.

Samantha finally arrived to the room, though as far as she knew she wasn't the last person there. Apparently she wasn't the shortest person in the room, which came to her as a sort of relief ever since the shrinking she suffered from her metal 'enhancements'. "Heya everyone, nice to meet you. I have no idea what we're all doing here, so I feel like the first thing we should settle on is what exactly our plan is. Or what plan is in store for us, as the paperwork that's here may be." The woman made a chair of solid metal of her own, making it elevated in posture so that it was extremely tall, and yet because of her stature only getting to eye level with the rest of the group.

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-10, 09:34 PM
The young woman that enters the area with a light, purposeful stride is rather eye-catching for most states other than California. Six feet tall if she were an inch, broad-shouldered and obviously athletic, she's also good looking enough to have entered beauty contests - at least if modern fashion didn't like its girls quite a bit thinner than she was. With a long, unruly mane of blonde hair only loosely held by a simple headband, a heart-shaped face that sported ruby lips stretched into an impish smile, and a penetrating, inquisitive stare, she'd be very hard to miss in a crowd.
Hey everyone! I'm Cassie, nice to meet you.
With that informal greeting, she takes a few more deceptively carefree steps then settles in, leaning against a wall. She seems familiar somehow - it isn't until you notice the spiked whip hanging at her hip that you remember seeing her on TV. She's had one of the more public debuts among "Sevens", a real battle against heavily armed terrorists in American soil. If the newsies are to be believed, she's as powerful as a locomotive... and only seventeen years old.

Rhyvurg
2014-11-11, 02:11 AM
With every person that enters, Simon presses a little harder against the wall.

Zelphas
2014-11-11, 02:15 AM
"Frank Smith, everyone. I mostly go by Apophis, though," the shortish, unremarkable middle-aged man says, shaking hands with everyone who allows him to. Hmm, a person who can create metal--lots of potential collateral damage there, depending on her intelligence... a 'cool kid' in black and grey--I can practically smell the insecurity from here... Cassandra Blackthorn, one of the more public supers--not-so-dumb muscle, though her morality is apparently up for debate... add that to Mr. Bossman and Mr. Cellophane, and we have quite the little team. now, what role do I need to be to tear it all apart...

Xunthrae
2014-11-11, 04:26 AM
Danny isn't sure what to make of the others yet. They seem friendly enough. He joins in when they begin introducing themselves. He lifts a hand and just says "Shade." Some of the others may have heard of him. He isn't big time, but a few of his displays of criminals wrapped in shadows made the national news.

Metahuman1
2014-11-11, 05:49 PM
Well, interesting way to start, one for one. As the fourth man, also rather quite entered the room that initially went down to one for two, but as more arrived and Shade finally offered an introduction, Daniel offered him a second hand shake, sporting a warm smile, even when he didn't take the hand shake for a second time. "Nice to meet you, Shade." No malice, no Irony, no trickery. Had to admire the sincerity.

Samantha actually prompted Daniel, upon entering, would have prompted Daniel to glance at her foot were if he'd not read the file already. He knew she was withing a couple of inches of him barefoot, and that was a rarity, but he'd had enough time to prepare himself for it as she shook her hand, finding the sensation of the metal skin, interesting. Not even sure what else to think about it just yet it was still alien enough. "I've got a suspicion or two, but I'm reasonably certain there going to go into more detail with us soon so I'll hold that to myself till they do. Benefit of the doubt and all that. I'm Daniel Baines by the way."

Cassie, was everything, physically, her profile said she'd be. Daniel had a decent poker face, enough to keep the Consummate professional nature going. Though he did feel his own urges stirring for a second before he throttled them back down. Wrong place, wrong time, and much as he'd love this last part not to be the case, wrong target. Underage and on a team he had reason to think he was gonna be in charge of. And since the fact that he had a fancy wasn't her fault, he was just gonna have to live with it. Price of doing the right thing.

So as she entered, he stepped over to her, hand extended for the same Handshake he'd offered the others, and gaze cast up for the same smile he'd afforded more or less everyone else. Brushing a pink lock of hair out of his eye, he offered a simple enough greeting. "Daniel. Daniel Baines. Pleasures all mine."

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-11, 06:31 PM
Cassie smiles back at the small young man. Many people were shorter than her - it came with having a physique to rival Wonder Woman in some things - but this was the first physically tiny man she'd personally met that seemed around her age. Whatever we're told she says, I am fairly certain myself we're here to prevent a war. She sighs. At least until one side or the other thinks they're ready. Humans have the absolutely worst tolerance track record towards other populations of all species. Looked that up on the internet - not that it surprises me. She shakes her head. We won't be able to avoid the chaos superpowers will bring. And we really, really don't want to. she says with great conviction and surprising maturity for her cheerleader appearance. Anything with "organized" or "systematic" in its name related to people with powers might not be survivable for humans. I'd prefer for things like government, religion, crime, armies, corporations and the like not to directly control -or be controlled by- anyone with powers and that's one of the reasons I am here.

Metahuman1
2014-11-11, 07:05 PM
Right, well then.

"The internet can be a wonderful tool, but one should not believe everything they read on it. Humanity doesn't have a perfect track record, but they've been improving, and in the last two hundred years, not even a blink of the eye to the cosmic scale, they've improved massively and are continuing to do so. The mere fact no one who's proposed sevens should be burned at the stake as witches has had anyone of significance or anything except a very, very small fringe minority take them seriously yet will attest to that."

His tone was more one of the learned scholar now as he spoke, it might have looked funny given that he wasn't even up to her chest.

"As for Chaos form Supers. Life's Chaotic by nature as it is, more so if you allow people there right to freedom, this isn't that much worse then the advent of firearms or computers, it changes everything, but everything would change some other way sooner or later so no sense crying over it. Course I'm in the camp that thinks the government really would be best advised to take a hands off approach to this one, as they have a less then stellar track record of predicting what direction big changes will go.

As for fighting a war, will see what all they have to say when they get in here, but I most likely will be telling them to have a nice day and walking out of here if they do try to insist on such. "

Rhyvurg
2014-11-11, 08:10 PM
Simon looks up. "Humanity's track record is perfect. E-evolution and survival of the fittest is a competition, that's how selective breeding works. That means there has to be a loser, and, um, humanity won...so..." He trails off and stops talking.

Epinephrine_Syn
2014-11-11, 10:05 PM
"I'm pretty sure those're two way different definitions of the term 'track record' there. And while yes, I do think that people are in general a little hateful, they're not all bad. I feel like at least doing something is better than nothing." Samantha was sounding pleasant and cheery with careful affect given out to the rest of the group.

"At least, for a given parameter of something. Given that we're here to influence it, I think we can make sure that the 'something' involved will be satisfactory. All in all inaction is also an action and a choice, and there's going to be a lot of pot stirring from the sevens all over. I do expect us to be briefed in some form on what the specifics are, as well as the 'refreshments'. I don't think we need to 'take it or leave it' given our position, we can actually make their deal our own." Samantha paused, kicking her feet and looking thoughtfully upward with her hand on her chin. "Oh, yeah everyone should know, I took them up on their offer to provide a banquet. If you're the paranoid type, check for poisoning. If you're the backstabbing type, add poisoning. And if you're the anorexic type, hand the food off to somebody else."

Zelphas
2014-11-11, 10:29 PM
Apophis is content to sit and listen to the other sevens talk, getting a feel for their separate personalities before he starts trying to influence them. Samantha's mention of a banquet, however, brought a reply from him. "Poison?" he splutters, sounding genuinely shocked. Why would anyone here poison the rest of us?" We're not well-known enough yet for the death to be remarked upon, we haven't known each other long enough to make enemies, there is almost no potential for long-term chaos; it just makes no sense!

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-17, 01:37 PM
Cassie laughs. That was a joke. she says at the apparently worried Apophis. Good one, too, given what we are. She frowns for a moment, then raises a pale eyebrow. Oh wait. How many of us are actually resistant to poison? I thought it was a fairly common ability but my experience might have been... skewed by past events.

Metahuman1
2014-11-21, 04:33 PM
"I'm not immune to poisons that I know of, so I should hope not. Course, offing me has it's own risks for those who would like too. Among them that I might be a martyr to my cause as a result"

He offered Casually with a bemused smile.

"My gifts have, other forms." He offered as he held a hand palm up, his cell phone rising form his pocket and floating to his hand through the air as he used it to check the time and then slid it back.

"Our hosts do seem to be taking there time though."

Soliloquy
2014-11-22, 08:50 PM
There is a lull in the conversation, and at that moment, a voice comes out of the walls. "Alright kiddies, that's enough story time. Let's get you briefed on the situation. There's this gang leader, Cherry Moto, who learned that she's a seven. She thinks that makes her above the law. It does not. You're going to go in there and do your thing. She's got a few other sevens on her side. Most notable is her right hand, Alison Jones. Full reports will be provided on the trip, but to be honest, that's about all we have. Figure out which ones of you can take down a mass of humans. Without killing, maiming, destroying minds, or causing a hundred grand in property damage. You think you can handle that Mr. Baines?"

Metahuman1
2014-11-23, 01:13 AM
"I'm inclined to think I can shut a group down if needed. Would you care to tell me what this woman you'd have me bring in for you actually stands accused of? What Charges you mean to bring against her and what evidence you've got for it? Warrants and so on?

Don't miss understand me, I've no problem shutting a bad woman down who needs to be shut down. But I will be sure of her credentials for being bad stretching past "Because we the government got the urge to say so." before taking that action. U.N. and Global community, including the United States government, made it quite clear that "I was only following orders." doesn't fly past a certain point after all."

He was perfectly pleasant in his tone and body language. His general demeanor all the consummate professional. He wasn't above making her follow the law. Particularly reasonable laws. Murder was a no no, so on. But he was not an attack dog who would be used at the discretion of people who though there badge was magic, nor would be be treated or act as such.

And besides, showing him the warrant and the charges and that there was at least enough evidence for arrest was in no way unreasonable. After all, every other law enforcement professional was expected to have seen such and for them to be valid before they made and arrest. This should be know different.

Soliloquy
2014-11-23, 11:11 AM
"If you want, you can review the warrants on your way over. She is involved in extortion and weapons trafficking, her organization is a criminal one to the core. Oh, and resisting arrest. She broke both his arms and a bunch of ribs too. Not that I really care about that. I never liked that guy. That sound good to you?"

Rhyvurg
2014-11-23, 03:22 PM
As the Voice From The Walls speaks, Simon sinks deeper into thought, nibbling on a fingernail. This...group, for lack of a better term, knew this gang leader was a seven, and that she had others in her employ, but apparently nothing about their abilities. Logically, knowing they were sevens had to be based on some form of observational evidence, yet those observations had not revealed any specifics? Deductive reasoning suggests she has either some form of mental influence, is charismatic enough to control other sevens (who could reasonably think they are better than others, making them harder to order about), or has some kind of hold over them, like blackmail. Which speaks to Ms Moto's cunning, if that is the case. Whichever might be true, she will be ruthless and unpredictable.

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-23, 05:24 PM
Interesting. Cassie comments. A few points a bit more relevant than warrants, in my opinion. The young blonde frowns for a moment before continuing.

There can be no guarantees of easy takedowns; any "Seven" could turn out to have any power. They could be keeping some of their abilities secret. Or their abilities could be variable. Or they could be still developing with even them not knowing. She shrugs. Fog of war is point one. Point two is collateral damage. Some of us can hit as hard as heavy artillery. A single such blow lands where it shouldn't and a hundred grand of damage is unlikely; large buildings cost tens to hundreds of millions. She looks up to where the "voice" came from. Point three, we're doing this in a city. The military isn't allowed to work domestically for obvious reasons. And while I like to think we're smarter and more accurate than your smart bombs, those reasons still apply. There's a long pause as Cassie gives everyone a few moments to digest those points.

Anyone here has a background as a tactician or analyst? Any info we have on that gang needs to be analyzed and good tactics formed. I can't do it myself... the young blonde sighs. Last time I fought any serious opposition, those kinds of problems bit me in the @ss.

Metahuman1
2014-11-24, 08:47 AM
"Nothing personal Gentlemen, but given that I've got more the one party who I'm sure would fancy discrediting my entire line of work, I'd prefer to see the warrants first before agreeing to anything. I'd also prefer to take care of the small matter of our group needing to be deputized in order to make such an arrest."

He turned his attention to Cassie with that.

"Will work out tactics in route. What we may end up having to do depending on what her powers are and what her men's arsenal looks like is lure her out away form a populated area. That's probably done easily enough with a few phone calls ironically so I'm less worried about that."

Zelphas
2014-11-24, 12:13 PM
Apophis listens to the mission and the others' objections to it, noting each person's reaction in turn. So Mr. Bossman is a rules lawyer, of course; hmm, I wonder, is he telepathic as ell as telepathic? Should I perhaps guard my thoughts?... Nah, Apophis thinks, his chaotic nature rebelling against any type of control. He's by-the-book, anyways; he probably thinks looking into other people's minds is a violation of the right to privacy or some such nonsense. Apophis turns his attention to Cassie next. Another cautious one... oh well, caution can be turned to paranoia readily enough, if I'm smart about it.

"Excuse me," Apophis interjects smoothly. "I know that you wished to talk tactics 'en route', as you said, but I may be able to help with avoiding collateral damage. I can be quite... persuasive, when I put my mind to it; it's no power, however, just natural charisma. I may be able to talk some of this, ah, gang into getting out of the line of fire." He pauses, then says slyly, "Of course, I'd have to go in alone...

Metahuman1
2014-11-24, 01:02 PM
"I'm inclined to think that won't be necessary this time. I can likely lure her out by offering to meet out in the middle of no where, let her think she's got a chance to get a politician in her pocket or some such, and then we serve the warrant and take her in, with no one to be hurt for miles around." He offered back with a smile.

"Appreciate the offer though."

Epinephrine_Syn
2014-11-24, 07:58 PM
Samantha got a nod and brought two bright silver marbles out of her pocket, letting them lay on the table and roll forwards somewhat, but not ever actually falling off of the table at hand. “I think I could help a little bit with the tactics and analysis. Of course, it does depend on the type of tactics and analysis that are needed. I can do a lot of quick thinking, and tactics, not so much statistical analysis. War games are something I’ve quite enjoyed, and this wouldn’t be especially different I imagine.”

“So I can play the part of the tactician and coordinator, cause we’ll want an easy proper. Probably for the best, because I’m pretty sure that all of my powers are highly explosive. Or leave a lot of… residue. Usually both.” Samantha brushed her hair out of her face again, tiny metal weights forming to clip them away from her eyes.

“Speaking of tactics and warrants, I’ll want to know more about what kinds of tactics she has, and namely what kinds of crimes she’s committed. It’ll probably give me some kind of idea as to what she might be capable of. I’ll let Baines see if she’s ethically committed crimes, but weapon trafficking… is that really relevant anymore? Genuinely gotta ask, what kinds of weapons? Cause I’m not sure weapons trafficking is preventable in any sense if we’re talking about just your bread and butter machete or bow’n’arrow stuff.”

“Nice catch, by the way, on the whole warrant thing. I don’t know the legality of this much. I hardly think she’s going to just ‘come in quietly’, though, so since you’re intending for it to be a non-lethal capture, we’ll need some plan for both subduing and much more importantly, containment.”

Rhyvurg
2014-11-26, 12:25 AM
"Um, if we are going to discuss tactics, shouldn't we let each other know what we can do?"

Belial_the_Leveler
2014-11-26, 07:17 AM
That's simple enough. the young blonde says. Strong as a locomotive, fast as most handgun bullets, can leap tall buildings in a single bound, my skin can only be pierced by heavy artillery. She smiles prettily. Sound familiar? I'm also pretty handy with a whip... err... I mean lasso.

Metahuman1
2014-11-26, 07:25 PM
That last one got a stone cold poker face turned Cassie's way form Arthur. It was almost unnerving how much one couldn't tell what he was thinking of her comment from it.

"Right then." Breaking the silence and moving things back to topic. "I do mostly force field projections, telekinetic ability's, and I have some other various sundry mentally focused ability's that I don't use nearly as much. Moral qualms and such."

Zelphas
2014-11-27, 10:27 PM
"Well, besides my natural charisma, I can take a hit without flinching and can hit back fairly decently, though fighting isn't exactly my preferred modus operandi," Apophis chimes in to the share-fest, shrugging.

Check: [roll0]

Metahuman1
2014-12-01, 08:44 AM
Interesting. He's not being totally open about it. I'm trying not to scare them right off the bat, maybe that's his problem? Or perhaps he's got issues telling the government everything he can do. Still, better safe then sorry. Should probably talk to him later.

Daniel turned to Samantha at about that point.

"So, highly explosive or leaves reside. I'm guessing the latter relates to metal in some fashion?"

Insight, take 10, +9 to skill, result 19 to overcome Deceive check.

Epinephrine_Syn
2014-12-01, 11:40 PM
"By residue I mean, the stuff I make doesn't actually… go away. Lots of other powers with shadows or green lantern stuff or what have you poofs out of the air. Anything I make stays around, so if I, say, want to protect a bunch of civilians with a dome of metal, there better be a way to dig them out of it. Or if I toss metal everywhere in a fight and something gets on a road, some crew'll have to lift that slab off before traffic can resume."

Samantha stretched her arms up and held her hand out. "Which lead me, heh, to my point earlier about arms trafficking." A sword sprang forth from the wrist, hilt clasped in her hand and sharpening in an edge. "Not especially fine craft, but pretty durable and heavy. I could pop out dozens of them, bows and arrows are a little trickier. And if I really thought about it, got schematics, and got some of the other parts, I could probably figure out how to make basic pistols and bullets. Or at least old age 'hand cannons' from like five centuries back or some such . I'm sure there's at least a couple others out there somewhere that can do stuff like this, and who knows probably a lot more. Forget shipping the stuff in, I'm'a be thinking about what can be home grown."