PDA

View Full Version : Some clarification on Dancing weapons

Apoc360
2007-03-20, 10:12 PM
If a character has more then one dancing weapon, can he/she choose to activate them all? As in, a sorceror has say...4 Dancing Knives. Can he choose to activate all 4, or can he only have 1 weapon with such an effect going at a time?

Borogove
2007-03-20, 10:15 PM
the description doesn't mention anything about not having multiple dancing weapons, so, presumably, yes. You have to activate them one by one, though. (so, one standard action each).

Dancing

As a standard action, a dancing weapon can be loosed to attack on its own. It fights for 4 rounds using the base attack bonus of the one who loosed it and then drops. While dancing, it cannot make attacks of opportunity, and the person who activated it is not considered armed with the weapon. In all other respects, it is considered wielded or attended by the creature for all maneuvers and effects that target items. While dancing, it takes up the same space as the activating character and can attack adjacent foes (weapons with reach can attack opponents up to 10 feet away). The dancing weapon accompanies the person who activated it everywhere, whether she moves by physical or magical means. If the wielder who loosed it has an unoccupied hand, she can grasp it while it is attacking on its own as a free action; when so retrieved the weapon can’t dance (attack on its own) again for 4 rounds.

Strong transmutation; CL 15th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, animate objects; Price +4 bonus.

Apoc360
2007-03-20, 10:17 PM
Was wondering about that while reading the desciption. Thanks alot.

Maxymiuk
2007-03-21, 04:58 AM
I'll jump in to ask about how the Dancing enchantment works on double weapons. How do they work if you enchant only one end? Or do they work at all? Do you need to enchant both?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-03-21, 05:04 AM
I'll jump in to ask about how the Dancing enchantment works on double weapons. How do they work if you enchant only one end? Or do they work at all? Do you need to enchant both?

If you enchant one end - that end will probably start dancing (taking the other end along for the ride of course).
You won't get attacks from both ends, however.

hewhosaysfish
2007-03-21, 05:06 AM

I would reckon that, since you attack with both ends as though they were two different weapons, the enchanted end will attack and the unenchanted end will just get sort of waggled around behind it as it moves.
And if you enchant both ends, they both attack as thought the wepaon were being wielded by some invisible critter. Though you would take two commands to activate both ends.

Vodun
2007-03-21, 09:24 AM
The concept of the Dancing weapons amuses me so much. It seems to be the only way I could imagine the Spiked chain actually working, and is it wrong that I cant stop giggling at seeing a Dancing greataxe?