PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Playing PF with 3.5 prestige classes. Cool build ideas?

Meta
2014-11-01, 03:55 PM
I don't know if much exists in the way of 3.5-PF level 20 characters, but if anyone has a link to something weird and/or fun I can use (PF only is fine too) I'd appreciate it. I know neither system very well and haven't had the time to dig into it before the one shot tomorrow.

My friend is playing Incantrix so I don't need to be terribly useful. Any one trick pony would do but something fun would be nice!

Thank ya in advance.

Taveena
2014-11-02, 12:27 AM
I remember the trait guide I found bringing up that Malconvoker with the trait that gives a bonus to bluff against evil outsiders was a lot of fun.

If you want to break even with the Incantatrix, Planar Shepherd, Sentinel of Bharrai (barrhai?), and Anima Mage are top-tier (figuratively and literally). Spelldancer is fun, if feat-tax heavy.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-11-02, 02:03 AM
If you cannot find a use for the Spellwarped Sniper, I will be blown away. Replace a Reflex Save with a ranged touch attack. Slap that on, if nothing else, a Dazing Burning Hands and bob's your uncle.

But I am certain you can think of something better.

Manly Man
2014-11-02, 03:22 AM
How's about...

Psychic Warrior 5/Cleric1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 7/Crusader 7

Make sure to use two of your PsyWar bonus feats to take Martial Study and Martial Stance for a Devoted Spirit maneuver and stance, nab the hustle power as soon as you can, and probably get Psionic Meditation for usage of Psychic Renewal (expend your psionic focus to recover a maneuver). With the seventh-level RKV ability, you can exchange turn attempts for swift actions, and all it takes to manifest hustle is a swift action, thereby allowing you have as many extra move actions as you have the combination of turn attempts and power points for. Taking the rest of the levels as a Crusader (Swordsage would work too, if you want to focus on Shadow Hand instead of Devoted Spirit maneuvers) will net you a total IL of 17, so you can take a 9th-level maneuver by the end of this mess as well. The combination of classes gets you good Fortitude and Will saves, +17 BAB (I think), 5th-level PsyWar manifesting, 6th-level Cleric casting, and the ability to literally run circles around your enemies, possibly blowing all of your turn attempts and power points in one round if you want to be silly.

LTwerewolf
2014-11-02, 04:03 AM
Arcanist with rainbow servant would be hilariously broken.

T.G. Oskar
2014-11-02, 04:57 AM
Paladin 10/Fist of Raziel (Fist of Ragathiel?) 10, maybe. That'd be fun.

In 3.5, this PrC made Smite a threat; in PF, it might be interesting to see how it interacts with the Mark (disclaimer: I refuse to call the Paladin's Mark a Smite, and Fist of Raziel in 3.5 is the clearest example of why). While the auto-confirming effect is already on the PF Paladin's Mark, the Holy, Fiendsmite and Chain effects don't. Chain is the funniest one, though: making every attack a small AoE attack against evil should be hilarious. You also gain near-full CL (one less than usual), several uses of your Mark (in fact, one more than before IIRC) with full progression, a permanent Magic Circle against Evil effect (which somewhat replaces the loss of the latter auras), and while you don't get Holy Champion, you still get the Holy Doritos Strike (TM) instead. Maybe slap up Sacred Servant while at it? Empyreal Lord Ragathiel is almost a carbon copy of Raziel of the Hebdomad, so you might want to replace its entry feat with Celestial Obeisance :smallbiggrin:

Magus with Abjurant Champion should be hilarious. Magus ends up with BAB of 15; Abjurant Champion lets it end up with a BAB of +17, full spellcasting progression and provides a solid boost to the Shield spell. You end up losing Greater Spell Access (and the bunch of spells you learn with it); True Magus isn't as great as what Abjurant Champion offers. Magus 16/AC 4 seems fair play.

Ultimate Magus should be fun with Wizard and Arcanist; the Arcanist is essentially a Ultimate Magus reworked as a class, so having near-full Wizard spellcasting and a good amount of Arcanist spells for bread & butter, plus Arcanist exploits should be awe-inspiring.

Witch/Nightmare Spinner/Dread Witch. IIRC, both are 5-level PrCs, so it should work nicely with the Nightmares Major Hex. Witch has a lot of dead levels, and the class features from both PrCs should make them slightly better.

Cavalier (PF Class)/Cavalier (3.5 PrC). Keep progressing your mount, and while you won't get all challenges, you end up dealing so much damage with mounted charges that it's not funny. Particularly once you get Full Mounted Attack. Just to keep with the feel of the last two suggestions: Inquisitor/Church Inquisitor, Oracle/Divine Oracle, Magus/X/Ultimate Magus, Skald/Warrior Skald (even more fun with Warchanter!), Slayer/Slayer of Domiel, etc.

Bard/Sublime Chord. The one and only, the original! With the change to how uses of Bardic Music work, this could be combined with an Archetype that boosts spellcasting for a near-full spellcasting Bard, using PF Sorcerer spells as well.

Barbarian (or Bloodrager)/Runescarred Berseker. You'll need to have Forgotten Realms content approved, but if you do, you can add Runescars to your Rage Powers (and spells, if a Bloodrager).

Sayt
2014-11-02, 05:24 AM
Actually, 3.5!Cavalier's mount only stacks with mounts from Paladin levels, which IMHO is lame and I'd rule that it stacks with other mounts, but it doesn't, by RAW.

Meta
2014-11-02, 05:34 AM
Thanks everyone, I will definitely look into each of these time permitting.

Gotta shove off to work soon, but I have a follow-up question first:

Will any of these combinations allow me to benefit the party in any way that an Iot7v/Incantrix couldn't? I don't need to be the rain maker but being able to cover even just one of his shortcomings might make my presence at the table useful :smallredface:

Manly Man
2014-11-02, 08:40 PM
Thanks everyone, I will definitely look into each of these time permitting.

Gotta shove off to work soon, but I have a follow-up question first:

Will any of these combinations allow me to benefit the party in any way that an Iot7v/Incantrix couldn't? I don't need to be the rain maker but being able to cover even just one of his shortcomings might make my presence at the table useful :smallredface:

The PsyWar/Cleric/RKV/Crusader build works if you want to take hits for the party, and if you switch off to Swordsage instead, you can be one mobile mo'fo and do a lot of things, especially debuffing and crowdcontrol, as well as spying without using up spells.