PDA

View Full Version : War of Omens: You Make the Card

Jormengand
2014-11-01, 08:48 PM
The purpose of this thread is to make custom cards for War of Omens. Due to the likely low number of contestants, this will be done in the same format as the Challenge! thread, which is as follows:

Each post should contain a short critique of the card made by the poster before them, a card that meets the challenge posted by the poster before them, and a new challenge for the next poster to take on.

There is no time limit on when a challenge can be met, and no restriction on how often you can post other than that you can't fulfill your own challenges. If two people respond to the same challenge, the next poster simply picks which of those to judge and meet the challenge of, though if you're up to it you could also try fulfilling both challenges at the same time, assuming that's possible.

Each entry must have at least a text representation of their card, preferably in the following format:

Name Cost (Third upgrade cost or all costs, please)
Faction Type Rarity
Effect
Health/Charges/Health, Charges
Flavour text

For example:

Captain Listrata
Vespitole Hero - II
On turn: +1 F

Waylay 0 (or 2/1/0)
Metris Spell - I
Attack*3
Destroy after use
"Do not be afraid: you are fortunate to be chosen by me. The lives we take live forever in our stories."
-Birondelle

Orphan Gang 2
Daramek Ally - I
On turn: Attack weakest
"Orphans cover Sitrak like fleas cover aurochs"
-Mogesh

Underworld Barge 7/6/5
Endazu Anima - IV
On turn: Attack * 2
When Discarded: For each Charge: Summon gilded warrior
3, 2/20

Bantling Crown
Coin - E
+1 G
23%: Attack Weakest

For simplicity's sake, put the "Type" line as Spell (Lead the Charge, Waylay) Continuous (Rite of Battle, Belladonna, Wagon Bomb, Ceremonial Dance, Palisade), Permanent (Tome of Memory, Enchanted Treaty), Ally (Non-Anima allies), Idol, Anima, Incantation, Inscription, Goetia, Hero, Coin, or some combination of the above (Halting Rebuke would be a Continuous Incantation). You don't have to put down everything that could apply, but it would just help if you did.

So, let's start with an easy challenge: Make an Endazu card.

r2d2go
2014-11-02, 03:04 AM
Disclaimer: I'm bad at this! :smallbiggrin:

Slashing Petals 10
Incantation IV
On hold: +1*
For each enemy, for each *: Attack
0/3

Challenge: Make something Vespitole.

Jormengand
2014-11-02, 06:00 AM
Challenge: Make something Vespitole.

This wasn't meant to be like the MtG challenge but like the normal week-long competition. That said, it's probably better as a challenge thing, so I guess I'll change it...

Anyway, big Malediction is big. It basically means your opponent doesn't want to play any allies, ever, and with scribe or Cantillation it becomes really easy to use. Also no rarity and you didn't list card types, but ehh.

Hospital 5
Vespitole Spell II
Draw a card
Heal Hero * 2

Next: Create a new Idol.

r2d2go
2014-11-03, 01:07 PM
Actually you know I'm okay with the one-week thing, making up a bunch of stuff for WoO is hard :smalltongue:

But for now...

Gilded Steps
Idol III
Sacrifice an ally: +1 charge.
4 charges - Gain a random Rite.

Challenge: Make something metris :smalltongue:

Jormengand
2014-11-03, 01:24 PM
Actually you know I'm okay with the one-week thing, making up a bunch of stuff for WoO is hard :smalltongue:

Yeah, but given that there are only going to be about 2 or 3 of us, I'm not sure the competition would be that big.

r2d2go
2014-11-03, 04:40 PM
Repost to trigger post-sensitive things:

Reasonable spell, I guess? Cross-comparing it to Curry Favor, other Metris cards, and Trade Company, it seems to be about right. I'm not very good at judging either :smalltongue:

Gilded Steps
Daramek Idol III
Sacrifice an ally: +1 charge.
4 charges - Gain a random Rite.

Challenge: Make something metris :smalltongue:

Jormengand
2014-11-03, 04:53 PM
Cost?

But anyway, not sure we needed the Herding Stones clone, especially with the ability to go nova by dropping 8 magic on, say, three of these into 12 Rites of Ow which is over 50 procs before you even take the cards in your hand into account.

Thief 4
Metris Ally - III
On turn: Draw a card from foe's hand.
50%: Destroy when killed.

Next: Create a card with "Ignores intercept."