PDA

View Full Version : Every apocalypse at once

Dr.Orpheus
2014-11-02, 05:08 AM
I had an idea where I would run a campaign in an undicided system where what is basicaly Xenothurgy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?122103-Xenotheurgy-Far-Realms-magic-system) becomes avalible to to everyone in what is otherwise a no magic world. It would start with the players realizing they have the power to uncontrolably shift between the main world and a chaotic fantasy world where the xenothugy is happening. What I would like help with is how a civilized world with fantasy races would react to people one day waking up with mini apocalypses poping up everywhere. The scale I'm thinking of here would range, one day it could be zombies and the next it could rain fire, but the main thing is that local catastrophies would come one after another and slowly wipe out all but the most prepared. I will make the equivalent of the true xenothurgist class in the game so some of the events are willingly made by selfish people who want to shape the world with their destructive power. Tell me how you would make the world if it were this messed up.

blacklight101
2014-11-02, 04:36 PM
I think I played a game something like this before, as I recall there were lots of these Vault things...

At least that's how I see society going, lots of small underground fortresses (basically) and abovegrounders surviving in the, well, Fallout. I do play too many of those kind of games though, and when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a super mutant with a laser minigun.

Milo v3
2014-11-02, 05:37 PM
Vaults would probably end up only slightly minimizing the danger, since mini-apocalypses would occur inside the vault from it's inhabitants.

Since every person will be a waking bomb, I'd assume families would try to separate themselves from the masses once they realise that more people = more destruction.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-11-02, 07:53 PM
With your suggestions I imagine that dwarves would build vaults and surface dwellers would break up into small groups of survivalists and small towns led by the few who gain more control over their xenothurgy. I also had an idea that after a while elder evils would begin pop up and grant people protection from catastrophies related to what apocalypse they represent so they have protection as they awaken their power.