PDA

View Full Version : [AMNC] [ravages] combatting the seven deadly sins [mature content]

knightsaline
2007-03-21, 12:58 AM
for those who do not know what a ravage is, its just a poison that characters who have a code disallowing poison use to use these poisons, albeit weaker poisons. its ion the book of exalted deeds

calm
calm is the paladins way of stopping a rampaging evil barbarian (or other class using rage abilities) from destroying something the paladin has sworn to protect. Calm was developed by clerics of Syreth (CWar) to help syrethians help protect communities. Calm is generally used against barbarians accused with the sin of Wrath
Calm DC 30 Fort save 2d6 STR damage, stops rages, target must make a d20 roll, on the roll of 19 or higher the rage happens

Chastity
Chastity is the paladins way of stopping rapists, pedophiles, beastialitists (those who "have unpeaceful contact" with animals) and necrophiliacs. Chastity was developed by clerics of Sedrea to give paladins a way of making sure those who break her Rules Of Seduction get punished. Since Chastity's side effect is to destroy the targets libido and since only Sedreas clerics have the ability to cast remove/reinstate libido, this ravage works especially well. Chastity is generally used against those accused with the sin of lust
Chastity DC 25 Fort save, 2d6 CHA damage, destroys libido of target, unable to sexually perform

Wake up!
Wake up! is the paladins way of punishing those who allow evil acts to happen through inaction. Wake up! overrides the bodies instinct to fall asleep, yet the tiredness still persists. In the case of elves, their minds do not settle enough to enter Trance. Wake up! is generally used against those accused of the sin of sloth,
Wake up! DC 25 Fort save, 2d6 CON damage, target is unable to sleep or enter Trance, target is unable to recover hitpoints naturally.

Humble looks
Humble looks is the paladins way of punishing those who allow their land to go to ruin just because they wanted to look better. Humble looks was developed to make those who are fixated on their looks stop looking in a mirror. humble looks affects the mind of the afflicted so that they cannot see themselves in reflective surfaces. like they would want to. Humble looks is generally used against those found guilty of the sin of Vanity
Humble looks, DC 25 Fort save, 2d6 CHA damage, target is unable to see themselves in a reflective surface.

Charity
Charity was developed to make sure those who have too much money give some back to the community. Charity was developed by clerics of Syreth to help the communities of rich lords get something from the Lord of the village. Charity is generally used against those accused of the sin of greed
Charity, DC 25 Fort save, 1d8 Wis damage, target must pass a Will save when he sees a poor person or give them the contents of their purses.

Empty stomach
Empty stomach was developed to stop those corpulent lords who allow their villages to go hungry to allow them to try new, exotic delicacies. Empty stomach makes it so that if the target eats anything exotic or heavily spiced, they instantly throw up, being unable to eat anything but the simplest fare. Empty stomach is generally used against those accused of the sin of gluttony
Empty stomach, DC 25 Fort save, 1d10 CON damage, target cannot eat anything except bread and water

Acceptance
Acceptance is the paladins way of stopping a war based on jealousy between settlements. Acceptance make the target stop thinking about how good someone else has it and starts thinking about how bad they have it and how they can improve what they have. Acceptance is generally used on those accused of the sin of Envy
Acceptance: DC 25 Fort save, 1d8 WIS damage, target cannot stop thinking of how to improve what they have peacefully.

Ravages can only be used on evil people, so that stops the use of Wake Up! on people needing a stimulant, Empty Stomach on those wanting to lose weight

knightsaline
2007-03-23, 01:07 AM
is no one going to comment on my ravages? oh, and the [AMNC] stands for Against my normal creations, an event that I tried to launch early

Fredderf
2007-03-23, 06:39 PM
Erm, anger aint a deadly sin there friend. You may want to check on that. Otherwise, neat.

dukexx
2007-03-23, 06:53 PM
however, wrath is. very nice. 4 more?

Demented
2007-03-23, 07:26 PM
DC 25, 2d6 CON damage, and you can't sleep?
Friggin' OUCH!
What's that got to cost? 2000gp? More?

On the other hand, it provides a slick alternative to stimulants...
"Oh, hear me Paladins! I am ridden with the affliction of sloth! Spare me some 'Wake Up!' ?"
"What? Again? You were here yesterday!"
"Er, yeah... and the day before that..."

knightsaline
2007-03-23, 07:30 PM
Erm, anger aint a deadly sin there friend. You may want to check on that. Otherwise, neat.

will change that. I forgot about Vanity being a deadly sin.

knightsaline
2007-03-24, 12:28 AM
finished all seven

Twisted.Fate
2007-03-24, 01:06 AM
The ravages in and of themselves are interesting. But I'm not a fan of your naming. I just can't envision a paladin in a serious campaign requisitioning a vial of "Wake Up!"

mikeejimbo
2007-03-24, 10:02 AM
Perhaps they should all be named after the Seven Virtues that oppose the Seven Sins? You used some of them as the names.

The opposite of Lust is Chastity, Gluttony is Temperance, Greed is Charity, Sloth is Diligence, Wrath is Forgiveness, Envy is Kindness and Pride (or Vanity) is Humility.

So, one vial of Diligence please.

Annarrkkii
2007-03-24, 08:27 PM
So, one vial of Diligence please.

Psh, screw that! Hook me up with a vial of Lust, stat!

Anyway, they look good, except for the fact that they're really, really good. These are some highly dangerous poisons. I realize they are supposed to be that way, but I'm just... reluctant to put that kind of firepower out on the poison department. Would you consider toning most of the damage and/or saves down a few notches?

mikeejimbo
2007-03-24, 10:46 PM
Psh, screw that! Hook me up with a vial of Lust, stat!

Actually, I think taking both at the same time is popular these days. :smallwink:

Maldraugedhen
2007-03-25, 10:19 AM
for those who do not know what a ravage is, its just a poison that characters who have a code disallowing poison use to use these poisons, albeit weaker poisons.

If these are indeed supposed to be weaker, then they definitely need some watering down. I'd say knock the stat penalties down to 2D4 from 2D6, and otherwise down a die size (at LEAST one), otherwise these just seem to be more potent overall.

InaVegt
2007-03-25, 10:33 AM
If these are indeed supposed to be weaker, then they definitely need some watering down. I'd say knock the stat penalties down to 2D4 from 2D6, and otherwise down a die size (at LEAST one), otherwise these just seem to be more potent overall.

The weaker part is that ravages only work on evils, IIRC. I know for sure Good people aren't affected by it.

Demented
2007-03-25, 01:39 PM
Heh, I'd almost think that makes it better than normal poison. No risk of hurting yourself or friendlies.

mikeejimbo
2007-03-25, 03:37 PM
Heh, I'd almost think that makes it better than normal poison. No risk of hurting yourself or friendlies.

Indeed, I'd say much better.

"No, it's fine to drink, look." *drinks* "Now you."

But I guess that would be dishonorable. Are there any poisons that only work on good people?

Twisted.Fate
2007-03-26, 03:57 PM
I don't know that there are, but why not make some - do the 7 reverse ravages. Have them counter each other. That'd be fantastic, in a religious or sin/virtue-based sort of campaign.

knightsaline
2007-03-27, 09:56 PM
Sin poisons? most of them would entail a will save or try and commit the sin the poison is of. (distilled lust? must try and create that!). the only exception to this is sloth, which just sends you into a state of non-caring and inactivity. maybe after the "official" starting of the AMNC event