PDA

View Full Version : Stupid PC ideas, the Potion Helmet

Blackhawk748
2014-11-02, 01:54 PM
While talking with a buddy about potions in DnD, we thought of something hilarious: the Potion Helmet. Yes its a Beer Helmet designed to hold larger than average potion bottles and allow you to drink while fighting. Yes we are aware that this is stupid, it is also awesome.

Uncle Pine
2014-11-02, 02:04 PM
There are potion capsules in Complete Adventurer. You could work on an unlimited not-slotless version of those for your Potion Helmet. I vaguely remember reading that you can build an unlimited version of a mundane/alchemical item by multiplying its price x50 (although I've never found that rule in any book so I'd be grateful if someone could confirm or deny this information).

Greenish
2014-11-02, 02:08 PM
There's Potion Bladder in Drow of the Underdark. Should work just as well stuffed in a hat as carried across the chest.

Judge_Worm
2014-11-02, 02:16 PM
There's Potion Bladder in Drow of the Underdark. Should work just as well stuffed in a hat as carried across the chest.

Or like a camelpack, an irl device for carrying water like a backpack.

daremetoidareyo
2014-11-02, 02:23 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?370963-Potion-Injector&highlight=potion

I'll just leave that there and let you realize that we're all a little stupid in the idea department.

Darrin
2014-11-02, 03:00 PM
Already been done. Dragon #294: Ready-Drink Helm.

BWR
2014-11-02, 03:00 PM
While talking with a buddy about potions in DnD, we thought of something hilarious: the Potion Helmet. Yes its a Beer Helmet designed to hold larger than average potion bottles and allow you to drink while fighting. Yes we are aware that this is stupid, it is also awesome.

I'm pretty sure this idea has been around almost as long as D&D has. We certainly had it when we started playing 20+ years ago.
Great minds think alike, nothing new under the sun, and all that.