PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Upcoming D&D 5th edition books

Tiberius777
2014-11-02, 08:10 PM
Hello All,

Any insight or knowledge on what books will be coming out after the all the core books are published?

I myself would like a campaign setting (I'm guessing it would be Faerun) and then smaller books on specific areas (like Pathfinder does), a spell compendium and modules.

JAL_1138
2014-11-02, 08:16 PM
Total speculation here, but restoring the Great Wheel cosmology has me hopeful that we might get some Planescape material. I don't know if there's any reason to bring it back--and in the relative detail they have in the PHB--unless they plan on supporting it, unless it was just done to mollify us grognards.

Yorrin
2014-11-02, 08:56 PM
Nothing definite, but I've gotten the impression that they're going to be mostly focused on publishing adventure paths for a while, rather than rulebooks. Take that as you will.

Gnomes2169
2014-11-02, 09:42 PM
Likely setting books for Dragonlance, Ebberon, Planescape and Spelljammer (the first three are suggested by the appearance of references in the PHB, MM and DMG content leaks. The last one by future weapons and Flumphs. :smallbiggrin:)

Other than that, adventure paths and psionics are almost a certain thing.

Totema
2014-11-02, 09:45 PM
I hear tell that there's going to be some elemental-themed book coming up. I don't know much about it though, maybe someone else does?

Rfkannen
2014-11-02, 09:49 PM
I hear tell that there's going to be some elemental-themed book coming up. I don't know much about it though, maybe someone else does?

I remember this rumor. It was something to do with fire in particular.

Madfellow
2014-11-02, 09:54 PM

I remember this rumor. It was something to do with fire in particular.

Source? :smallconfused:

JFahy
2014-11-02, 10:00 PM
Nothing definite, but I've gotten the impression that they're going to be mostly focused on publishing adventure paths for a while, rather than rulebooks. Take that as you will.

Will this become true if I want it hard enough? :smallsmile:

Envyus
2014-11-02, 10:05 PM
Source? :smallconfused:

It's not fire based it's called Elemental Evil Story line. Here a link.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?1846-Sasquatch-Studios-Will-Produce-ADVENTURER-s-HANDBOOK-and-PRINCES-OF-THE-APOCALYPSE-for-D-D-5E-in-2015!#.VFbw5_nF-s0

Chaosvii7
2014-11-02, 11:07 PM
It's also not really a rumor at this point, I'm fairly certain it's obvious given that WotC intended to "rebuild their 3rd party publisher community" with 5e and this has worked very well so far with Kobold Press. It was a good move to give the first splatbook to Sasquatch as well so they can generate a little bit of extra buzz and get even more hype for Sasquatch's own products.

Rezby
2014-11-03, 12:19 AM
Oh man spelljammer?? I'm so pumped for 5th edition's future now, if that holds true!

Envyus
2014-11-03, 12:23 AM
So far the main settings that have been teased are Fr, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Ebberon and Planescape.

CyberThread
2014-11-03, 12:27 AM
One thing am really hating is the, everything goes into an adventure path bit. Going to be hell of allot harder to convince a digital DM to allow something, if its part of that single adventure pack , instead of a rulebook.

Aldurin
2014-11-03, 01:12 AM
They'll add magical expansions to give mages more options while saying that they don't want to end up with another spell compendium. Then after several magical expansions they release a spell compendium.

Probably planes stuff.

Might be necromancy stuff, depending on how they feel in retrospect about Libris Mortis and Heroes of Horror.

Gamgee
2014-11-03, 02:13 AM
Total speculation here, but restoring the Great Wheel cosmology has me hopeful that we might get some Planescape material. I don't know if there's any reason to bring it back--and in the relative detail they have in the PHB--unless they plan on supporting it, unless it was just done to mollify us grognards.

There is some precedent. Since Torment Tides of Numenera was kickstarted as a spiritual sequel to Planescape Torment interest in planescape has been on the rise. I suspect.

Tiberius777
2014-11-11, 10:25 AM
I'm just speculating here, but I imagine at some point there will be a Legendary (Character) Guide. After reading through the Monster Manual and seeing the legendary creature abilities, I think they will make some options available "epic" campaigns. Maybe some like the Mythic book for Pathfinder. I'm sure there will many other offering before that becomes available, however.

Just a thought I had yesterday; what do you think?

mr_odd
2014-11-11, 11:00 AM
One thing am really hating is the, everything goes into an adventure path bit. Going to be hell of allot harder to convince a digital DM to allow something, if its part of that single adventure pack , instead of a rulebook.

You can look up interviews/announcements, but they said they will pair rulebooks with adventure paths. So we'll get a psionic adventure path paired with a psionic rulebook.

Morukai
2014-11-11, 11:00 AM
I'm just speculating here, but I imagine at some point there will be a Legendary (Character) Guide. After reading through the Monster Manual and seeing the legendary creature abilities, I think they will make some options available "epic" campaigns. Maybe some like the Mythic book for Pathfinder. I'm sure there will many other offering before that becomes available, however.

Just a thought I had yesterday; what do you think?

Feat: Legendary Persistence (requires epic level character)
When you cast a spell, make an attack, or otherwise cause a creature with Legendary Resistance to make a saving throw, that creature's Legendary Resistance does not apply. You may use this ability as many times as you have character levels/6 (rounded down). Your uses of this ability are restored when you complete a long rest.

silveralen
2014-11-11, 11:04 AM

I suspect this is intentional. Gives DM more latitude to say no without a player feeling he is being unfairly treated.