PDA

View Full Version : Help constructing a PrC...

Serenity
2007-03-21, 08:24 AM
I've got an idea for a PrC, but I've got no idea how to space out the abilities. The basic concept is a fanatic warrior attacking to the the death in a rage until either he or his enemies are dead.

So first off, I'm not sure whether it would be better to have him gain Rage on entering the class, which stacks with any Barbarian rage abilities, or require Rage to enter the class, and have him continue to gain Rage power boosts as if he was still taking Barbarian levels (a la Archmage and spellcasting, for example).

Then various abilities I'm sure I want to give him while in rage: Immunity to any effect that requires a Will save (could be broken up--first fear effects, then charm effects, etc.), Frightful Presence, Tenacity (continue fighting even after being reduced to negatives), maybe even some kind of damage reduction or fast healing.

All parceled up with a drawback that, while in a rage, he can't stop fighting until he or all enemies are dead.

Ideas, thoughts, comments?

Roderick_BR
2007-03-21, 09:03 AM
I guess you could use Frenzyed Berzerker for it. For the Frightening Presence get the feat Intimidating Rage, and for not dropping when bellow 0, there's the feat Diehard. I think these are all in the Complete Warrior.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-21, 10:13 AM
PrC Creation Tutorial (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10433). Give that a shot.

Serenity
2007-03-21, 11:17 AM
I thought of Frenzied Berserker as I posted this, but I was hoping I could design something that wouldn't turn on allies as well as enemies...

Serenity
2007-03-21, 11:25 PM
At any rate, where can I go to find the class features of a Frenzied Berserker? The more I think about it, the more I think that's probably what this is...

Fax Celestis
2007-03-22, 09:48 AM
It's in CWar.

Serenity
2007-03-22, 04:15 PM
Any way to see those online, by any chance?

Fax Celestis
2007-03-22, 04:49 PM
Unfortunately, not legally.