PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Massive dpr

LucianoAr
2014-11-02, 11:16 PM
i know theres a thread in the wizards forum, with a straight fighter, a barbarian and a paladin of vengeance

ive been playing a v paladin on my table with a gwf maul and the smite fueled damage is just off the charts compared to everyone else... EXCEPT the sneak attacking rogue who is also a powerhouse. ranger, sorcerer, bard and druid dont come even close.

what other classes have you guys played or seen at play who seem to be doing more damage than anyone else?

MaxWilson
2014-11-03, 01:37 PM
Sharpshooter Eldritch Knight.
Warlocks. I haven't seen a Sorc/Warlock in play but on paper they are off the charts for a pretty low cost.

Rummy
2014-11-04, 09:26 PM
Monk with levels in Warlock for Hex. Flurry of Blows and Hex rack up damage.

Easy_Lee
2014-11-06, 04:42 PM
Monk with levels in Warlock for Hex. Flurry of Blows and Hex rack up damage.

Similarly, a monk 8 / blade pact warlock 12 could nova pretty hard for 8 rounds per short rest. Unarmed strike + flurry = 4*(1d6+DEX+CHA+HEX).

IAmTehDave
2014-11-07, 02:42 PM
Similarly, a monk 8 / blade pact warlock 12 could nova pretty hard for 8 rounds per short rest. Unarmed strike + flurry = 4*(1d6+DEX+CHA+HEX).

I don't think you can make your unarmed strike your pact weapon, so it'd be more like (2*(1d8+DEX+HEX+CHA) + 2*(1d6+DEX+HEX)) since if your Monk damage isn't up to 1d8 you're better off 2-handing a staff.

But at this point your MADness isn't just showing, it's bursting at the seams...

Yagyujubei
2014-11-07, 05:59 PM
I don't think you can make your unarmed strike your pact weapon, so it'd be more like (2*(1d8+DEX+HEX+CHA) + 2*(1d6+DEX+HEX)) since if your Monk damage isn't up to 1d8 you're better off 2-handing a staff.

But at this point your MADness isn't just showing, it's bursting at the seams...

going so deep into warlock just for CHA dmg isn't worth the cost at all imho. just dipping for the hex and devils sight means that you can drop darkness for near invulnerability, and still rock 4d8+4d6+20 per round for every little cost and netting 52 dmg per turn on average.

also just for the record, you make your pact weapon a dagger and monk makes that count as an unarmed strike. still you would only get your CHA bonus to the first two attacks, which is 10 dmg and not worth the level curve if you ask me.