PDA

View Full Version : Multi class Help

Shadowolf73
2014-11-03, 11:17 AM
I'm looking to multi class Swordsage/Scout/Barbarian. But i want to map it out till at least lvl 10. My main role would be damage melee. I was thinking TWF style. Any help is appreciated.

A.A.King
2014-11-03, 11:31 AM
Which sources are allowed? Also, why do you want to combine these classes in particular?

Shadowolf73
2014-11-03, 11:36 AM
anything in 3rd edition and 3.5. Some for roleplay of the character.

A.A.King
2014-11-03, 12:12 PM
Well, I'd suggest something like

Scout 1 / Barbarian 1 / Sorcerer 3 / Unseen Seer 3-4 / Abjurant Champion 5 / Unseen Seer 6-7

When you enter Abjurant Champion depends on whether or not you use Fractional BaB

Be a Human with the Able Learner Feat. Trade away the Barbarian's Fast Movement for Pounce. The rest is up to you.

Elric VIII
2014-11-03, 12:21 PM
Well, the first thing to consider is the spirit lion totem (CChamp) barbarian variant for pounce. You're unlikely to need more than 1 level of barbarian unless you want improved trip without the int prerequisite (from wolf totem in UA). You can get 2/day additional rage with the Extra Rage feat each time you take it. Also, I recommend the whirling frenzy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm) variant which trades the Con and Will bonuses for an extra attack, +2 AC, and +2 Ref.

After that, you need to decide if you want to focus on scout or swordsage. Focusing scout will help your damage via skirmish with a dip into swordsage for some counters/boosts. Remember that non-initiator levels count as 1/2 and initiator level when determining where to add in swordsage. Otherwise you can take a few levels of scout (I'd say 5 so you can get access to improved skirmish) for some utility skills and focus on swordsage.

If you want a damage focus, I'd probably do something like this:

Wood Elf (+2 Str/Dex, -2 Con/Wis, MM 104) with a flaw or just make it a Human if multiclass penalties are in effect.

1) Barbarian 1: spirit lion totem, whirling frenzy, extra rage, run
2) Barbarian 1/Scout 1: -
3) Barbarian 1/Scout 1/Ranger 1: fleet of foot (C Warrior, turn up to 90° while charging)
4) Barbarian 1/Scout 2/Ranger 1: -
5) Barbarian 1/Scout 2/Ranger 1/Swordsage 1: Weapon Focus (bonus, only with a discipline weapon)
6) Barbarian 1/Scout 3/Ranger 1/Swordsage 1: Swift Hunter (C Scoundrel, stack ranger and scout levels, skirmish against immune favored enemies)
7) Barbarian 1/Scout 3/Ranger 2/Swordsage 1: TWF (bonus)
8) Barbarian 1/Scout 3/Ranger 3/Swordsage 1: Endurance (bonus)
9) Barbarian 1/Scout 3/Ranger 4/Swordsage 1: Improved Skirmish (C Scoundrel, +2d6 skirmish when you move 20ft)
10) Barbarian 1/Scout 3/Ranger 5/Swordsage 1: -

From here on I would either finish out ranger and maybe add in a level of swordsage to pick up some maneuvers.

On your swordsage level I would grab Step of the Wind so you can charge over difficult terrain, Sudden Leap so you can reposition as a swift action, Burning Blade for some more bonus damage, and Distracting Ember to help you hit stuff. You could also try out the Diamond Mind concentration counters, but keep in mind that you cannot use them while raging.

A.A.King
2014-11-03, 12:24 PM
... I can't believe I read "Swordsage" as "Sorcerer" -.-
Just ignore everything I said -.-

Shadowolf73
2014-11-03, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the build idea Elrik. It really helps me line up what i wanted to do. Alot of that stuff i had in mind. I also forgot to mention hes letting us take feat levels from Pathfinder. So i beleive that would give me more options into what i want to learn. I was also looking at tiger claw for swordsage. Any other ideas would be welcome