PDA

View Full Version : Cold War Kids: Yay or Nay?

LCR
2007-03-21, 10:56 AM
I've just seen "Hang me up to dry" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=LrrGKR8Xii4) on Youtube and I think it's quite good. Not that I've heard of them before, but I like the song.
So, what do you think?

Amotis
2007-03-21, 11:04 AM
May.

I like who they tour with kinda. But the band itself, meh. I hate it when indie rock has a recognizable sound, it's kinda pointless. Be different! Don't sound like a band before you...stop being an indie rock "style" and just be...indie...and rock...but don't sound like what we've known indie rock to sound like.

But yeah, one album, nothing special, maybe they'll get better. Iono. They are from cali though.

Wizzardman
2007-03-21, 01:09 PM
Meh. Not too bad, but its' not really my thing, so I'm gonna have to go with Nay. Sorry.

FdL
2007-03-21, 01:36 PM
Nay. Pretty unremarkable stuff. I don't know what else they can do, but this feels pretty generic and didn't catch my attention. Is this actually a hit??? (honestly asking)

Amotis
2007-03-21, 02:00 PM
It's their single...so yes? It's a pretty crappy single...but sometimes singles usually are. I think it's their "hit" too. "Hit" being something radios play, not what's hailed by critics.

Tor the Fallen
2007-03-21, 02:06 PM
May.

I like who they tour with kinda. But the band itself, meh. I hate it when indie rock has a recognizable sound, it's kinda pointless. Be different! Don't sound like a band before you...stop being an indie rock "style" and just be...indie...and rock...but don't sound like what we've known indie rock to sound like.

But yeah, one album, nothing special, maybe they'll get better. Iono. They are from cali though.

Indie?
That's a sound now?

Amotis
2007-03-21, 02:07 PM
Indie Rock. And it can be. Sad ain't it?

Ceska
2007-03-21, 02:16 PM
It's okay I suppose, but nothing I would hear in my free time, so... nay.

FdL
2007-03-21, 02:17 PM
Indie Rock. And it can be. Sad ain't it?

Yeah, that's usually happens when fresh air is needed in a scene. You know, when the rules are laid out and copycats start springing out. It's the natural evolution of any aesthetic movement, you know, from the earliest days of humanity.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-03-21, 02:40 PM
Snooze no, I'm really tired and this band isn't helping

uzi4u2
2007-03-21, 10:08 PM
Indie rock , house , hard dance , detroit house, minimal , deep ,funky, tribal , freestyle, vocal , epic,jpop, electro, acid , rave,latin ,jtek sooo many generes of music ....and yet ALL OF THEM can be put in no more then basicly 3-4 categories ... everybody is about "yay i'm making this "special music" "
everybody thinks his special because of the music he/she listens to ...well your not special , your just like everybody else .:redcloak:

P.S
I hate the bands you like ! :xykon:

FdL
2007-03-21, 11:45 PM
P.S
I hate the bands you like ! :xykon:

Who is this aimed at? :p

Amotis
2007-03-21, 11:47 PM
Roy. Roy totally likes the over serious art rock. Look at him. Totally into that stoner trance stuff.

LCR
2007-03-22, 02:37 AM
It's really not that bad. Maybe it's not too original, but I kind of like it, and isn't that the most important thing?

Druid
2007-03-22, 03:02 AM
I wouldn’t buy one of their CDs, but I wouldn’t change the station if they came on the radio. They’re all right but nothing special.

uzi4u2
2007-03-22, 09:14 AM
Who is this aimed at? :p

everybody :) it was a part of a "Red Vs Blue " vid ... if you dont know it your head will explode in 5 seconds ....
the name of the clip is "Real Life Vs internet" :smallredface: