PDA

View Full Version : Exercise The Deamons!!!

Grayson01
2014-11-04, 12:36 AM
Okay so I totally want them to come out with rules for possion and Exorcisms. Like proficiency Exorcism tools and a Exorcist background
Skill proff Investigation & Religion
Tools proff Exorcism Tools
Language Infernal

Feature: Exorcist of the Order
As a member of the order you can locate churches that house your order and they will give you lodging and restock your exercism tools for free.

I have (since 3.5) wanted to make a traveling Monk with whicker hat and quarter staff who travels around searching and exercising demons.

Does anyone else hope or think they should come up with rules for this?

mrgrgr
2014-11-04, 01:32 AM
I'm actually kind of sad that this isn't about daemonic aerobics classes

MReav
2014-11-04, 01:42 AM
First off, let me say that your title makes me think of the General of Gehenna doing this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMbiLJ2aZuY) Robot Chicken sketch.

We already know that Protection from Evil and Good grants advantage on any new saving throw against possession, but I'm not sure what the process is. Maybe something akin to the Skill Challenges of 4E.

FadeAssassin
2014-11-04, 01:59 AM
I'm pretty sure only ghosts possess people by RAW, and you have to make a CHA check to expel it, but I agree a Excorist Background would be Awesome, especially if you could put it in a world were demons can possess bodies.

P.S. You also may be able to use that ability to deal with a Intellect devourer.

Lord_Velysarn
2014-11-04, 02:12 AM
Okay so I totally want them to come out with rules for possion and Exorcisms. Like proficiency Exorcism tools and a Exorcist background
Language Infernal

As a member of the order you can locate churches that house your order and they will give you lodging and restock your exercism tools for free.

I have (since 3.5) wanted to make a traveling Monk with whicker hat and quarter staff who travels around searching and exercising demons.

I think you could tweak Acolyte to create a "real" exorcist type of background. Or, you could go with the charlatan or entertainer and hustle people by "exorcising" them with a deception or performance check!
Another option is to make a class archtype, but that sounds more rigid than you were looking for.

Negflar2099
2014-11-04, 04:49 AM
What about a series of religion checks. Each successful one removes one hit dice from the possessing demon and each failure removes one hit die from the exorcist. First to lose all hd loses.

Hytheter
2014-11-04, 04:58 AM
I'm actually kind of sad that this isn't about daemonic aerobics classes

"stetch those legs! yes, all five!"

rlc
2014-11-04, 06:01 AM
I think you could tweak Acolyte to create a "real" exorcist type of background. Or, you could go with the charlatan or entertainer and hustle people by "exorcising" them with a deception or performance check!
Another option is to make a class archtype, but that sounds more rigid than you were looking for.

Yeah, an acolyte variant would make sense and we already have variant background, so this isn't a stretch.

Grayson01
2014-11-04, 08:03 PM

I acctually thought about making twin Tieflings one with the Exorcist Background one with the Charlatan background.

I thought about Variant Acolyte, the Example was more an example of what could be a excorcist background of what I am thinking of, not a homebrew.

Yeah I would really like to see RAW ways Demons could posses beings. Could make for some fun RPing.

Ralanr
2014-11-04, 11:05 PM
Language Infernal

Sounds like you can have the background and work as a fake exorcist with all the benefits. That sounds awesome!

Cyan Wisp
2014-11-05, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you can have the background and work as a fake exorcist with all the benefits. That sounds awesome!

Plenty of people do this in the real world, so why not? :smallannoyed:

What about demons using Magic Jar or something? Would you see your concept being able to expel wizards and the like who are using this spell? There is a previous edition (3.5e) precedent for exorcism as a class ability (Spirit Shaman, Sacred Exorcist PRC, maybe more):

Exorcism (Su): As a full-round action, a [character with this ability] can force a possessing creature or spirit out of the body it inhabits (for example, a ghost with the malevolence ability). To exorcise a possessing creature, she makes a class level check (also adding her Charisma modifier, if any), against a DC of 10 + the possessing creature's HD + its Charisma modifier (if any). If her result equals or exceeds the DC, she succeeds in forcing the possessor from the body, with the normal results based on its method of possession. A spirit so exorcised cannot attempt to possess the same victim for 24 hours.

Shining Wrath
2014-11-05, 06:57 PM
I'd say that Fiends and Fey might posses, but the ritual / spell required to expel them might differ. Getting rid of a demon might actually be easier than getting rid of a fairy.

Brookshw
2014-11-05, 07:18 PM
First off, let me say that your title makes me think of the General of Gehenna doing this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMbiLJ2aZuY) Robot Chicken sketch.

We already know that Protection from Evil and Good grants advantage on any new saving throw against possession, but I'm not sure what the process is. Maybe something akin to the Skill Challenges of 4E.

hmmm, not enough "peel their face off before zod" for the general. Otherwise, nice reference!

Grayson01
2014-11-05, 09:05 PM
Plenty of people do this in the real world, so why not? :smallannoyed:

What about demons using Magic Jar or something? Would you see your concept being able to expel wizards and the like who are using this spell? There is a previous edition (3.5e) precedent for exorcism as a class ability (Spirit Shaman, Sacred Exorcist PRC, maybe more):

Exorcism (Su): As a full-round action, a [character with this ability] can force a possessing creature or spirit out of the body it inhabits (for example, a ghost with the malevolence ability). To exorcise a possessing creature, she makes a class level check (also adding her Charisma modifier, if any), against a DC of 10 + the possessing creature's HD + its Charisma modifier (if any). If her result equals or exceeds the DC, she succeeds in forcing the possessor from the body, with the normal results based on its method of possession. A spirit so exorcised cannot attempt to possess the same victim for 24 hours.

I was more thinking of it as a Tool check, proff Exorcism tools and some rules for checks and out comes vs Demons and such. But I think you idea of the other possessions makes sense and is pretty cool and should include them as well.

Does anyone know the twitter account name for the designers?