PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF] Need Help with a nine-tailed Kitsune idea!!!!!!

Drackstin
2014-11-04, 08:03 AM
After reading about the Kitsumes magic tail feat im really trying to find a way to make it work. I love the idea of a melee or ranged class that can cast spells but shouldn't be able too. i know if i just use the normal feats given i wouldn't get all the tails until 15, but there is a nice 3rd party alternate that lets you take them all with any bonus feat from classes, so i think a fighter build or something with some extra feats would work. kitsume also has a 10th level pounce feat, so maybe that can be tied in, it would set the tails back but its a good feat. any ideas are welcome, thank you.

Ethereal Gears
2014-11-04, 01:42 PM
Is 3pp a go?

If so:

Nine-Tailed Visionary (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/everyman-gaming-llc-1/nine-tailed-visionary-monk-kitsune)

Might be serviceable.

Drackstin
2014-11-04, 02:15 PM
i already talked about this in the OP, i want to stay away from 3pp, and this is a very bad class since it only gives you 6 tails at level 18.

Drackstin
2014-11-05, 02:30 PM
So i came up with a build i think might work. it's a mix of Bard (arcane duelist) and rogue (kitsune trickster)
bard1/rogue2/bard-
Feats:Realistic Likeness/1 and Magic tails for each feat there after.
rogue talent will be false friend.
I'm also thinking about taking the trait's transmuter of korada, and magic knack.

i think this should work well. the tails will give me a good bit of spells, and ill also have a very high bluff and diplomacy. around +38 at level 12. i would be ale to get the party threw just about anything. also being able to turn into any person i have seen thats human will come in handy. i can also make people believe they have met me of have never met me before. the jedi mind tricks are strong with this one.

Spore
2014-11-05, 05:00 PM
Go for a basic ninja if you want to maximize the gains from race and tail feats. The class can make good use of the Charisma boost and the additional spells and you can partially cover your lack of real combat feats by investing in Rogue Finesse and Combat Trick Rogue tricks.

Still get Invisibility trick though.

Feint's End
2014-11-05, 05:31 PM
Is 3pp a go?

If so:

Nine-Tailed Visionary (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/everyman-gaming-llc-1/nine-tailed-visionary-monk-kitsune)

Might be serviceable.

This is actually a really good archetype! Maybe it should make the slas wisdom dependant but otherwise great (not really needed though since a lot are buffs anyways).

I second the ninja otherwise. Make Charisma your highest stat too.

I once build a similar thing on a Kitsune Oracle and just picked Tails for every feat. Works quite well since Oracles are pretty feat independent (as a general support that is).

grarrrg
2014-11-06, 12:24 AM

this is a very bad class since it only gives you 6 tails at level 18.

I'm not much for 3rd party myself, but did you read closely?
"Whenever a kyuubi visionary would receive a monk bonus feat, he receives Magical Tail instead. A kyuubi visionary cannot select Magical Tail as a feat from character advancement during any level that he receives Magical Tail from his monk class levels."

Magical Tail basically counts as a Monk Feat. There is little stopping you from still taking it with your normal feats. The only thing that interferes is that you cannot take it as a Monk Feat AND as a Normal Feat at the SAME level.

I'm also confused on your stance on 3rd party

but there is a nice 3rd party alternate...

i already talked about this in the OP, i want to stay away from 3pp,
Your only mention of 3rd party in the opener was very much "in favor of".

Rickshaw
2014-11-06, 12:43 AM
I too have struggled with this. In order to have all the tails you basically need a non feat intensive class or one with bonus feats. Fighter gives you feats, and witch lets you be not very feat hungry. My personal favorite is a dex based brawler., with grabbing style and tieing up foes. You can dump int, and with the right traits you can get away with UMD with a decent cha, which lets you have more flexibility and with all the tails get some really killer social spells. Earth kitsune would probably work best for this build.

Drackstin
2014-11-06, 07:59 AM
I'm not much for 3rd party myself, but did you read closely?
"Whenever a kyuubi visionary would receive a monk bonus feat, he receives Magical Tail instead. A kyuubi visionary cannot select Magical Tail as a feat from character advancement during any level that he receives Magical Tail from his monk class levels."

Magical Tail basically counts as a Monk Feat. There is little stopping you from still taking it with your normal feats. The only thing that interferes is that you cannot take it as a Monk Feat AND as a Normal Feat at the SAME level.

I'm also confused on your stance on 3rd party

Your only mention of 3rd party in the opener was very much "in favor of".

oh i see i must have read that too fast, i thought it said you cant take magical tail from feats due to level advancement.

the only reason i don't want to use 3rd party is because i want to try and make it PFS legal. 3rd party is not legal.

but if i can use 3rd party i would just use the alternate feature that lets me pick magical tails for all bonus feats. its a feature that is built into that monk class, but it would let me get all the feats at 8th level if i was fighter, also be able to add too it, i could take monk2 and fighter 6 and still get all the tails, then go trickster rogue.

from all the subrace kitsune i do like water the most for this build, but the others have some good stuff.

but really i want it not 3rd party, but that might make it too weak for use.