PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Sunless Citadel; help me make a character!

Inevitability
2014-11-04, 12:00 PM
I'll be applying for a SC campaign soon. However, I'm at a loss as to what to play. So why not ask the Fair and Knowledgable folks at GitP?

-This won't be a long campaign. It'll probably last from level 1 until 3.
-Allowed books are Core, PHB2 and Unearthed Arcana at the very least. Other things may be allowed, but don't assume they do.
-Optimization level is quite low. Dwarven monks focused on grappling were seen as a viable option.
-As stated before, Sunless Citadel.
-Maximum of 2 traits and 1 flaw.
-25 point buy.
-Max starting wealth.
-No Evil unless you can show you are still a good (no pun intended) player.

Also note I'll still have to apply for the campaign. Anything that is likely to alarm a new DM (even if it isn't that strong) may be enough to not be chosen.

Inevitability
2014-11-04, 12:43 PM
Also, Monster Manual is allowed.

Nishant
2014-11-04, 12:49 PM
I'm no expert, but Human Barbarian Sounds good to me. It's low level, so spells haven't gotten to crazy yet, and most of your concerns can be solved with, 'I slash it with my greatsword.' Never used traits or flaws, but An extra feat never hurts. Just a start off idea

Galen
2014-11-04, 12:52 PM
Halfling or Gnome Druid with a Wolf or Riding Dog animal companion. Is unlikely to alarm any DM, but is in fact quite strong.

Human Fighter; get some kind of reach weapon (Guisarme), take Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Combat Reflexes. Get a Spiked Gauntlet for those annoying cases when someone get within 5' and you can't step back to attack them with a guisarme. If you can spare a flaw, be a Dwarf instead of human (+4 to opposed roll to avoid being tripped!)

ArchangelAzrael
2014-11-04, 01:32 PM
I second Barbarian.

Stats: str 16 dex 16 con 14 int 8 wis 8 cha 7

Race: human (or water orc/earth dwarf if optimizing)

Alternative class feature: Rage Variant: Whirling Frenzy and at lvl 2 Wolf Totem (for free improve trip)

Feats: Power Attack (don't bother with it its better at higher lvls but you need it for cleave), Cleave (its really good at lvl1) and if human Combat Reflexes or better yet if allowed Extra Rage

flaws:Murky-Eyed

traits:Detached, Plucky (perhaps... or don't pick)

equipment: Scale mail, Shield (at lvl 1 to 2 shield is viable as most monsters die on hit), Gauntlet, Morningstar, Longsword, Sling (with bullets) , Greatsword and Glaive. You have now an AC of 19 (and while raging 21) you have covered your bases for damage type to bypass DR you have a reach weapon and a two handed. and as a range weapon a sling (that does more damage than a longbow at lvl1). Th gauntlet is there in case you are disarmed or something. Buy with whats left from your gold holy water, alchemist fire and various adventuring gear.

Darrin
2014-11-04, 01:52 PM
I'll be applying for a SC campaign soon. However, I'm at a loss as to what to play.

Thogaturge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?195049).
"Sir Anklebiter", Goblin Paladin.
"Caveman Lawyer", Neanderthal Expert.