PDA

View Full Version : Detective inquisitor of Oghma.

Anium
2014-11-04, 01:39 PM
I'm building a detective going towards baldur's gate in a short adventure for this weekend and i'm looking for a build that specialices in investigation and roleplay. The background almost set in stone, Cloistered cleric3 of Oghma/church inquisitor 1. Domains, knowledge, mind, trickery and inquisition.
I'm still wondering about race(probably human)and feats. We are using spellpoints variant and some skills are gathered in pathfinder style. I want him to be a non combatant 32 point buy.
I'd like some tips about equipement, stats, feats and skillpoints.

I'll probably max religion, spread some knowledge, diplomacy, a bit of heal.

T.G. Oskar
2014-11-04, 05:16 PM
Stat-wise, Wisdom should obviously be high, but you should have some degree of Intelligence. It helps with the skills, but also with the bonus to Knowledge (early on) and probably Search, depending on if it's collapsed or not.

Skill-wise, you should have Search (for clues) and Gather Information (self-explanatory). Both will be hard to get as class skills, unless they're collapsed into Perception (or whatever the name your DM uses) and Diplomacy. Find ways to get them as class skills, since they'll help a lot on finding your suspect (and let you be a great scout). Also: ask your DM about the Knowledge (local) skill, as the Forgotten Realms requires you to distinguish the region you know about (otherwise, focus on local knowledge around the region where Baldur's Gate is located).

Feat-wise...if you don't have proficiency in the skills that comprise Perception (Listen and Spot) and these skills are collapsed with Search, Guerrilla Scout (Heroes of Battle) is a decent way to pull it off (if your DM rules that the feat allows you to get Perception). Otherwise, try not to get the skill-boosting feats (like Investigator) unless the game won't progress beyond 6th level, as the bonuses don't scale property.