PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Psionic: Adaptation to Prestige Class requirements

Drimoran
2014-11-04, 03:00 PM
Hi. I was wondering if you could help me on this issue.

I want to play the prestige class Sentinel of Bharrai (Book of exalted deeds. p. 69), and use the "+1 level of existing class" to a psionic class. Is that posible since it doesnt specify arcane nor divine nor anything?

In the case this is posible, can I change the requirements of the class from "Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks..." to "Skills: Knowledge (Psionics) 8 ranks , Psicraft 8 ranks..."

What I really want to know is if I can do this by RAW, or should I convice the DM to make a hoserule adaptation?

Thanks.

EisenKreutzer
2014-11-04, 03:13 PM
The Sentinel of Bharrai unfortunately specifies that it advances Spells per Day, and thus gives no benefit to a psionic character.

It is also not possible by RAW to substitute the skill requirements of PrC's, so that also does not work.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-11-04, 03:15 PM
By RAW you can't, if you check all prestige classes that advance Psion/Wilder manifesting state +1 manifesting level, so yeah you are SOL for that, so you should ask your DM if you want to use it.

Psyren
2014-11-04, 03:16 PM
Transparency does not extend to prestige classes. As for whether you can ask your DM to houserule it, you have nothing to lose - the worst case scenario is you hear "no" and you're right back where you started.

WhamBamSam
2014-11-05, 05:54 PM
The Magic Mantle says that you treat magic and psionics as identical, which arguably means you can progress ML and Powers Known with a casting PrC that doesn't specify Arcane or Divine casting. You still wouldn't gain PP, however, and this is generally regarded as quite cheesy.