PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pimp my Pseudo Dragon

Runeclaw
2014-11-04, 04:47 PM
Is there a way in 3.P to further improve my 'Improved Familiar' pseudo dragon? Ideally, I'd like to be able to add HD (and therefore Feats, Ability Score boosts, etc). I'm open to Feats, classes, etc.

Yogibear41
2014-11-04, 06:11 PM
Take Leadership and make it your cohort?

Runeclaw
2014-11-04, 06:50 PM
Take Leadership and make it your cohort?

I suppose that would work, wouldn't it. Although it probably couldn't then also be a familiar. Have to figure out which is really more advantageous.

deuxhero
2014-11-04, 07:10 PM
Any attachment to Pseudo Dragon? Dragon Familiar will give you a REAL dragon, while PF has Tidepool Dragon and Faerie Dragon as Improved Familiar options, both of which have low level Sorcerer spellcasting (so no UMD rolls for sorcerer spells, plus Tidepool has some good spells).

3.5 has a Arcane/Druid dual progression class Arcane Hierophant that lets you make your familiar your animal companion as well, but it gives an AC Familiar abilities (species restriction) not the other way. 3.5 has a large number of feats that give familiars templates. PF has the Evolved Familiar (gain a 1 EP summoner evolution) and Spirit's Gift (gain a Shaman spirit animal ability) feats

Raven777
2014-11-04, 08:39 PM
Polymorph Any Object it into an actual dragon?