PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Where can I find pfs rules/bans. Other questions inside

Desiani
2014-11-04, 06:44 PM
Title asks the main question. I can only find rules from 2012, not current when I google-fu.

I understand why master summoner was banned, but why exactly was synthesist banned? I have never played with one and I don't see why it would be any better then normal summoner.

My last question for now is in regards to Wild Caller Summoner. I have seen a few threads on the prize.com forums saying that it's banned in PFS, but I have seen other posts stating that it was never banned.

What's the official word on this? Why does it seem to that some people compare it to Synthesist?

Psyren
2014-11-04, 06:50 PM
You can always find the most current ban list here. (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources) Note the addition of ACGO, which was released hardcopy today.

Wild Caller and Synthesist are indeed banned. As for why, your best bet is to go to the PFS subforum over at paizo and see if there were any threads from DMs complaining or anything like that.

Prime32
2014-11-04, 07:05 PM
I understand why master summoner was banned, but why exactly was synthesist banned? I have never played with one and I don't see why it would be any better then normal summoner.Synthesist is weaker than regular summoner due to not getting two turns per round, but big numbers are scary. :smalltongue:

The official reason IIRC is that synthesist's rules are too confusing, causing games to come to a crawl as players keep submitting illegal character sheets.