PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Drider player race. Also includes half spider template.

Rfkannen
2014-11-04, 08:21 PM
I was thinking if it was possible to make a drider a balanced drider player race. So I tried to do so. How balanced do you think this is?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/071/b/1/untitled_v_2_by_zwillinge.jpg

Ability score increases. Your consitution score increases by 2, and either your dexterity or you streangth increaseby 1.

Age. You are an adult at like 100 and die at about 750

Alignment, Probably chaotic evil.

Size. Instead of legs you have a giant spider body, you are considered large

SPeed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet. You also have a climbing speed of 30l

Improved dark vision

light sensitivity

Fey ancectory

Trance

Fey ancectory

Languages. You are able to speak read, and write common, elvish, and undercommon.

Drow magic

Drider physiology. You are half spider. You have a 1d4 peircing damage bite attack. At level 12 this increases by 2d8 poison damage. You are able to climb on difficult surfaces without needing to make an ability check, this includes on walls. You ignore movement restrictions caused by webbing.

Drow upper body. For the purpose of weapons you are medium, also when you try to grapple people you are medium, when they try to grappy you, you are large.

An alternitive take would be that of the template. Which would make it so that any race could take the ritual and become a drider.

In that case the template would be

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/357/6/1/drider_by_pepion11-d6z31qf.jpg

Half spider. If you are smaller than large, your size increases by one catagory. You gain a climb speed of 30. You can ignore movement restriction caused by webbing, and don't have to make ability checks to climb on difficult surfaces withought makeing ability checks. You have a 1d4 bite. If you are a drow this increases by 2d8 poison.

small upper body. If your size increased when you took this template, for the purpose of weapons and when you try to grapple people, you are your original size.

Light sensitivity

I am thinking of makeing a spider like race latter, and this is mostly to figure out a base to work from.

Rfkannen
2014-11-10, 07:01 PM
Anyone have any ideas about them? What if they were tiny?

PrincessCupcake
2014-11-15, 12:22 AM
The only suggestion I have is the following:

Armor: a Drider must have armor specially made. These adjustments cost 1.5 times as much as ordinary armor.