PDA

View Full Version : Natural Weapons, and Multiple Attacks with them

Cyussu
2014-11-05, 11:17 AM
Hi, I'm having issues finding out how many attacks I would have using my natural weapons, as stated above. I've checked around the playground, and a couple other sites. But every search takes me to something that isn't relevant to what I'm trying to find.

Here's what I have: Half-Dragon Kenku with access to 2 1d4 Claws(Primary), and 1 1d6 Bite(Secondary)

Currently playing a High-Power Gestalt game, my current levels are Fighter7/Marshal7/Bard7 so I have BAB+7/+2. Does that mean I get 4 Claw Attacks at +7/+2 each and 1 Bite Attack at +2? or 4 Claw at +7/+2 each and 2 Bite Attacks at +2/-3?

Thank you for replies ahead of time. :)

Talya
2014-11-05, 11:26 AM
Hi, I'm having issues finding out how many attacks I would have using my natural weapons, as stated above. I've checked around the playground, and a couple other sites. But every search takes me to something that isn't relevant to what I'm trying to find.

Here's what I have: Half-Dragon Kenku with access to 2 1d4 Claws(Primary), and 1 1d6 Bite(Secondary)

Currently playing a High-Power Gestalt game, my current levels are Fighter7/Marshal7/Bard7 so I have BAB+7/+2. Does that mean I get 4 Claw Attacks at +7/+2 each and 1 Bite Attack at +2? or 4 Claw at +7/+2 each and 2 Bite Attacks at +2/-3?

Thank you for replies ahead of time. :)

No. Natural attacks do not get iterative attacks based on BAB. On a full attack action, you get to attack with all your primary attacks once at full BAB, and all your secondaries once at BAB -5. If you get hasted, you can choose any of those attacks to make a second time.

Rijan_Sai
2014-11-05, 11:37 AM
No. Natural attacks do not get iterative attacks based on BAB. On a full attack action, you get to attack with all your primary attacks once at full BAB, and all your secondaries once at BAB -5. If you get hasted, you can choose any of those attacks to make a second time.

^What she said.

To give you some numbers to go with it, using your numbers, you would have 2 claw attacks at +7 each and one bite at +2

Cyussu
2014-11-05, 11:37 AM

Thank you! Wasn't sure and guess that explains why I could not find anything on it.

Rebel7284
2014-11-05, 11:39 AM
There are feats like Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike that give you additional attacks with natural weapons.

Cyussu
2014-11-05, 11:48 AM
There are feats like Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike that give you additional attacks with natural weapons.

That +10 and +15, respectively, seems pretty high up for a feat that only gives +1 attack on a Pair of Natural weapons. Improved Repidstrike seems much more worthwhile so I might grab that at 15th level after Rapidstrike at 14th level. Thanks for the info.

Edit: With improved Rapid @ 15th Level(BAB+15 assumed), I would be able to go both Claws @ 15, then 4 more claw strikes at 10, 5, 0, and -5?

Talya
2014-11-05, 11:58 AM
That +10 and +15, respectively, seems pretty high up for a feat that only gives +1 attack on a Pair of Natural weapons. Improved Repidstrike seems much more worthwhile so I might grab that at 15th level after Rapidstrike at 14th level. Thanks for the info.

Edit: With improved Rapid @ 15th Level(BAB+15 assumed), I would be able to go both Claws @ 15, then 4 more claw strikes at 10, 5, 0, and -5?

Multiattack is also a worthwhile feat for someone relying on secondary natural attacks - it lowers the penalty from -5 to -2.

Cyussu
2014-11-05, 12:35 PM
Multiattack is also a worthwhile feat for someone relying on secondary natural attacks - it lowers the penalty from -5 to -2.

I knew about MultiAttack feat, which will be immensely helpful later on, especially since I'm pretty sure my DM plans on doing much in his power to deny me either my Bow itself, or being within Point-Blank Shot range. So having access to my Natural Weapons, while still having them still on par with the rest of the party, will be helpful 12th level onward.

So again, thank you :D

Darrin
2014-11-05, 01:24 PM
Note that there is a natural weapon that can make iterative attacks and still leave your arms free for claw attacks: Improved Unarmed Strike. If you don't have room for it in your build, there are several magic items that give you access to this feat: Bracers of Striking (1310 GP, Magic of Faerun), Ring of Might (4000 GP, Magic of Faerun), or Fanged Ring (10000 GP, Dragon Magic).

With Improved Unarmed Strike, your unarmed strike becomes your primary attack, and your claws/bite become secondary attacks. Your attack progression would look like:

+7 unarmed1/+2 unarmed2/+2 claw1/+2 claw2/+2 bite

Keld Denar and Solo wrote "Natural Weapons and You, a Mini-Guide (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10994.0)", which is probably worth a perusal.

Cyussu
2014-11-05, 01:43 PM
Note that there is a natural weapon that can make iterative attacks and still leave your arms free for claw attacks: Improved Unarmed Strike. If you don't have room for it in your build, there are several magic items that give you access to this feat: Bracers of Striking (1310 GP, Magic of Faerun), Ring of Might (4000 GP, Magic of Faerun), or Fanged Ring (10000 GP, Dragon Magic).

With Improved Unarmed Strike, your unarmed strike becomes your primary attack, and your claws/bite become secondary attacks. Your attack progression would look like:

+7 unarmed1/+2 unarmed2/+2 claw1/+2 claw2/+2 bite

Keld Denar and Solo wrote "Natural Weapons and You, a Mini-Guide (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10994.0)", which is probably worth a perusal.

With that noted, I could then take Multi-Attack to make them +5s instead of 2s correct? Doing 2 1d6 Unarmed Attacks at +7/+2 then 2 Claws and a Bite at +5/ea?

Darrin
2014-11-05, 02:36 PM
With that noted, I could then take Multi-Attack to make them +5s instead of 2s correct? Doing 2 1d6 Unarmed Attacks at +7/+2 then 2 Claws and a Bite at +5/ea?

Yep. There's also an Improved Multiattack in Savage Species that reduces the secondary attack penalty to zero.

Cyussu
2014-11-05, 04:17 PM
With all this noted, now I wanna make my bird jump at people like a Hunter from Left 4 Dead... ~_~;