PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help Building a Dungeon Crashing Bear Warrior

Roga
2014-11-05, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, I'm really torn on how to build this character. I want a character that explodes with ferocity and charges his foes with claw or fist and beats them into submission. I've looked at dungeon crasher/pugilist cross going into Warshaper 2 or 3 and Bear Warrior 5 (Refluffed to Wolf).

From a fluff perspective he's a Human cursed with the ferocity of a wolf demon. He's brutish and feral, but struggling to maintain a humane persona. His curse has left him extremely resilient and able to take on hybrid and beast forms. Mechanically he is a Hengeyokai Pugilist. I'm a little rusty on 3.5 and haven't built a Dungeon Crasher before. I'd love your guys input on what to add, and what to subtract. I don't want to break the game. I just want something fun and fitting with the flavor. Allowed books: WotC, Dragon, 3.X are all fine, no Pathfinder.

Core Info:
Race: Hengeyokai (Dog) refluffed to be a human werewolf type.

My ideas so far:
Classes:
Fighter 6 (Dungeon crasher 2 and 6.)
Warshaper 2 (To add to resilience, combat strength, and to add claws/bite for flavor to hybrid form)
Bear Warrior 5 (refluffed to be a huge wolf. I like the idea of his letting the big bad wolf out when he loses control.)
Barbarian (Either Lion spirit for pounce or Ape Totem for the climb speed for flavor) The idea of climbing walls in combat and tackling down on enemies is a flavor win.

Feats:
Shocktrooper, Knockback, Knockdown, Leap Attack, Jotunbrud for dungeon crashing synergy.
Hammer and Piton Style (redesigned for claws. Used to cling like a feral beast to opponents too big to grapple/bull rush.)

I'm looking to you all for help to bring this together into a cohesive concept that's fun, flavorful, and not game breaking. Any one played a Dungeon crasher/bear warrior with advice on tactics or builds? My game is really good about allowing for flavor refluffing.