PDA

View Full Version : Ode to the Last God of Man - Game

Pages : [1] 2

TwentyFold
2014-11-05, 05:26 PM
The day is a bleak gray, the sky bodes a storm, and the horizon bears the last of the blue sky that was held in the early day. As each of you approach the Precipice district, the many groups of merchants and citizens slowly become vacant. The houses on either side of the streets are mere shells of the once rich district, and soon the rushing waves fill your ears and echo against each of the towering buildings, as well as the smaller homes.
The day is the 3rd of Desnus, and each of you arrives to this deserted part of the great city of Absalom to answer the summons of the Inquisition of the Fallen.

Each of you please describe your arrival, either alone or with another character.

VinGoodman
2014-11-05, 06:04 PM
A young lady walks slowly through the generally vacant area. She tugs every so often at the scale mail, clean and polished and showing little wear. A dog hops and runs along, barking at her every so often as if to urge her faster. "Oh hush Copper. You try walking with a ton of metal draped about you." The mock scowl betrays a certain levity, despite her clear discomfort with the armor.

Hey Lupé, you want to be my friend and walk with me as we answer our calling together?

Prince Zahn
2014-11-06, 01:11 AM
@Melina: you got it!
Having just parted with a stranger, Lupé walks, holding her wild wolf by her side with a makeshift flowery bow-collar, which is odd given the wolf has a saddle on her back.
"Melina! Copper!" the curly haired halfling calls in excitement - thank goodness somebody she knows is here too."Greeting!"
She runs with her wolf in her hand, her creased invitation dangling in the other. a burgundy material runs along her cheeks and brow like tribal paint - supposedly it's part of her idea of dressing for the occasion.
"You come church too?" she inquires in her basic common tongue.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-06, 03:03 AM
Alise wanders the vacant streets, still a little wishy-washy on the deal in the letter. She spots a familiar face, however, and heads over waving her hand ecstatically, though more for the wolf than the woman. "Lupé! It's good to see you. It's not often you come into town, what gives?" A sly smile creeps across her face as she notices her friend's companion. "And hello to you, too, miss."

Prince Zahn
2014-11-06, 05:40 AM
"Alise?" Lupé looks about after hearing the young witch calling, with the help of her wolf, who looks to the right direction. Once Alise comes into sight she is met with a merry embrace.
"Good too see too! -What...gives?"
She gives not a second's thought before smiling and showing the invitation.
"Oh gift! Church gift me writings, Yommis Elf teacher me writings now. Yommis good writings teacher!" she seems to be really excited about this "Yommis" fellow as she opens up her invitation.
"'Ga...there.... Toh–Gather to- th-the choor-ché of tea fol....ling' see? I say writings! I gather to church, help church as thank gift you"

Eldon4
2014-11-06, 05:51 AM
Roparten

Roparten, a tall dark haired man, walks along the increasingly empty streets alone. He doesn't mind much as his thoughts travel their own paths looking at the buildings around him. Then he turns the corner from one empty onto another seemingly empty street, only to see before him a scarfed wolf being dragged by a running halfling woman. She seems be chasing after a woman and her dog. Roparten chuckles to himself at Lupe's antics, for he knows the Halfling from times spent traveling or exploring together. He figures that for these two to be headed this way down the deserted streets that they must be headed toward the church as well, so he continues his slow pace and plans to meet up with them once they reach their destination.

VinGoodman
2014-11-06, 11:01 AM
"Lupé!" Melina greets the halfling warmly as they meet up, and Copper barks at the pair enthusiastically. She smiles at Alise and introduces herself. "Any friend of Lupé is a friend of mine." Turning back to her friend, she exclaims, "What brings to into the city!" She listens and notes the similar invitation the halfling received. "You too? I..."

Suddenly she breaks off and looks over towards a tall dark-haired man. She grins as she turns to Lupé. "Psst, don't look now, but I think that man is looking at you."

Prince Zahn
2014-11-06, 03:51 PM
"man? Who man? Not see." Lupé shifts her gaze to no avail, he must be too far away. Not an uncommon matter with Lupés eyes.
@Roparten: How far away are you from us? Lupé is near-sighted and will likely not see you. Lemme know if you are within 30 feet, in which case I could make changes.

Smileybastard
2014-11-07, 03:23 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan walks slowly and cautiously. He was never one for paranoia, but the note was certainly cryptic in it's brevity and lack of reason or author. A tall dark man with bright green eyes who seems smaller than his actual size as he approaches the church trying to be unseen, bow in hand. What is the reason for the call and who called him? He didn't really suspect danger, but there was the air of excitement as the time finally approached. He stalked the empty streets and the church itself.

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

TwentyFold
2014-11-07, 04:09 AM
Arrisan
Noone seems to notice you as you creep along.
As you stealth through the alleyways, you spot a lone man in a cloak of gray lined with gold. He is holding a mace and seems to be preparing for something, and then you see a smaller man wearing dirty leather come up behind him with a dagger: What do you do? (they are both 6 squares from you, also, everyone else is hearing the start of what is going to happen, also the person yelling in the next part for everyone else is not assumed to be you.)

Lupe (i will figure out how to get the ' above it soon, sorry for misspelling it till then), Roparten, Alise, Melina
The crashing of distant waves is broken by someone yelling something. Make a Perception Check to Make out what is being said, or possibly more.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-07, 04:13 AM
"Nice to meet you, Melina." Alise looks over to the man the woman was pointing at and smirks, saying "You think he's too scared to talk to girls?"

Perception Check [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-11-07, 06:23 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan nocks an arrow and partly draws his bow and speaks loudly, "Don't make me kill you! Drop the dagger."

Eldon4
2014-11-07, 06:25 AM
Roparten

Roparten continues to move closer to the talking girls, though continues to say nothing himself until he gets close enough for Lupe to see him. "Hi Lupe, on your way to the church?"

Perception: [roll0]

VinGoodman
2014-11-07, 08:23 AM
Melina raises an eyebrow as she studies the approaching man, before leaning and whispering to her halfling friend. "Lupe, do you know this man?"

Perception [roll0]

In case you want Copper to start barking if he senses something going on:
Perception [roll1]

Prince Zahn
2014-11-07, 09:36 AM
I'm not bothered by it, DM - I'm usually on my phone or tablet so special characters come by easier.:smallsmile: supposedly you could copy and paste if you're on desktop, or maybe download a foreign keyboard? Whatever is most convenient I guess!
Perception:
Lupé - [roll0]
Caniña - [roll1]

Si- Know man: "Roparrten." she says once he comes into to sight, a distinct roll of her "rr" is quite noticeable. "Roparrten very come Lupé home —ROPARRTEN! GREETING!" she hollers in excitement from roughly twenty-five away, waving her hand. all of Lupés close friends are going with her."Si, Si - me come church too - Roparrten gather too church too?"

TwentyFold
2014-11-07, 12:25 PM
Everyone other than Arrisan:
In the distance, someone yells in a high pitched voice, "HELP, SOMEONE, STAY BACK!!!."
There is also several voices jeering.

The man in robes quickly looks at you, fear crossing his facial feature that he can see. He seems to have full attention to you, and the man with the dagger takes a glance at you, mutters something, then lunges at the Man in Robes. ROLL ME INITIATIVE!!

VinGoodman
2014-11-07, 12:41 PM
"C'mon! Something's wrong!" Melina shouts back as she races towards the commotion. As she does, she grunts against the tug of her scalemail, pulling at her every move. "Why, if you weren't a gift from Tallak..." she complains to no one in particular as she plods along.

Copper yelps and barks as he hops along, constantly having to stop to keep from running into his companion cleric.

Eldon4
2014-11-07, 04:19 PM
Roparten

"Sounds like multiple people," he calls back as he follows Melina pulling out his bow.

TwentyFold
2014-11-07, 04:28 PM
Please roll me a perception check as well. DC 14

Everyone Roll Initiative please.

VinGoodman
2014-11-07, 04:39 PM
If acting in surprise round: +2
Initiative: [roll0]

Eldon4
2014-11-07, 05:19 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-11-07, 06:57 PM
Arrisan

Initiative [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Prince Zahn
2014-11-08, 09:19 AM
[roll0]
"Need help." Lupé says under her breath. She pats Caniña by her side and gets on the saddle."Lupé say you city bad! Need help now!"
She signals the others (especially Melina) to hurry up, but quickly drops the cause and hurries to the source of the screaming by her wolf's guidance.

TwentyFold
2014-11-10, 02:00 AM
Drayen is currently mia, i will send him a PM to see if he is still with us, I cannot beleive i missed him not posting...:smallfrown:

TwentyFold
2014-11-10, 02:02 AM
As the man in robes is attacked, you hear behind you footsteps, and when you look there stand two burly, dirty, half-orcs, each with a club in their hands. "Welcome to the wrong neibhorhood, the toll to leave alive is everything you got," one of them calls.

Initiative:
Bandit Leader - 17
Lupe - 15
Skendar - (MIA)14
Alise - 12
Bandits - 10's
Arrisan - 9
Roparten - 8
Melina - 6

Everyone besides Arrisan:
You will all arrive on the 2nd round, unless one of you has a way to move up to 40ft per round, in which case arrive on round 1.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-10, 03:28 AM
Lupés riding a wolf with a 50 ft. Base land speed. . . Is that fast enough:smallsmile:?

TwentyFold
2014-11-10, 03:47 AM
Lupés riding a wolf with a 50 ft. Base land speed. . . Is that fast enough:smallsmile:?

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF FRIENDSHIP, and faster than my internet at 1 am. It will do. Arrive in the 1st Round.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-10, 05:48 AM
FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF FRIENDSHIP, and faster than my internet at 1 am. It will do. Arrive in the 1st Round.

Sweet!
Also, is that a reference I'm missing?

TwentyFold
2014-11-10, 10:21 AM
Sweet!
Also, is that a reference I'm missing?

Nah... o.- .

TwentyFold
2014-11-10, 05:30 PM
Round One Start:
Lupe arrives on the scene where she spots 4 men slowly surrounding a man in gray robes, each of them spouting random threats. Each of them has ruddy leather armor on, and various weapons such as clubs and shortswords. One of them, standing taller than the rest, points at you calling: "'ELLO LASS, YOU LOST?"

VinGoodman
2014-11-10, 06:02 PM
Melina looks at the wolf carrying Lupe onward past her easily, and looks back at Copper at her heels. "Now why can't you carry me like that? Hmm?" She wipes off the sweat from her forehead as she continues on toward the scene. Copper yelps a response, and continues jogging alongside the slow-plodding cleric.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-11, 05:30 AM
*Snarling*
"Siiii...." Lupé agreed with her wolf. "Si! Lupé lost! she said, following their voice until they came into sight. "me looking strong men prey on small game" she says in a low, almost seductive voice as she circled the tall one."O - where Lupé find...?
Reaching her hand out towards him from a short distance, it begins to glow an ivory light that propels forth towards his eyes.
Ranged touch attack from 15 feet away:
[roll0]
For [roll1] damage; DC 13 fort save for 1 round blindness.

Oops! Already find they! she said back to her playful self.
"Leave man alone! Leave now!" she shouts as Caniña exposes her fangs and snarls.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-11, 05:49 AM
Alise starts running, overtaking Melina by a bit, and watches Lupé fly by. She scowls a bit at what she hears ahead, noting only that this isn't going to be much fun.

Smileybastard
2014-11-11, 06:17 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan lets his arrow fly at the man with the dagger.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

TwentyFold
2014-11-11, 05:05 PM
Arrisan
Your Arrow slams into the bandit and he staggers, still standing, but now with the fletchings of an arrow the only thing visible where the arrow struck. He takes a glance at you before preparing to stagger away from your line of fire.

Lupe
The taller Bandit takes an AOO against you for the casual Circling [roll0], and then he staggers back as the moonbeam strikes him straight in the eyes.[roll1].
He seems unperturbed, abiet, a little fazed by the pain from the moon beam, but as he shakes it off, he glares at you yelling, " GET THE LITTLE RUNT!" One of the shorter bandits, a dwarf, looks over as he yells this, ready to move.
Canina's bite hits strikes him in retaliation, but he shakes her off. (He looks ecstatically pissed if i do say so myself) The other bandits look worried as they watch their leader get attacked.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-12, 01:59 AM
does this tall fellow have a reach weapon or something? Lupé wasn't circling from 5 ft. Away(15 ft more accurately) but still at a distance.
Not sure if I should be whining given the bloke missed. . . Reach weapons are a hard detail to miss, is all I'm saying.>_>

TwentyFold
2014-11-12, 03:08 AM
Oh crack, sorry about that, i just thought that because canina attacked you were up in his face... :smallfrown:

Prince Zahn
2014-11-12, 03:12 AM
no worries! You don't even have to make a new roll either, thankfully, because it doesn't seem like anything else happened:smallsmile:
Also, see OOC post - using CMD will save you a roll, thankfully.

Smileybastard
2014-11-12, 06:24 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan drops his bow and charges forward, drawing his longsword.

TwentyFold
2014-11-13, 12:30 PM
Arrisan
The bandits rush you too, each swinging their weapons with as much force as they can muster.
Bandit 2:[roll0] Bandit 4:[roll1]
Each miss and look furiously back at you, preparing to strike again.

End of Round 1
Top of the Initiative:
Bandit Leader
Lupe
Alise
Bandits
Arrisan
Roparten
Melina

TwentyFold
2014-11-13, 12:41 PM
Lupe
The leader stumbles up to you and swings wildly
[roll0] If hits: [roll1]
His Club falters mid swing, and as the Bandit Leader looks to lupe, he now watches with fear as Alise, Roparten, and (laggging behind) Melina, show up. Dropping his weapon he falls to his knees and Begs: "PLEASE, i-i, uh, p-please, i don' wanna die, m-mercy"
The other bandits watch this with mixed expressions of disgust and fear. A bandit farthest from the rest of the party starts to back away slowly.

VinGoodman
2014-11-13, 01:30 PM
Seeing the leader drop and beg for mercy, the cleric stops and bends over to catch her breath. Between gasps, she yells at the retreating bandits. "Stop! Don't make me chase after you!" Copper mingles his barks with her shout, earning a look from the sweat-drenched Melina. Once she catches her breath, Melina begins walking toward the scene, with Copper following close behind.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-13, 02:00 PM
Lupé holds her wolf by it's collar, barely stopping it from tearing the bandit leader limb from limb.
"Caniña good nose, find you anywhere." the wolfgirl proceeded to threaten, pointing her raging wolf in his direction.
"At home Caniña devour big chicken you lunch!" Lupé whispered gravely. "last chance walk away - do not running - running is wolf meat."

TwentyFold
2014-11-13, 04:33 PM
The Bandit leader understands the gist, but he still looks puzzled.

Meanwhile the bandit prepared to run gives a big snort, then takes careful aim, and throws his dagger at the Leader. To lupe's vision, the leader is on his knees, looking perturbed and scared still, then the tip of a dagger appears in his throat. The Leader falls face first upon the cobble, bleeding out, while the bandit who threw the knife gives a big hoot and runs as fast as he can away. Now before the party (besides Arrisan) is 2 bandits, each standing in shock, a man in gray robes who is leaning against a nearby wall, shaking, and a dying Bandit Leader before them.

Meanwhile, there is sounds of fighting nearby...

Arrisan
One of the bandits throws down his club as he looks behind you, back the way the other bandit (bandits?) was. While the other Bandit still attempts to fight you.

Smileybastard
2014-11-13, 11:07 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan swings at the attacking bandit and shifts his position.

Attacking the attacking bandit and 5 foot steps around him to avoid, as best he can, anything attacking from behind.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirmation[roll2]
Damage [roll3]

VinGoodman
2014-11-14, 10:28 AM
Melina continues to close in, giving up any idea of giving chase. As she does so, she readies her sling as she looks about her and tries to figure out where that fighting sound is coming from.

TwentyFold
2014-11-16, 07:30 PM
There is an alley cutting off just ahead, that seems to be where the fighting seems to be happening.

Arrisan
The bandit side is split open with the slash, and he falls to the ground, dead. Meanwhile there is sounds of approaching footsteps from where the bandit came from, where ahead there seems to be the bandit you shot earlier, staring dumbfounded at something.

Smileybastard
2014-11-16, 08:22 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan slips into the shadows and waits for what is coming.

Stealth [roll0]

VinGoodman
2014-11-18, 11:38 AM
"Gaah! Why do bad people always run away!" Melina rolls her eyes as she picks up the pace. She points to the other two bandits. "Don't you two think about going anywhere." She gives each a cold stare before approaching the man in the gray robes. "Are you ok? Can I help you?"

Fluff until our GM gives us some action orders. I will try to post daily (on weekdays, at least) from now on during the week, even if it's just a bit of fluff, to let you all know Melina is around. Hope that'll help keep this thread closer to the front. I can't believe how far back I had to go to find this thing. :smalltongue:

Prince Zahn
2014-11-18, 12:10 PM
"SHARP!" Lupé hisses angrily. "Man m-mercy Lupé decide - me decide! - Not m-mercy Sharp decide!" Lupé shouts, getting on her knees before the dying bandit. Not caring what others think when she expresses the injustice.
Yeah, I've been thinking about this for longer than it may seem. Could I try to remove the dagger?and Maybe... Oh, idk... save the bandit's life?

TwentyFold
2014-11-18, 12:24 PM
If you make me a heal check (DC: 15), you can remove it without killing him instantly, then you may make another heal check(DC 12 to Stop Bleeding) to see if you can stop the bleeding afterwords, or heal him as you remove the knife (DC for Heal Reduces to DC: 11), otherwise, still bleedin out.

Alrighty then.
The Bandits nod DC: 14 to see if they have intentions. Meanwhile the man in grey robes removes his hood.

He is human, with wavy locks of golden hair, his face is pale, sickly, and he shows no signs of being old enough for facial hair, besides minor hairs upon his chin. He looks to the party, still scared, and looks down at the hem of his robes before falling to his knees.

T-THANK YOU SO MUCH, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WOULD'VE H-HAPPENED, man my father is gonna kill me!

Then he raises his head quickly, a small hope on his face.

Wait, are you by chance the n-new recruits, the ones who received the message. The one that sent you to reach the inquisition?

Prince Zahn
2014-11-18, 12:33 PM
Alright, Gonna try to save the bandit's life, it would certainly fuel the story more seeing how this bandit react to the wolf girl saving him from certain death:smallsmile: the order will be stabilize-remove knife attempt-CLW:
Heal check!
[roll0]

"Lupé save man - Melina! Stranger! You help, yes?"
an Aid another could save the bandit, could help karmawise and he could help us in the future, we don't know but it's good story material, any takers?

VinGoodman
2014-11-18, 12:49 PM
Melina bends down to respond to the man on his knees, and turns to Lupe in response to her call. Her face pales at the sight of the fallen bandit. "Ooh, that is not good. One moment, please. This man needs a little help." She grasps the holy symbol, and draw forth a touch of Erastil as a burst of energy emits from the cleric.

Melina will do a channel, followed by aid another with her poor healing skills. Hope it's enough:

channel healing: [roll0].
heal check aid Lupe: [roll1]

Prince Zahn
2014-11-18, 01:06 PM
should have asked you to do the check for me, I guess... A halfling's aid another could have gotten us much farther:smalltongue:

TwentyFold
2014-11-18, 01:21 PM
As the knife slides out of the bandit leader's neck, the wound heals behind it, and the bandit's breathing comes more stable, though he still lays there, unconscious.

Congrats, the bandit leaders(?) alive, and, not really kicking a the moment. As for the sense motive, the bandits look to be preparing to make a break for it, and you sensed so well that you know they will make dust clouds in 2 rounds.

VinGoodman
2014-11-18, 01:29 PM
Melina looks up to the bandits with a glare. "If you're going to run, at least have the decency to see to your leader first. Hmm?" She takes a moment to make sure the leader is stable, before turning the reins over to the rest of the group.

She steps away from the group and tries to help the robed man onto his feet. "Did they hurt you, or take anything from you? Oh, yeah, the invitation. One moment." Melina fishes out the invitation, and tries to make sense of what exactly she is signed up for. Not making much headway on her own, she decides on the direct approach. "What am I signed up for here, exactly?"

Eldon4
2014-11-18, 02:54 PM
Roparten

As Roparten arrives on the scene, he just stares in confusion for a moment as he takes in Lupe saving a bandit?, Melina lecturing other bandits, and a kid in robe on his knees by Melina. After his initial shock Roparten will raise his bow and ask, "Are we letting them leave?" indicating the two standing bandits, "or should I keep an eye on them?"

Prince Zahn
2014-11-18, 03:01 PM
The wolf and halfling sit by the injured brigand. Lupé parts the bandit's hair, getting a better view of his face. Without turning her head to Roparten she deadpans."They leave if want, tell them again 'do not running - running is wolf meat.'"

If the bandits come into Lupé's sight, she will warn them thusly:
"you don't hurting man anymore. Lupé tell Caniña hunt you. " as she gestures her head toward her wild wolf.

Eldon4
2014-11-18, 03:29 PM
Roparten

"hehehe well you heard her, if you want to leave you can but do it slowly or you get hunted by the wolf."

TwentyFold
2014-11-18, 04:13 PM
The two bandits start to back off slowly, just as another bandit comes around a nearby alleyway, where the fighting sounds came from (the sounds just ended). He spots the party (especially the wolf), glances at the leader on the ground (in a pool of his recently drained blood) and gives a yelp before running away, down the alley everyone is in (where the traitorous bandit ran).

Meanwhile the young man in gray robes stands, looking at the invitation with wide eyes.

No, nothing is stolen... By the dying ember, that is perfect! What about the rest of you? May i see them, where is the other man who was invited, has he not joined you yet?

He at first, quickly looks around at the group, then at what you wear, and what you have, and then quickly looks around, spotting the bandit who is running away from the nearby side alley.

Hello?! Is a... uh.. wait a moment!

He calls out to the nearby alley, then rummages in his robes, and takes out a small sheet of parchment.

Arrisan? Is that you, or another bandit..

He then backs off a little from the alleyway, looking from the group, to the alley way, and back again.

Maybe one of you kind adventurers could take a peek?

He speaks meekly, and still eyes the alley just in case

Prince Zahn
2014-11-18, 04:21 PM
Having not moved from the ground yet, Lupé relies on her hearing at this time, having not yet put a face on the man who is their employer.
"Que?" she raises her head in light of discussion to find (the robed man/no one) in sight."No no, Lupé eyes no good!"
She hollers, unsure how far the others may be.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-18, 05:35 PM
Alise's fox familiar runs up beside Lupé and Caniña without fear and sniffs at the unconscious bandit, with her master just behind her. The witch calls out to her familiar as she jogs up, face deadly serious as she inspects the wound and the effects of the healing. "Careful now, Miss Scarlet, he wasn't exactly friendly when conscious..."

She remembers the others and makes a lopsided grin towards Lupé before saying "I'll make sure he lives; I was apprenticed to a hedge witch, after all."

Rolling Heal to try and figure out how bad off he is. [roll0]

I'll roll that in the OOC :smallsigh:

Smileybastard
2014-11-19, 06:18 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan steps from the shadows, "I am here and I am glad you are safe." He walks back and picks up his bow.

VinGoodman
2014-11-19, 12:06 PM
Melina gives a start as a man steps out of the shadows and answers. "You startled me! Were you there the whole time?" Seeing the man walk away to pick up his bow, Melina gives a mild "hrmph!" before returning her attention to the pale, sickly boy. "You don't look so good. Do you need help?" Then, stepping back, she takes on a big sister-like stance and lectures the boy. "Where are your manners? You haven't told us who you are, or what you, or your father rather, wants with us. Hmm?"

Then, flustered, she quickly breaks out of the stance. "Oh, by the way, I'm Melina."

Psst, Arrisan, I think your voice is supposed to be more reddish-brown.

TwentyFold
2014-11-19, 05:04 PM
After hearing Arrisans call back, and seeing him emerge from the shadows, he sighs and leans against the wall behind him. He then looks around a the rest of the party, and whoever is left of the rest, and starts to chuckle, and ends abruptly upon the torrent of berating from Melina, which he cowers against, stuttering an answer every now and then among the words, but getting cut off before he can correctly speak. Then as she calms and presents her name, he extends his hand toward her.

M-My, name is Kaide, Kaide Sateranis. And, uh, i do believe i require myself to present you with an explanation. But first, i, need to see each of your invites, to make sure you are the new recruits.

He then lifts his hands to the majority of the party, while looking back at Arrisan to see if he will present.

Sorry if his lettering is a little bright for reading, gonna change it up soon.

Smileybastard
2014-11-19, 07:57 PM
Arrisan

"I attacked the ... bandits as they approached Kaide here. When I noticed the rest of you approach, I hid to learn what I could as there did not seem to be a threat."

Prince Zahn
2014-11-21, 03:59 AM
"Invites...invites... Writings gift Lupé invites? Kaide Come church too?" Lupé inquires to the robed fellow, though her face points to nowhere in particular after she draws out her invitation.

Eldon4
2014-11-21, 05:22 AM
Roparten

He will merrily show Kaide his invitation, "There ya go."

Smileybastard
2014-11-21, 05:29 AM
Arrisan

Arrisand pulls his invite from his belt pouch as he walks towards the group. "If you invited us ..."

Batpope Scott
2014-11-21, 10:03 AM
Alise offers her own invitation, saying "This wasn't the most fun way to meet, you know."

VinGoodman
2014-11-21, 10:49 AM
Melina looks over at Alise. "Oh, I don't know. That was exciting, if nothing else, wouldn't you say?" She blows a strand of hair loose before her eyes as she turns back to the scene before her. "Hmm, a bunch of people with invitations, the son of the man who sent the invitations, and..." she gives the unconscious man a nudge with her foot before continuing. "This would be robber. Sure looks likes something's a'brewing."

Meanwhile, Copper the pup of a dog circles the fox, slightly crouched, and gives an eager bark in greeting.

Melina turns to Kaide and flashes a smile. "Oh, Copper doesn't have an invitation, but he's with me. I assume that's ok?"

TwentyFold
2014-11-21, 12:02 PM
He looks around at each invite, then at Copper.

I think he will be fine... was not told to not allow side companions.

He then looks down at the bandit leader, and waves his hand is a discarded way, with a slight amount of disgust on his face.

I guess just leave him or finish him off, not like he will survive if we leave him there, seeing as one of his men already attempted his life.

He then holds out his hand to you all.

Please hand me the invitations, i would like to check them, in case someone was given a wrong slip of paper, or it was forged in lies.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-21, 03:21 PM
Lupé hands in the invite, in case she hasn't already...Lupé looks down at the unconscious, barely alive man who only JUST threatened her life minutes ago... He seemed like a pitiful giant to begin with. Now, he seems pitiful in a completely different way. "We leave man... He with me now — Caniña too."

VinGoodman
2014-11-21, 03:53 PM
Melina looks over to the halfling on the wolf, a confused look on her face. "We leave him, AND he's with you? How's he going to do both?" The cleric concentrates, Erastil's symbol in hand, and waves of energy wash over everyone nearby. Then, she peeks over to the unconscious bandit on the ground...

Let's see if Erastil wants to wake this man up. -6, you say?

Channel 1: [roll0]
Channel 2: [roll1]

Lol. Looks like Erastil is on the fence about this man.

Eldon4
2014-11-21, 04:10 PM
Roparten

"I believe Lupe meant that we shouldn't leave the man because he is with her now, right?" he says, and then pocketing his invite continues, "Sorry Kaide, but I think I'll hold on to my invitation at least till we get to the church."

Smileybastard
2014-11-21, 07:46 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan hands Kaide his invitation. "He knew my name anyway."

He looks down at the bandit and then to Lupé. "Are you keeping him as a pet?"

Prince Zahn
2014-11-23, 08:14 AM
Lupé laughed. "man pet!" she smiled, hugging her wolf. "No. Man leave! Man with Lupé now."
She paused before reaching to the bandit leader and trying to pick him up with all her might."Lupé first gift man life. Him heal;me man gift."

Smileybastard
2014-11-23, 08:17 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan looks at Lupé blankly for a moment and then shrugs.

Batpope Scott
2014-11-23, 09:48 AM
Alise watches Melina's ministrations curiously, though she turns away to grin at Arrisan before slyly stating "You'll figure it out eventually."

Alise picks up Miss Scarlet and states, to no one in particular, "I can't really go without my pet, even were I willing. She's important to my magic." The fox looks up at her inquisitively to which she kisses it's nose and adds "And of course I wouldn't want to."

Smileybastard
2014-11-23, 11:04 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan smiles at Alise. "Not even going to try... But your pet I am fine with." He strokes Miss Scarlet's head.

VinGoodman
2014-11-23, 03:16 PM
Meilina grins at Alise in understanding as she helps Lupe with the bandit leader. "Careful there. He may not have quite fully come to yet. We need to at least get him somewhere where he can recover in peace." She turns to Kaide. "Well, what are you waiting for? We've shown you our invitations, haven't we? Let's get going."

And Arrisan and Roparte, are you really going to let the girls do all the work?

TwentyFold
2014-11-23, 04:18 PM
Kaide looks around at the group, with a worried face, then looks at Roparten.

N-Not all of you have, i mean, i would like to make sure you are really the person we have chosen, please sir...

Kaide extends his hand, its shaking slightly, but then Kaide straightens himself and the shaking stops, he looks more defiant now, though still a bit as though he doesn't want any trouble to occur.

This invitation is a direct request to help our cause, and we must assure that we are not going to reveal ourselves to a random pickpocket who stole,...

Takes out his list again.

Roparten's invitation.

VinGoodman
2014-11-23, 05:05 PM
Melina grins, impressed with the sudden show of defiance. "Fair enough." She leaves the bandit in Lupe's care, and takes a step closer to Kaide. "So tell me, what do you plan to do with this man? Show me your cause is worthy, by your treatment of him." Melina stares back at Kaide, meeting his defiance with her own.

Smileybastard
2014-11-23, 05:19 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan leans on his bow with a look of annoyance. "This man was here to kill Kaide so far as I can tell. If it was not for our arrival Kaide would likely be dead. I fail to see how he deserves an expenditure of our time or mercy."

Eldon4
2014-11-23, 05:49 PM
Roparten

"I suppose I go along I am looking forward to seeing what this is about," Roparten says as he takes his invitation back out and hands it over.

TwentyFold
2014-11-23, 06:30 PM
Thank you, and uh,...

Kaide takes the invitation, just as a grunt issues from the bandit leader. Looking down with a worried expression this again.

"what, what be the racket, eh?"

The bandit leader opens his eyes with a grimace, many of his teeth are missing or brown, and he has a sleepy expression on his face. Then he looks up at Lupe and his eyes go wide, then he attempts to scrabble away, and then lays back down panting, holding his head in apparent pain.

"WHAT YOU DOIN, GET AWAY FROM ME YA RUNT, WHO'RE YOU, WHERE BE BRAKEN AND TULK, GAH WHY DOES MY HEAD HURT SO MUCH!"

VinGoodman
2014-11-23, 09:46 PM
"Well, young man, glad you finally came to. You really should pick your friends better. I'll have you know it's one of your own that put you in such a pickle." She takes a quick look over his injury. "I'd avoid heavy exertions if I were you. If that wound opens back up, you'll be back on the ground in a snap. Those who find you may not be so nice as we are." She looks over those around her. "Some of us, anyways."

"Well Kaide, I think I am done here. Do you have any other objections, hmm? Or can we go now?"

TwentyFold
2014-11-23, 10:08 PM
Kaide looks down at the bandit with lesser worry than before (rather more disgust now). He then looks away from the maimed enemy and looks around at the party.

Let us be off, best not keep the High Inquisitors waiting, and not stay in case friends or enemies of his come around...

He then turns down the alley, and starts to walk away, with a slight hobble that you did not notice before in his movements.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-25, 02:00 PM
"Wait! Lupé save man - gift man m-mercy!" Lupé ran to the bandit momentarily before he left her sight forever. Caniña, however, did not.
"Lupé cure you - can man gift name?!"

TwentyFold
2014-11-25, 03:26 PM
The bandit looks extremely warry at Lupe before saying, in a slow voice.

"My name, um, is Yusslou, um, wait, ya cured me, ya wee Y'hal?"

The bandit, raises an eyebrow at you and then looks away at the rest of the departing party, then he leans up against a nearby wall and watches Lupe.

TwentyFold
2014-11-26, 02:44 AM
To assume all have started to follow Kaide, i will continue
(PZ if you want to keep roleplaying, go ahead and do spoilers with the title Bandit Leader)

Kaide takes you all directly to the edge of the district, the sun is slowly setting and the sky is becoming clear, the fallen part of the city is awash in many shadows which play tricks upon you all. Ahead the parts of the city that once stood tall, now are fallen into the ocean (Knowledge: History or Local for more details), he leads you to a tall building. It has several religious markings all along it, embeded into the sculpture (Knowledge: Religion or Local to understand) and the back half of the building is crumbled off of the edge of the precipice. Just when you think this cant be the building, Kaide walks up to it and gestures for you all to follow. Bellow your feet you can feel the ground is unstable, almost as though this part of the edge may fall soon. But compared to the rest of the edge, this seems to act as a peninsula, hanging out several yards from the rest to hold this building. As you approach you start to make out the strange doors, each with no handle, just a small slot for a key.

This cant be the place, can it?

Here!

Kaide gestures you all over to the door, and takes out a ring of keys, each strangely shaped and each with a symbol at the base. He picks out a large, conveluted one and fits it into the lock, turns, and opens.

Prologue End
Act 1: The Fallen's Last
(Will post tommorrow when i can)

Prince Zahn
2014-11-26, 03:35 AM
"ehh Si - Yusslou neck injure, Si? Lupé took out sharp." she told the truth as she drew the blood soaked knife previously lodged in the bandit leader's throat. "come."
She pointed the knife to a drying pool of crimson liquid.
"Yusslou need m-mercy, Lupé gift m-mercy, but sharp appear...um, neck injure Yusslou here. Not Lupé friends sharp; think Yusslou friends sharp Yusslou neck injure. Um... Yusslou safe with Lupé."
Lupé tries her best to explain the situation truthfully to the bandit leader, but does so whilst anxiously looking but avoiding direct eye contact.

VinGoodman
2014-11-26, 08:37 AM
Check 1: K:History (untrained) [roll0] (max 10)
CHeck 2: K:Religion [roll1]

Melina follows Kaide, with a somewhat subdued Copper trailing her. In thinking back to the encounter, Melina realizes she was a bit harsh on the poor kid, and resolves within herself to be nicer to their host. As they arrive at the place, Melina tries to say something nice about the place. "This place is...uh...must have quite a bit of history behind it." She fixes her stubborn bangs and looks to Kaide as he opens the door. "Have you and your father always lived here?"

TwentyFold
2014-11-27, 04:17 AM
Melina:
History: You suspect the Precipice District is named literally after this precipice before you.
Religion: Reminds you vaguely of a god.

Kaide looks back at Melina.

This old place? Plenty of History, especially since it was a great church once, my father used to be the Head Priest of the establishment, until the earthquake dropped a large portion of this once great district.

He then looks right into your eyes as you mention him and his father living there.

Here? In this Ruin? No, it wouldnt be a fit habitation for us all, especially since half of the roof is caved in and the back is gone. No, we live in here.

Kaide pushes on the door, and it opens to a large room, larger than what the church could even be, larger, and darker. The room is dimly lit by several crystal lanterns hanging from the walls out to an extent of a about 30 yards, before everything beyond is enveloped in darkness. Kaide stands aside to allow you all entrance.

Welcome, to the Inquisition of the Fallen's headquarters.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-27, 05:57 AM
I'm not in any rush, I'm ready and can RP with the bandit at your convenience. I got a little more in IC yesterday.
"church dark." Lupé hesitated. This darkness was not natural, but formed from artificial stone and was man-made. She was, however, able to see what is before her very dimly. She blinked a lot."Church much dark; Lupé hurt eyes."

Eldon4
2014-11-27, 08:25 AM
Roparten

"Your not the only one Lupe," Roparten says in a half whisper so as not to disturb anything, "this darkness is... not quite right."

VinGoodman
2014-11-27, 12:09 PM
Melina squints as she tries to pierce the darkness beyond with her gaze, to no avail. "This place needs more light, methinks." She instinctively takes a step closer to Kaide, waiting for him to lead them to...somewhere. She whispers to him, "So, what exactly does the Inquisition of the Fallen do?" Copper scampers a little closer to the pair, and she reaches down to pick him up as she waits on Kaide.

Smileybastard
2014-11-27, 09:09 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan follows silently taking in all the details.

TwentyFold
2014-11-27, 09:54 PM
Gonna do some Bandit Leader Talking later, don't you worry.

Kaide looks at lupe and Roparten, with a slight smile on his face.

The path illuminates itself as you walk, do not worry about anything.

Kaide waits by the door, ushering you all in, then in response to Melina's question he looks down.

We do many things Melina, many things that benefit the world itself, and all those in it. Please hurry, we cant have bandits learning of this place.

He ushers you all in, scanning the nearby buildings.

As each of you enters you feel some kind of pull while crossing the threshold, its slight, but you can see loose items and clothing you wear being pulled towards the darkness, then as you fully enter, it ends. (DC:22 Knowledge Arcana or Spellcraft) As soon as you enter though, the lanterns grow brighter, and more lanterns illuminate along the room, but only weakly.

TwentyFold
2014-11-28, 05:49 PM
"Wher' ya get that," says Yusslou as he reaches for the knife.

"Wha' ya be sayin? Mah friends did some'at about this, i mean, it is Kragulra's knife, but you sayin that is what got me? Wait... No, he didnt really mean all tha' did he?"

Yusslou starts to scratch what little beard he is growing, and then slams a fist into the nearby wall.

"I'll get em', he'll be gone by the sunset."

Yusslou stops scratching his beard and now reaches for his sword, drawing it, then starting to prop himself up.

VinGoodman
2014-11-28, 06:09 PM
Melina looks about in wonder as Kaide ushers the motley lot in. "Are the bandits after you or your Inquisition for some reason?" At Kaide's explanation, Melina grins at the boy. "Glad we're signed up to help the good guys. Hope you're not asking the world of me, though. I may not be able to deliver." Copper gives out a muted bark, in concert with the cleric's words.

Prince Zahn
2014-11-29, 08:45 AM
Lupé yelped sharply from the pull towards the shadows. It alarmed her greatly, indulging an already present fear of the umbra. she held her wolf tight for protection. "church bad...Where...where what me here?"
may I ask - is Yusslou speaking in some kind of an accent, speech impediment, or combination? I'm asking because I'd like to envision it.
"No, Yusslou need more rest cure, Yusslou more think, Yusslou more friends." Lupé approaches the bandit cautiously while he has a sword drawn.
"listen, Me sorry Yusslou injure, but Lupé no save Yusslou neck injure to Yusslou neck injure again." Lupé speaks bluntly with her hands, and asks the bandit to lower his blade, in hopes of consent. If he does so she takes his other hand, if he demands his distance, she does not insist.

Lupé's heart pounds, it had been a long time since she was this close to a breathing creature who threatened at her life.
"Yusslou... Injure bad. Much bad. Rest in in, gift more think. Maybe, if Yusslou ask good, Lupé friends help Yusslou?"Yusslou:smalltongue:

Smileybastard
2014-11-29, 07:52 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan grips his bow a bit tighter and scans the church. "The church is bad? What do you mean?"

Perception [roll0]

VinGoodman
2014-11-30, 09:58 PM
"Who said they're the bad guys?" Melina looks over the group. "Didn't you hear Kaide just said they did many things to benefit the world? We could at least give them a hearing and see what they're about, don't you think, hmm?"

Just in case he's lying to Melina:

Sense Motive [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-11-30, 10:12 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan nods towards Melina. "I'm with you. I just want to know what she is going on about." He gestures towards Lupé. "I don't know why she is saying that.

Eldon4
2014-11-30, 11:51 PM
Roparten

Roparten remains quiet, but his inclination is to trust Lupe's assassment.

Prince Zahn
2014-12-01, 12:13 AM
Lupé responds to Arrisan's gesturing with a nervous groan as she shakes her head violently. Lupé does not stop to think that It is strange behavior, even coming from her.
seriously, Lupé? What kind of full grown halfling is STILL afraid of the dark!?:smalltongue:

TwentyFold
2014-12-01, 12:49 PM
Yusslou curses, then leans back again.

"M'ebe your right, but i canno' sit here and le' that fool spread word of my demise, i must do somethin'"

Yusslou looks at the departing crowd, and scowls.

"Nah, jus' need to call on different friends o' mine"

He takes a small stick out of his pocket, and raises it above his head as though to throw it, pausing a moment to look tiredly at Lupe.

"Ya better leave ya Y'hal, these friends aint that understandin'"

He slams the tip of the rod, and a thin green smoke starts to pour from it, and it rises quickly (DC: Knowledge: Engineering to discern item)

"Thank ye' though, for savin' my life and whatno'...."

Yusslou starts to sound more faded, and as he ends that sentence, he falls unconcious again. It seems his actions have put too much on him.

Prince Zahn
2014-12-01, 01:52 PM
as the bandit leader stays stubborn until the moment he passes out, lupé smiles, hoping he would one day get the chance to return the favor. "me understand."
She bends down to her knee beside the unconscious Bandit, digs into her pouch full of mystical herbs and knickknacks to draw a clay vial. She dips two fingers into a unique Halfling balm (she and Yommis prepared it earlier from crushing leaves of local flora and water.) And she gently and swiftly runs said fingers across his hand, leaving two burgundy-colored steaks horizontally crossing his weapon-welding palm.
Ever heard of Henna, Twenty?:smallsmile: that should stay on his hand for quite a while, this stuff doesn't wash off!:smalltongue: the pattern SHOULD resemble the marks on her face.
"Yusslou cute. Lupé Yusslou gift good luck." the wolf girl whistles to her companion to come, saddles her wolf, and rides swiftly to catch the others, counting on Caniña to find the pack she belongs with.

VinGoodman
2014-12-02, 01:15 PM
Melina tugs at the collar of her scale mail to relieve some of the chafing, and sets Copper back down on the ground. Copper barks a lone bark in protest, and cowers as a slight echo of his bark answers back.

Batpope Scott
2014-12-02, 03:47 PM
Alise stays quiet for much of the walk, listening with a halfway-there gaze at the floor. When Arrisan questions Lupé's outburst, however, she quietly notes "It's not always about the people. She could be referring to the church itself; I can't say I like it here, either."

She pauses before adding "And you shouldn't trust that someone is doing good just because they think they are." She notices her own serious tone and stirs from her thoughts enough to smile and happily quip "That's why I'm glad he seems alright. We should get a move on, though, right?"

Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]

Spellcraft [roll1]

EDIT: A... pair? A pair of natural 1's?

TwentyFold
2014-12-02, 04:12 PM
Alise

From what you can tell, the change might be magical, but it is hard to tell.

Meanwhile:

As everyone enters, Kaide takes another look around outside before turning back to the party, with a slight, uneasy smile. Then he speaks quietly

Good Luck...

Then he slams the door closed from the outside, and instantly all noise is lost, all the crashing waves, all the wind, all the sound from the outside of the church. And before you is the long hallway, which starts to illuminate itself more brightly to an extent of leaving the walls a blue glow.

Down the Hallway there is an archway, with no door, and beyond is darkness. (Perception check: DC: 20 to see anything beyond.)
(All those with darkvision can see clearly through the darkness, and both Caninia, Copper, and Miss Scarlet can all slightly see through the darkness, but not very well.)

Now you are within a strange structure, the walls made of dark stone, the only source of light blue lights upon the wall, and before you is a long hallway ending in an archway, what do you do?

VinGoodman
2014-12-02, 05:12 PM
"Wait! What?" Melina yells at Kaide as the door slams shut. She pounds the door in frustration as she mutters. "I knew we couldn't trust that guy." The cleric clears her bangs from her eyes as she peers into the darkness. Frowning in frustration, she fumbles out a sling stone, casts light upon it, and tosses it into the darkness beyond the archway and into the darkness.

Perception [roll0]

TwentyFold
2014-12-02, 05:25 PM
As the Lit stone flies down the corridor, the lanterns on the walls get brighter as though welcoming it as it passes. Also, an odd anomaly occurs, the light from the stone shimmers as it flies, and warps, until it lands through the archway ahead, where it illuminates a room, and what seems to be torches light up there. There the walls are the same, and a wall stands ahead about 8 feet from the archway. There seem to be 2 other hallways ahead branching to the left and right from just that, but it isn't that easy to see from here.

(Kno. Arcana, or Spellcraft to Tell the Anomaly)

Batpope Scott
2014-12-02, 05:51 PM
Alise watches curiously as the light shimmers, muttering the words to a cantrip she'd learned a while ago. "I think there might be some form of trap. I'll try and identify the magic here. Hold on for a few moments while I focus."

Using Detect Magic, hopefully to identify the magics going on in the center of the room.

[roll0] Knowledge Arcana

...Again?

TwentyFold
2014-12-02, 08:29 PM
Within your first few seconds of focus you can definitely tell there is magic here, but the exact strength and possible number of magical anomalies is hard to discern. To best guess, this magic is not harmful, at least not at first glance, and it has no source. The strangest part of it though is that it seems to go back and forth, and with a slight pattern to it, but its hard to make out. Overall though, Melina, using her collection of guess' can possibly say that this is not meant to harm, but rather to move. No school is presently identifiable.

Smileybastard
2014-12-02, 10:09 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan nods at Alise. "I was not suggesting it was anything of that we should not trust anyone. I just want to assess the threat by learning what it is based on."

Batpope Scott
2014-12-02, 10:44 PM
Alise features a prominent pout as she stares at the center of the room. "I can't tell if it's hazardous or not. Definitely magic, but my familiar could have told you that. Ow!" The fox in her arms nips at her fingers and wriggles to the floor. "Sorry, out of line."

She turns to Arrisan and smiles while kissing her wounded finger. "I didn't assume you're dumb, just stating how I was looking at things. Objectively, that is." The witch looks forward and states "If we can't get out the way we came, we could try going forward. I... honestly don't know how bad this is, but it appears to be moving and shifting. One could field a guess that it's not going to explode."

Eldon4
2014-12-02, 11:57 PM
Roparten

Roparten isn't all that surprised at the closing of the door because he was wary from the beginning and the creepy church didn't help. He is intrigued by the shimmer of the stone, and patiently waits for the explanation of what caused it. Slide doesn't seem to give much explanation but at least thinks it won't explode, which is enough for him. "Well I suppose if that's all we know, then it's time to just try it." That said he doesn't want to just walk forward without giving the others a chance to react.

Smileybastard
2014-12-03, 12:15 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan focused on the mundane. He ignores the light show and keeps his eyes open for anything that might be a threat.

Perception [roll0]

VinGoodman
2014-12-03, 12:53 AM
Melina considers Alise's observations coupled with what she saw with the lit sling bullet. She turns and gives the door one last kick, to make certain Kaide isn't just going to open it back up from the other side. "Well, there is clearly something beyond my understanding going on here, and standing about sure won't make things any clearer to me. Kaide doesn't look like he's about to open the door back up for us anytime soon, either. Come on, Copper, let's go see what this room is about." Copper shuffles along uncertainly by Melina's heels as she begins to head down the hallway.

Prince Zahn
2014-12-03, 01:07 AM
With the darkness lifted from the room, Lupé calmed down within moments of her regular vision returning to her. She looked around and approached Roparten, and asked without words to hold his hand through the umbra.
Caniña snarled in Arrisan's direction, but was quickly shushed by her master.

Eldon4
2014-12-03, 02:38 AM
Roparten

Roparten wordlessly holds Lupe's hand as they follow Melina down the hallway.

Batpope Scott
2014-12-03, 03:29 AM
Alise bends down to her familiar and asks "Can I?" before picking the fox up again. "Such a picky girl you are, Scarlet..."

Alise follows along with the group, giving an arch grin at Arrisan before asking "Coming along? I'm sure we'd appreciate your company." She bounces the fox in her arms to emphasize the 'we', but turns about-face to continue walking.

VinGoodman
2014-12-05, 02:35 AM
Melina pauses as she realizes not everyone has followed in her steps. "Are you coming with us?" She looks back at Arrisan and gestures for him to join them, before resuming her trek into the unknown.

Smileybastard
2014-12-05, 11:24 AM
Arrisan

Artisan nods and moves forward. He slings his bow and pulls out his weapons. "I was just looking for dangers"

TwentyFold
2014-12-05, 12:34 PM
As you enter the anomaly, heat and chill collide, the walls change, and lanterns flicker between different colors. One moment the walls are a light sandstone, with red lanterns glowing on the walls, next the walls become a rough hewn stone with normal torches burning on the walls. Sometimes the hallway will be completely dark, then it quickly switches to a brightly lit hallway. Ahead the archway changes style and shape, and a door appears there in some versions of the hallway. Sometimes, if you look quickly enough, you can spot the bright stone lighting up the room beyond, only to be replaced with another hallway, another archway, and another door beyond. No pain comes from the shifting rooms, but it is Nauseating (DC 13 Fortitude Check to Avoid) and smells seem to change as well. Slowly, as you get nearer and nearer to the archway, the changes start to slow down, and about 5 feet from the archway, everything stops, and you are all left in a long hallway with dark stone walls, intricate lanterns hanging from the ceiling, and before you is a door, which is made of well carved mahogany wood.

There is a handle, shaped in the form of a star, and no key hole, under the door a slight light creeps out, and ahead there are sounds of crackling fires. Back the way you came is a stone wall where the previous door might be. What do each of you do?

Prince Zahn
2014-12-05, 02:04 PM
[roll0]:smalltongue: seriously this dungeon is far out!
It's kinda surreal but I imagine we will find our why soon enough:smallsmile:
Lupé traces the shape of the door handle in the air with her fingers.
"door good;star door pretty." she does not open the door, but does marvel at the unique shape and spaces out.

VinGoodman
2014-12-05, 03:31 PM
Melina Reinfall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=52772)
Human Cleric 1 LG
Conditions: Nauseated

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5
Perc +4, Init +2 (+4 if able to act in surprise round)

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (3/5)
Spells:
0 - detect magic, guidance, light
1 - protection from evil(D), bless, divine favor

(R) Sling: +2 | 1d4+2 | x2 (50')
(M) [b]Morningstar: +2 | 1d8+2 | x2
(M) [b]Dagger: +2 | 1d4+2 | 19-20/x2 [PS] (10')

Sling Bullets (10)

In hand: buckler(equipped)

Fortitude: [roll0]

"Ooh, I don't feel so good." Melina frowns as she slows and leans forward, swaying slightly as she does. Copper barks sympathetically beside her, trying to offer a small voice of comfort.

Eldon4
2014-12-05, 05:13 PM
fort save: [roll0]

Batpope Scott
2014-12-05, 06:07 PM
[roll0] Fort save

Well! It seems Alise has really awful luck.

Alise closes her eyes and buries her face in Miss Scarlet's fur to get the spinning out of her head. She mimics Melina's groaning, standing completely still as she says "That... wasn't fun at all..."

Prince Zahn
2014-12-06, 04:38 PM
Getting her awareness pop back to reality, Lupê turns towards the two queazy ladies groaning behind her. She is unsure whether to smirk of frown.
"Melina, Alise, eat do not much albahaca (http://ramonasbasilgarden.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Albahaca-Abundante.jpg), Si?"

Smileybastard
2014-12-06, 06:11 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan's head twitches from side to side all reality distorts around him. His knuckles turn white griping his weapons. He exhails slows and relaxes as best he can.

He stops moving, his senses overwhelming him. He throws up.

Fort save [roll0]

Batpope Scott
2014-12-07, 04:06 AM
Alise tries to jump back from the hurling man but the sudden movement makes her stomach do flips. She falls to her knees and her accusatory tone rings out as a meek and pathetic whine "Couldn't you hold it? Now I'm gonna get like that, too!"

She shoots a teary-eye glare at Lupe but her retort inventory is sadly empty. Failing a comment, she sticks her tongue out at the girl.

VinGoodman
2014-12-07, 05:08 AM
Human Cleric 1 LG

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (3/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (10)

Arrisan's response to the sensation brings Melina to a stop as she quickly looks away. Alas, it is too late, and Melina throws up as well. Copper manages to duck away at the last moment, suffering only slight splash damage and great indignation from the splatter.

VinGoodman
2014-12-08, 01:00 PM
Once Melina shakes off the ill feeling, she straightens her outfit and looks at the door. "Well, let's find out what this man wants with us." The cleric knocks, and tries to open the door.

Smileybastard
2014-12-08, 07:43 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan shakes his head one last time. The nausea gone he looked at the door as Melina goes to open it. "I am guessing we have moved somewhere or where we are has been changed. Anyone have any insight into what happened."

Batpope Scott
2014-12-08, 09:03 PM
Alise stands from her pitiful kneeling, brushing dust off her robes. That wasn't pleasant.

She smiles weakly and states "It would be speculation at this point, so we may as well move forward and find out for ourselves."

Eldon4
2014-12-09, 04:46 PM
Roparten

Roparten will glance down to Lupe, while still holding her hand, and move to follow the others. "Whatever happened, It was at an interesting experience, right?"

Prince Zahn
2014-12-10, 01:05 AM
Lupé thinks for a moment of something smart to say.
"Hmm... Experience writings much interesting, Roparrten; Si." she nods.
Glancing towards the three, motion-sick individuals. She whispers to Roparten."Can Alise Melina Arreesan are illness umm... good, now?"

Eldon4
2014-12-10, 04:48 AM
Roparten

Roparten nods at lupe's wise words, then answers, "good now, yes."

TwentyFold
2014-12-10, 12:42 PM
Behind the door is a large room, around 60 sq ft, this room has Gray stone walls with similar lanterns to the ones in the hall before. There is 1 door directly across from you, 2 doors on each wall to the left and right walls each placed in the middle of the walls and nearer the far wall. There are tables stacked neatly up against the walls on the right and left as well, each with chairs rowed in front of them. The floor is spotless, and seems to be made of marble that is clear, showing a mosaic underneath depicting a man flying and gesturing as the island below him erupts in towers and monuments (DC 15: Know. History/Religion/Local). The room is completely empty, and every step you take resounds throuout the room and a dome shaped ceiling above.

What attracts the utmost attention though, is a pedastle in the middle of the room with a small roll of parchment upon it with a seal of Golden Wax holding it closed.

VinGoodman
2014-12-10, 06:01 PM
Human Cleric 1 LG

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (3/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (10)

K(Religion) [roll0]
Melina surveys the room as she ponders where her sling bullet went. The cleric frowns as no one who could be Kaide's father is anywhere within sight. She heads to the pedestal and reaches for the parchment. As she walks, the rhythmic echo resonates sweetly against the lighter pitter-patter of the small dog shuffling at her heels.

TwentyFold
2014-12-10, 06:43 PM
As Melina makes a grab for the Bullet, she notices it isn't there, nor anywhere nearby.

Sorry, forgot to mention that there is no bullet at your feet.

Prince Zahn
2014-12-11, 06:20 AM
1d20+nope
1d20+Nuh-uh
1d20+Try again
so... 60 feet, huh?:smalltongue:
Lupé lets go of Roparten to examine the walls, she remains quiet, looking closer at the eerie lanterns.
Suddenly, she whispers swiftly and repetitively in what sounds like a nonsensical mix of common, elvish, and something else; an occasional roll or click of the tongue garnishes it as her eyes appear to faintly glow silver. She then looks across the room for anything her allies might take interest in.
Detect Magic. Is there anything worth noting in this room, or above it? Or the image? How about one of the doors?

Smileybastard
2014-12-11, 08:55 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan begins to walk towards the pedestal, eyes scanning the room.

TwentyFold
2014-12-12, 12:25 PM
The Mosaic below and the pedestal ahead each show magical potential. The Mosaic gives a feeling of illusion, while the pedestal is harder to discern. Meanwhile there is a fading magical aura from the door ahead of you, but then it leaves your senses and disappears.

Prince Zahn
2014-12-14, 11:06 AM
"Magic" Lupés echoes shatter the silence left by her fading incantation, as well as the casual pitter-pattering of footsteps across the room. "Magic little floor - um, lies; magic little door, gone... Oh! Magic um..." she points with both forefingers toward each location she mentions to have spotted magic, however she pauses nervously at the pedestal, which seems to have stumped her inexplicably labored vocabulary. "!!!"
Not to self: invest in some smart-people skills :smalltongue: I'm open to suggestions.

VinGoodman
2014-12-14, 03:58 PM
Melina looks to Lupe and her ramblings curiously as she grabs the parchment and reads what's on it.

TwentyFold
2014-12-15, 05:12 PM
As Melina picks up the Roll of Parchment and unrolls it, a large booming voice, low and serious, resounds over the room. It comes from no certain area.

Welcome, you each have been chosen, by my associates, to join us for our cause.
Melina.
Arrisan.
Roparten.
Alise.
Lupé.
Each of you has been chosen, and here and now we give you a choice. Accept our challenge of your worth, or leave and never speak of us again, or else we would find you and correct the wrong. Choose Wisely, and choose with the conviction of your heart.

Then the Pedestal rotates until one corner points the the door ahead.

Enter if you accept, turn back if you refuse our just cause.

The Parchment has scrawled Runes strewn across it, and as the Voice ends its declaration, the runes flash and start to fade.

Eldon4
2014-12-16, 05:17 AM
Roparten

"Well I still haven't heard anyone say what this cause is that we're supposed to be accepting, but I'm not one to turn down a challenge." Roparten says as he makes his way to the door. He considers waiting for any others, but remembering the line about conviction decides to just keep on walking through the door.

Batpope Scott
2014-12-16, 07:34 AM
Alise sighs and says "You know, I was having such a lovely day earlier." Her complaints aside, she doesn't falter as she walks through.

VinGoodman
2014-12-16, 09:37 AM
Human Cleric 1 LG
Conditions: None

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (3/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (10)

Melina mutters as she walks on through the doors. "Oh Master Tallak, you better be able explain all this when I get back..." She pauses just short of the frame. "Come on, Copper. What are you waiting for?" With a yelp, the dog scrambles forward to join her, and the pair continues through the door together.

Prince Zahn
2014-12-16, 12:38 PM
Lupé pets wolf's rough, lush fur. "Caniña good.... Lupé never argue Caniña. Caniña argue win much easy."
Lupé smirks are the thought. Caniña reaches to scratch behind her ears, but Lupé beats her to the service. Lupé also takes the chance to tighten her grip on her pet's collar. About to take her leave to aid her friends in this trial, when she looks back, getting her tongue ready for an accented address.
"Arreesan, you come churrch too?" she tilts her head to the door as she too opens it to see what lies ahead.Lupé: @Arrisan Then hurry! #Jk

Smileybastard
2014-12-16, 09:23 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan rolls his eyes at the pomp of the process, but walks through nonetheless.

TwentyFold
2014-12-17, 03:48 PM
As Melina Opens the door, a strong gust of wind escapes the confines of a wide hallway that extends down about 100 feet or so. The Lanterns here are dim, and near what each of you believes to be the end of the hall, there is only darkness.

Then there is a low growl from that end of the hallway, and a large, flesh less, flaming dog illuminates all around it. What remaining meat is upon the dog starts to char away into black bone, and it snarls as entrails once held in its abdomen slosh to the floor and disconnect. It stands about 4 feet high at the shoulder, and its tail, barbed, waves menacingly back and forth.

It stares with unblinking hate at the party, before howling once, and rushing forward at great speed.

Initiative Order:
Strange Dog - 23
Arrisan - 21
Roparten - 17
Lupe - 14
Melina - 13
Alise - 8

Map: Here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ZthVB2Ext4vsOlG_7gH9x6W4ohG5PZQ-G3i6VE_xtE/edit?usp=sharing)
Arrisan, your Up. Good Luck.

Smileybastard
2014-12-18, 07:53 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan moves forward sword and shield in hand and awaits the creature.

Moves forward 15' to O3. Holds his attack until the creature is in range.

TwentyFold
2014-12-19, 11:18 AM
The dog snarls as you approach, and it stares with burning hate at you through sockets that start to smolder.

Roparten, your up, Map is Updated.

VinGoodman
2014-12-19, 12:56 PM
Human Cleric 1 LG

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (3/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (9)

Melina stares at the menacing hound, and back at lil' Copper cowering behind her. "Think you can take him on? Show him there's a new boss in town?" Copper whimpers, and cowers some more. "Don't worry, the paper said we're chosen, remember? That means these guys will take care of that oversized pup." She peeks over at Roparten as she spoke idly, wondering if he will indeed put that dog down to rest.

Eldon4
2014-12-20, 05:34 AM
Roparten

Roparten will step forward draw his bow and fire on the menacing dog.

5-foot step to Q17
Move: draw bow
Standard: attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Prince Zahn
2014-12-20, 06:33 AM
@Roparten: Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouth ankyou!!!!!!!!:smallbiggrin: finally somebody posts on a Saturday yay yay hooray!

*ahem*:
Lupé orders Caniña to sic the hound, go around, while she herself runs with her modest sickle,her battle cry seadfast* and unafraid of the flaming beast.
rolling for Caniña charging towards the beast. first to see how that goes, then will roll for Lupé seperately.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Bonus Trip attempt: [roll2]
(+2 for charging calculated into it)

Prince Zahn
2014-12-20, 06:44 AM
WOOT!!!!!!!
Critical Confirmation: [roll0]
Critical Damage: [roll1]

Lupé makes her own attack against the downed hellhound thing, add +4 if/against Prone target:
[roll2] also charging
Slashing damage: [roll3]

Movement rundown:
Lupé was in S3, Caniña was adjacent in S4. Both of us charged forward to M3 and M4 respectively, barraging against the hellhound.

VinGoodman
2014-12-20, 07:45 AM
Human Cleric 1 LG

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (3/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (9)

Melina moves up alongside Arrisan and draws her morningstar. "Looks like we're taking the front line...is what I was about to say." She shakes her head as she sees the charging Lupe and her beast. "That girl..."

MA: 20' to O2.
SA: Draw morningstar.
FA: Talk to Arrisan :smallbiggrin:

Copper yelps as her cover moves, and hesitantly takes a step forward before deciding that was far enough.

TwentyFold
2014-12-23, 08:34 PM
Roparten

Your arrow slams into the side of the hound, but a second later the flesh the arrow clung to sloughs off and leaves behind a display of the charnel and meat within, which is sizzling.
Your hit, dealing 5 dmg

Lupe/Caninia

Caninia bites the beast, ripping appart a leg, which similarly loses its flesh to the wound, but the hound stays stable. Meanwhile as Lupe charges as well, the hound skirts slightly to the side as the sickle comes to meet it.
Nice Crit, but no confirmation sadly. Meanwhile Caninia dealt 5 Dmg to the creature, but Lupe missed entirely.

Melina

As Melina approaches the hound, it snarls at the grouping, and then starts to make a slightly choking sound in its throat.

Alise is up. Have fun.
Map (https://docs.google.com/a/appswsd44.org/spreadsheets/d/17ZthVB2Ext4vsOlG_7gH9x6W4ohG5PZQ-G3i6VE_xtE/edit#gid=774934354)

Initiative:
Strange Dog
Arrisan
Roparten
Lupe/Caninia
Melina/Copper
Alise

Smileybastard
2014-12-23, 11:04 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan charges the beast.

Charge attack with power attack.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ac is 16 for this round.

Batpope Scott
2014-12-24, 05:01 AM
Alise whispers to summon the hex her master had taught her, a simple lullaby escapes her lips in a hushed hurry as she weaves the magic at her opponent.

Standard Action to use the Slumber Hex. DC 15 Will Save or it falls asleep for a round.

TwentyFold
2014-12-28, 02:12 AM
Start of Round 2
As the Hex Melina Alise Casted weaves over the Creature, it howls in an rage, shaking off any possible effects. It then surveys the group surrounding it, which is slightly awkward seeming as it's eye sockets are empty and now are flaming balls of gristle and smoke. It takes a fast back step, ending up a short ways away, and opens it's mouth. The teeth and gums are blackened or crisped, and within its throat, an inferno awakens, unleashing a large eruption from its gullet of fire and upended matter.

Make me Reflex Saves. DC: 14

Arrisan
Your attack bites into the hide of the beast, carving a large slice of smoking meat.
Going to move you to L3, also i might have to talk to everyone about charging through friends. Anywho Congrats roll me a confirmation to that sweet crit.

Map is Updated (See above)
Initiative:
Strange Dog
Arrisan
Roparten
Lupe/Caninia
Melina/Copper
Alise/Scarlet

VinGoodman
2014-12-28, 05:34 PM
Human Cleric 1 LG

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (3/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (9)

Melina is with Copper the scaredy dog. Alise is with Scarlet the fox, and Alise fired off the hex. Melina doesn't do hexes.

TwentyFold
2014-12-28, 10:18 PM
Thank you, i thought that i might have been naming wrongly, just didn't know if i was or not...

Roparten, you are up.

Lupe/Caninia
As the blast of fire wreaks it's wrath upon the halfling and her wolf, Lupe barely escapes, but is singed in the process, while Caninia is hit directly.
Damage: 8
Lupe take half

Eldon4
2014-12-30, 12:00 PM
Roparten

He cringes a little as the gout of flame leaves the dog's mouth, but quickly recovers and fires off two quick shots from his bow.

Rapid shot: attack 1- [roll0]
damage 1- [roll1]
attack 2- [roll2]
damage 2- [roll3]

TwentyFold
2014-12-30, 09:10 PM
Roparten
The Arrows each rebound off the bare bone of its spine, clattering to the floor.

Prince Zahn
2014-12-31, 09:52 AM
Lupé first groans in pain as she sees her closest friend take the heat.
"CANIÑA!"
Though she hollered, it was too late - something ferocious and vengeful awoke in Lupé's wolf, as the wolf sprung into the umbra and reappeared moments later snarling and biting the demonic hound.
Caniña advances to J4 through the shadows.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + Trip attempt (CMB): [roll2] against Hellhound's CMD score.
Question: Is Caniña flanking with Arrisan in this position? If so that's a +2 bonus to the attack and trip attempt!:smallsmile:
Lupé steps forth to Arrisan's side and has it the beast with all her might, hoping they could down the beast before it strikes her companion a second time.
advance bishop to L2 (flanking the hellhound alongside Caniña for +2 attack. Your mutt is surrounded, Twenty - Come out with your hands up!:smalltongue:
Attack roll: [roll3]
Damage: [roll]1d4-1[roll]

Wish me luck!

TwentyFold
2014-12-31, 02:45 PM
The Beast Howls with rage at the wolf and her master as they flank it, but Lupe's attempt upon it scrapes against what feels like harder bone than usual. Meanwhile as Caninia passes and rips more of its almost vacant flesh off, the Creature flicks its tail at her/him (Remind me in OOC prease) which now exposed to the bone, reveals a sinister grouping of barbs.

AOO to Caninia:
Attck: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]
Fire Dmg: [roll2]

Meanwhile Caninia Successfully hit, but did not trip. Meanwhile it is moreover flanking with Lupe as i would say they both moved at once.

VinGoodman
2014-12-31, 03:41 PM
Human Cleric 1 LG

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (3/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (9)

Melina moves carefully around the foul beast, and brings her morningstar down forcifully with both hands upon the hound.

MA: 20' move NW-N-NE. SA two handed strike with morningstar, flanking.

Attack: 1d20+2+2 Damage: [roll0]

VinGoodman
2014-12-31, 03:44 PM
Sorry, let's try that attack again:

Attack: [roll0] Damage: 5 (see above post)

Smileybastard
2014-12-31, 06:07 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan face is distorted by his focus as he presses his attack, trying to shift his position to flank the beast. How does one kill a skeletal fire-breathing dog?

Attack [roll0] Power Attack I did not add +2 if I am flanking
Damage [roll1]

Batpope Scott
2014-12-31, 07:55 PM
Alise grimaces at the combat taking place, quickly casting a spell to help put the animal down.

Casting Mudball at the hound. If the attack hits it's touch AC, the creature is blinded. On it's turn it gets a Reflex DC 16 to remove the blind.

[roll0]

TwentyFold
2015-01-07, 12:24 PM
Melina
Your flanking around the dog entraps it, and the attack breaks bone.

Alise
The mudball slaps the dog in the eye sockets, and it howls in furry.

Hellhound
The hellhound screams in furry and attempts to shake off the mud.
Reflex [roll0]

Arrisan
Will post when done with Hellhound's turn

End of Round 2
Start of Round 3:
Map (https://docs.google.com/a/appswsd44.org/spreadsheets/d/17ZthVB2Ext4vsOlG_7gH9x6W4ohG5PZQ-G3i6VE_xtE/edit#gid=695812507)
Initiative:
Hellhound
Arrisan
Roparten
Lupe
Melina
Alise

TwentyFold
2015-01-07, 01:41 PM
Round 3
Hellhound
The beast whimpers, then falters. With a last look around at the party, it raises its head and howls, a deep, mournful, echoing call, before it growls, and explodes. Shrapnel flies every which way, scraping off of the walls and pelting those around it will hot bone and marrow.

Everyone within a 2 square radius of the Hellhound make a Reflex Save (DC: 15) or take [roll0] Fire damage (Half Damage on Success.).

Prince Zahn
2015-01-07, 02:20 PM
Reflex Saves:
Lupé: [roll0]
Caniña: [roll1]

I really hope we make it safely, guys!

VinGoodman
2015-01-08, 12:23 AM
Human Cleric 1 LG

HP 11/11
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +0, CMB +2, CMD 14
Fort +4, R +2, W +5

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (2/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (9)

REF Save DC 15: [roll0]
Channel Positive Energy to heal: [roll1]
Melina turns away from the blast, and frowns at the damage caused by the destruction of the vile beast. She channels a bit of divine energy to help everyone recover before looking about her more closely, now that the threat has been dealt with.

With the the foul creature gone, Copper reclaims his role as the top dog of the room, and with an excited yip scrambles to rejoins Melina.

Prince Zahn
2015-01-08, 01:03 AM
Without hesitation, little Lupé tends to her still raging beast. Holding a tiny piece of metal in her fingers, she sticks the thin part of it in her mouth and puffs her lips, to which Caniña sits down attentively in response. Other animals in the room, however, may react slightly different to the silent whistle.
"Much Yommis gift Lupé." Lupé smiles, showing her new device.

Once Caniña reverts to a more docile state, the wolf girl examines her companions' wounds. Starting with Caniña.
will roll healing later in OOC thread who needs healing and how badly?.

Smileybastard
2015-01-08, 06:16 AM
Arrisan

Reflex save [roll0]

Smileybastard
2015-01-08, 06:18 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan evades the worse of the blast and then feels the wave of healing come over. A novel experience for him.

VinGoodman
2015-01-08, 02:07 PM
I've got:
Canina at -6 (with the channel heal but without the death blast damage)
Lupe -2 (with the channel heal but without the death blast damage)
Melina MAX (everything accounted for)
Arrisan MAX (everything accounted for)

Anyone else in the blast? If so, you're either at -2 (failed save) or MAX (successful save), after accounting for the channel healing

Smileybastard
2015-01-10, 04:41 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan seeing the effect on Canina and Lupe and checks to see if they are alright.

Healing [roll0] to stabilize if needed

TwentyFold
2015-01-13, 01:23 AM
Arrisan
Lupe's wounds mainly consist of blister marks and some minor burns, otherwise it seems as though the force of the blast itself is what took her out.

Lupe
As you black out, a familiar sensation sweeps across your mind, and you hear an echoing chuckle wash over your conciousness. Then you see yourself wild, beside Caninia hunting in a strange place, with a moon high above, bearing a sinister face that leers at you. Then you realize it is what is chuckling to you, but before anything more happens, you fall back into darkness.

Everyone else
The entire hallway lights up, and the door at the other end of the hall opens. Entering the hallway is a line of men wearing robes of gold and grey, similar to your previous guide. Each has a different air to them, but each has the same, golden stare from under their hoods. The one in front raises a hand, and the rest pause and stand at their location. Walking foreward, the leader lifts his hood to reveal a close cut beard that is the color of fading golden wheat. He wears upon his head, a circlet with a stone of white, that radiates a warm and welcoming light, before receding.
Everyone heal [roll0]

Welcome

His voice is the voice before, that resounded in the room before you, and just like then, it reverberates across the walls and through them.

VinGoodman
2015-01-13, 02:20 PM
Finally, somebody who may know what is going on. The cleric thought to herself as she recognized the comfortingly familiar feel of the healing energy. Melina approaches the man with the booming voice, and curtsies as a show of respect. "I am sorry about the mess. There was a vile dog in your room, and we took the liberty of taking care of it."

"What is it that you request of us? And why the weird roundabout way of greeting us? Surely your guide could've just brought us to you for this chat?" Melina looks askance at the apparent lead of the group, as strange mix of respect and rebuke in her tone and posture.

TwentyFold
2015-01-13, 04:13 PM
The man smirks slightly, lines upon his weathered skin showing in a stark presentation.

"That hound, Miss Melina, was a Hellhound, a test to see if you were all up to the task. Also apologize not for this mess..."

He waves a hand and the scorch marks across the walls and floor (including all smoking bits and pieces) vanish, including what may have been coating your weapons and clothing.

"Also by Guide I take it my son brought you to us, been some time since i have seen his face, I do hope he was not rude. As for your task is complete, you have all shown yourselves worthy of joining our ranks, though I dare say, it will take much more than killing a conjuration to impress the likes of this establishment."

His visage loses its clarity as he speaks of Kaide, but returns and he surveys all of you with an appraising gaze.

Smileybastard
2015-01-13, 06:26 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan stood, raised a brow and put his sword away. A test? Well I suppose it made sense. Was whatever they needed us for worth this? Was it that important?

TwentyFold
2015-01-14, 02:15 PM
Lupe
A wave of warmth passes through you, and you slowly start to awake. Resounding through your consciousness is an echoing voice, too vague to make out, and another voice sounds, a familiar voice, the voice of Arrisan.

Everyone else
"The Importance of this test is greater than you think, Arrisan. As for your small friend, which i am sure you are worried over, she seems to be coming to now..."

As he says this Lupe comes to

Prince Zahn
2015-01-14, 03:17 PM
Lupé rises shakily, disoriented from a fiery whiplash, followed by a rare ounce of fright.
"Arri...san? she asks, vaguely understanding her surroundings, nor the bright light in the room. More confusion rises from the conflicting warm sensations of warmth of healing and her slowly retreating burn marks. Me, us...—Conju...ra...Ción? Kill?"
Lupé squints a lot, she tries to look around best she could. Thinking she's forgetting something.
"WHERE CANIÑA?"

Smileybastard
2015-01-14, 08:03 PM
Arrisan

Looks around for Caniña.

Perception [roll0]

Prince Zahn
2015-01-15, 03:42 AM
you notice Caniña is at the other end of this corridor/room, she simply wandered a bit. Her ears fidgeted when hearing her name.
In a way, It kinda makes sense now why Lupé keeps her held "on a tight leash", so to speak.

TwentyFold
2015-01-15, 05:13 AM
As attention is brought to Caninia, you see her wolfish gaze instead draw past Lupe and Arrisan, to a strange sound which comes from the other end of the hall where the Inquisition stands (DC: 17 Perception to tell exactly the source of the sound). The leader looks back into the group briefly, then turns back to the group, stepping forward and lowers his gaze to Lupe.

"Welcome, acursed of moon."

He then raises his gaze towards Alise and Roparten.

"Alise, and Roparten if I am not mistaken. You seem strangely silent for these events, do you have questions as well?"

Smileybastard
2015-01-16, 06:43 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan tries to call Caniña back to them.

Not sure what is applicable
Handle Animal [roll0]
Wild Empathy [roll1]

VinGoodman
2015-01-21, 09:56 AM
Human Cleric 2 LG

HP 22/22
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +1, CMB +3, CMD 15
Fort +5, R +2, W +6

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (5/5)
Spells:
0 - detect magic, guidance, light, read magic
1 - protection from evil(D), bless, bless, divine favor

(R) Sling: +3 | 1d4+2 | x2 (50')
(M) [b]Morningstar: +3 | 1d8+2 | x2
(M) [b]Dagger: +3 | 1d4+2 | 19-20/x2 [PS] (10')

Sling Bullets (9)

Melina stares intently, daring the clerics to make the first move. Then, realizing she's probably the junior servant of deities, she relaxes her stance and stare. "We are here now, at your request. What can we do for you?" She pushes the fallen bangs aside, and tries to smooth out her armor and outfit again to make herself more presentable.

Copper, recognizing power and authority, peeks hesitantly at the clerics from behind Melina, and remains strangely respectfully silent.

Leveled up!

TwentyFold
2015-01-21, 02:07 PM
Arrisan/Lupe
PZ has the most control over the wolf, so i must ask him to roleplay that with you.

The Head Priest looks up into Melina's determined gaze, then nods.

That remains to be seen. But to be courteous, I must give my name. I am Ulrund, keeper of this establishment, and the one of the last who still dedicates himself to Aroden, the Fallen.

He raises his robed arm towards the hall you came in from.

If we shall proceed.

Melina/Copper
Copper hears the strange noise and gains interest in it as well.
Please have Copper make a perception check to tell where it is coming from.

I will have Eldon and Batpope Roleplay their talk with Ulrund when they wish under the Spoiler Heading: Ulrund. Meanwhile I will continue to take pauses here and there to wait for them, if they do not respond within the next week, I will be forced to either reduce our numbers, or will have them be benched until such time as they return.

VinGoodman
2015-01-21, 03:01 PM
LOL, I guess I better stat-up my pet. It was meant to be a flavor pet, but I suppose I should give it some numbers in case a monster takes interest in it:

Perception:
Melina [roll0]
Copper [roll1]

Human Cleric 2 LG

HP 22/22
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +1, CMB +3, CMD 15
Fort +5, R +2, W +6

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (5/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (9)

Copper, Faithful Companion
Animal Lap Dog(Tiny) N (fox stats, per entry for lap dog)
Senses: Low light vision, Scent
Movement: 40'

HP 5/5
AC 14, T 14, FF 12 (+2 dex, +2 size)
BAB +0, CMB +0, CMD 9 (13 vs trip)
Fort +3, R +4, W +1
Perc +8, Init +2 (+4 if able to act in surprise round)

(M) Bite: +1 | 1d3-1

Stats: STR 9 | DEX 15 | CON 13 |INT 2 |WIS 12 |CHA 6
Feats: Skill Focus(Perception)
Skills: Acrobatics +2 (+10 Jumping) | Perception +8 | Stealth +10 | Survival +1 (+5 Scent Tracking)

Prince Zahn
2015-01-21, 03:09 PM
DM/Arrisan
I thought it went without saying that Arrisan didn't do well on them rolls, I saw no need to rub any noses in it.

Smiley's dice tell me Caniña dudn' listen to just anyone.

TwentyFold
2015-01-25, 10:45 PM
Melina (and of course Copper and Caninia) all see, as the congregation of the inquisition start to pass on the way to the greathall, a certain robed individual. His robes are ripped and torn at the edges, and his hood is up, shrouding his face in darkness, only impressed by the strange illumination of the lanterns. But underneath you notice a single, yellow, slitted eye, which stares into the eyes of the wolf and dog as it passes by, and faintly a clicking noise issues from somewhere on him.

Prince Zahn
2015-01-27, 07:59 AM
"que? No 'Accurset of moon!' Lupé responded, furrowing her brow. "Me LOO-peh, Accurset of moon Lupé no Lupé!" As she speaks, Lupé swings her arms widely outward in disapproval.

"Fallen Ulrund? Greeting. Where Caniña?" Lupé says grumpily.

From across the room, Caniña's growls at the secretive stranger she spotted.

Here's a bit of knowledge (nature) from real life (and Pokemon!): never make eye contact with a predator that doesn't know you, regardless of it's species. That's the instictual equivalent of challenging them to a fight/competition, and if you are foolish enough to run away, they will label you as "prey".:smallwink:

TwentyFold
2015-01-28, 02:25 PM
Among the Inquisition, the stranger in ragged robes pauses, staring intently into Caninia's eyes, before reaching into his robes with a heavily bandaged "lobster" gauntlet, and tosses what looks to be a meaty substance at the wolf. To Caninia it smells heavily aromatic, and extremely appetizing.

Meanwhile Ulrund too pauses, and looks down into the white gaze of Lupe. Chuckling he slowly bends down near to your level of height, and reaches into his robes, producing a strange sun shaped medalion.

Take this young one, it will carry you through your troubled dreams.

Handing it to Lupe, he attempts to stand, and staggers slightly. The ragged robed individual takes his gaze away from Caninia and rushes forward to help up Ulrund, to which he mutters something in a low voice. Then they enter the Main Hall.

Prince Zahn
2015-01-31, 02:52 PM
Caniña flinches back as the meat falls to the ground. She approaches the food cautiously, glaring at the man and back to the meat, and would growl at any creature coming close to her or her gift. Lupé has gone through great pains to teach the wolf to tell between rewards and gifts with questionable success.
The wolf's black nose dances as it approaches the food, before finally licking it twice cautiously and biting it down. Caniña is now contently eating, making an occasional grunt as she chews.
~~~~
Lupé instantly calms to the unmistakeable sound of her feral friend eating. She examines the shiny medal, her eyes can't help but widen to it's sheen. She puts it in her mouth with great curiosity before thanking Ulrund. Without words she gestures the man to wait as she puts the talisman in her pouch and deftly swaps it with a leathery necklace with a cat's fang adorned with soft white and black fur, a pink frazzled ribbon and black yarn holding it together.
"Miss Snowball master cat. Master order Climb roof if all servants Miss Snowball climb roof, get down!
Miss Snowball no fall in vida. After umbra vida, Lupé make charm miss snowball, so Lupé miss Snowball no fall. Lupé hate miss Snowball, Miss Snowball taste good much Lupé Caniña remember... Help fallen Ulrund not fallen."
Negotiation is all about give and take, As Lupé and Caniña I have to recognize their perspectives are not the same but arguably parallel. :)

Also: you know the 5e list of 100 trinkets? Lupé has her own list and may as well have all of them! :smalltongue:

TwentyFold
2015-02-02, 04:57 PM
The ragged inquisitor looks back and slightly hold back Ulrund. Reaching down the ragged inquisitor takes up the token, and shows it to Ulrund, who smiles slightly and nods down at the small halfling girl.

Lupe has received a Token of the Sun (Unknown stats), also as the ragged inquisitor reached down you noticed something, a small gap in his gauntlet, please roll a Perception Check DC: 13 to Discern.

Smileybastard
2015-02-02, 06:08 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan observes.

perception [roll0]

VinGoodman
2015-02-02, 07:01 PM
Copper sees the wolf score some choice treats, and whimpers and wags his tail at the gifter, hoping for some goodies of his own. Melina looks back and sees her companion's poor behavior, and beckons him to come by her side with a scolding look. "C'mon, Copper. You'll get your treats later." She continues to follow the group, anxious to find out what she has gotten herself into.

Human Cleric 2 LG

HP 22/22
AC 18, T 12, FF 16
BAB +1, CMB +3, CMD 15
Fort +5, R +2, W +6

Touch of Good (6/6)
Channel (5/5)
Spells:

Sling Bullets (9)

Copper, Faithful Companion
Animal Lap Dog(Tiny) N (fox stats, per entry for lap dog)
Senses: Low light vision, Scent
Movement: 40'

HP 5/5
AC 14, T 14, FF 12 (+2 dex, +2 size)
BAB +0, CMB +0, CMD 9 (13 vs trip)
Fort +3, R +4, W +1
Perc +8, Init +2 (+4 if able to act in surprise round)

(M) Bite: +1 | 1d3-1

Stats: STR 9 | DEX 15 | CON 13 |INT 2 |WIS 12 |CHA 6
Feats: Skill Focus(Perception)
Skills: Acrobatics +2 (+10 Jumping) | Perception +8 | Stealth +10 | Survival +1 (+5 Scent Tracking)

Prince Zahn
2015-02-03, 12:19 AM
Adding "Token of the Sun" to my inventory shortly. For now assume she wears her new gift :3

Perception: [roll0] I just realized I may not be done with my CS 0-O gonna fix that soon!.

TwentyFold
2015-02-13, 09:31 AM
As you reenter the Great hall, you notice that everything seems to been disturbed from your previous visit. All the tables have been righted, and now sport several rows each two tables long. The few inquisitors sit here and there, sometimes in groups, sometimes alone, but the most populated table houses Ulrund as its main occupant. There sits the rugged inquisitor as well, and as all take their seats, Ulrund retreives a small paper scroll from within his robes.

This,...

He holds it out to the party.

is your first assignment. If you so wish, see us before heading out, and we will give you a proper key, otherwise you may make yourselves at home until you wish to leave.

Smileybastard
2015-02-13, 07:38 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan reaches out and takes the scroll and reads it.

TwentyFold
2015-02-17, 02:09 PM
The scroll has a golden wax seal, which breaks easily.

Across this world our people are stationed, we are spread wide and far. Far south an associate of ours has said that he may be in trouble with the council of Greydirge, who beleive he is attempting to sabotage further relations with a distant city. You will deliver to him a certain group of items upon accepting the mission, otherwise you may wait until you feel the voyage is for you. See Dragnat for your key, and your items.

Smileybastard
2015-02-17, 10:03 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan reads the scroll "Across this world our people are stationed, we are spread wide and far. Far south an associate of ours has said that he may be in trouble with the council of Greydirge, who beleive he is attempting to sabotage further relations with a distant city. You will deliver to him a certain group of items upon accepting the mission, otherwise you may wait until you feel the voyage is for you. See Dragnat for your key, and your items."

Arrisan shrugs. "I'm ready."

Prince Zahn
2015-02-18, 03:49 AM
"Umbra..."
the word escapes her mouth as things appear more clear by the moment.
"No! Em...– No Lupé ready!" she says nervously while fidgeting the medallion. "Em, sleep, Lupé tired. - mañana ready!" she says, hoping others agree to start tomorrow.

TwentyFold
2015-03-01, 12:41 AM
Ulrund gives a small smile to the halfing girl. Then raises a hand just before his eyes, initializing a glow across the circlet upon his head. A faint sound of steps comes from a door to the west of your initial entrance, and a short man who wears robes of all fading gold walks in, a business eske manner about his expression and his mannerisms. His face sports small beetle black eyes, a small pointed goatee, and a dark, close cropped hair that is shapped in a perfect V pointing perfectly down the center of his face, pointing directly at that goatee his chin holds. He quickly moves over to Ulrun, watching the party with a cunning and inquisitive manner, then looks to Ulrund once he arrives to him.

Yes, Master Ulrund?

His accent is strange DC: 15 Geography/Local to Discern Origins, but holds a sharp wit to it that expresses his quick nature over his business (which currently is unknown to the party). Ulrund slowly raises his gaze to the Inquisitor, and looks to the party, which the mans gaze follows immediately, but with no movement of his actual head. From this side of his head you can tell he has some kind of elven origins, seeing the pointed ears and slanted, sharp features of his face, but several of his features express a difference between what a normal Elf might looks like (See check, if you succeed, your answer will give you the answer to this as well). The man speaks with a sharp quip to each of his guesses:

Hm, recruits? Fodder? Adventurers? Beggars who found one of our doors and used on of our keys? Let me see...

The man then ***** his head to the side, and slowly lowers it to the only person he did not look at in length, Lupe.

Recruits it is... this way!

He turns quickly, gaining an even more business-like manner as he starts to walk towards the door he came from, which is strangely closed. Snapping his finger it slowly opens, and as he makes it there, he turns his head slowly back, and watches and waits for the reaction of the party, a look of inpatients crossing his gleaming, small, beady, eyes.

~I AM BACK, BACK IN THE CHAIR AGAAIN~

Smileybastard
2015-03-01, 02:31 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan again shrugs and follows the odd elf towards the door.

Prince Zahn
2015-03-10, 08:50 AM
"Greeting! Me Lupé, you. . .? Lupé sees the man walk out as quickly as he entered, and within counted seconds her friends follow.
"Lupé must go now." she bows to Ulrund and makes haste toward the magic door. "wait!"
where did everyone go?:smallfrown: Vinny, Scott, Eldon...

Too bad we have to find replacements...

TwentyFold
2015-03-12, 02:54 PM
The elf ushers you all through

For the others, they will be strangely mute statues until such time as I find some way to scoot em over.

The Coridor before you is long and dimly lit with many of the torches that were present in the room you fought the hell hound. The only difference is several pedastals with mock upper torso's of humanoids upon their tops. Around each neck is a varying collar, each gold with a single pearl embedded along there surfaces, and below them a name carved into the pillar. From how far you can see, there seems to be about 12 on each side of the hallway, perfectly positioned equally from eachother.
The guide gestures for the party to start ahead of him.

Smileybastard
2015-03-12, 07:27 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan looks warily at the elf and then moves forward very vigilantly.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

Prince Zahn
2015-03-19, 04:02 AM
Lupé observes the guide, and Arrisan's cautious, quiet approach to advancing. But why is he being so cautious, Lupé asks herself, if everyone is nice, and the shadows that haunted these halls have gone away?

Nevertheless, she follows Arrisan's lead and mimics it in sync - so that she, too, might learn Arrisan's point behind his actions. Caniña closely leashed behind her.
Stealth: [roll0]I'm scared to roll perception,could you roll it and lemme know if she notices anything? My modifier is +7.
For some reason, I imagine a busted, torn-apart, fire breathing dog animatronic at the center of the room where the hellhound died :smalltongue: it would've been weird but cool, hence it is canon in my mental imaging.:smallcool:

TwentyFold
2015-03-19, 09:57 AM
The only sound resounding through the hallways is the guide's sharp shoes, clacking and breaking the strange silence of the corridor. Meanwhile the lanterns cast a strange glow over the golden collars, reminding Arrisan of something that he had seen on a member of the inquisition before. But one quick glance from Arrisan at the collars reveals to him several sharp hooks holding the collar barely and inch above the mock upper torsos. While for Lupe she spots something fairly similar, but slightly blurred. Though a sense of sadness seems to emanate from each one, and from Lupe's angle she can spot the pictures with blurred significance as all fairly young.

Roparten gives a small grunt of disgust, and Arrisan notices why. Each figure in the portraits has one of these collars on, barely hidden by the gold and grey robes. Alise leans forward and studies a certain portrait, a look of mortified understanding crossing her face.

"Anthonos Havei, 4th bearer of the Weight."

She reads this out with disgust, looking up at the guide, who stops abruptly and slowly looks back with an arched eyebrow. The man turns fully to the party, a look of exhaustion passing over his face. He mutters something around "Every time".

Do not act so mortified my dear, these men and women are the only reason half of Golarian is right now stable, sacrificing themselves so that both this inquisition and the world out there may live on. If you mean to be rudely horrified of their burden, then at least don't do such a thing in front of any of this inquisition, as we have all gone through such pains, and still do.

The man takes out a handkerchief and begins to wipe the index finger of his left hand with it. Waiting for anything else to happen, an expression of annoyance crossing his sharp features.

Prince Zahn
2015-03-25, 02:25 AM
Lupé takes a moment to observe the pictures, trying to read the plaques, but it is hard for her to grasp the structures of their names.
Nevertheless, the powerful gloom such pictures - these tributes to their ghosts, as it seems - is one Lupé senses. A Feeling not quite her own, she feels the gloom and hatred of those around her, as well an appetite, come to think about it, all of which is empathetically growing inside her and she doesn't truly understand it. Lupé doesn't like this one bit. She must find out more.
"who sacrificing of burden painting?" she turns to the guide, and Alise. "sacrificing of burden sad painting, why?"

Smileybastard
2015-03-25, 06:48 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan restrains himself in reacting to the collars. People do odd thanks and as long as they don't try to put on on him he is fine.

TwentyFold
2015-03-26, 10:52 AM
The beady eyes of the guide fall unto lupe, his features becoming even sharper if even possible.

To explain, dear Lupe, these men and women have taken an oath, and have worn the collars present before you. These collars cause the very soul, upon death, to be contained, which in turn gives us a chance to still live within these halls before you. A kind of rent if you will, which I should say is: It is payment. All chose this path, and few do anymore. "The Soul must be Ripe," are caretaker says whenever she calls. But in no way does she herself kill them, instead we hand over one of these many collars, and she does what she shall, may her generosity and sincerity to this cause ever grow.

The short man walks over to one of the pedestals, raising a long fingered hand to one of the collars and tapping on a opal within the center. Then he looks back at the party.

If you have any questions about these, I would consult the other "gift" among our cause, the tattered one you most likely have seen helping Ulrund, he understands what all this means more than even the oldest of us, who remember the construction of this home. But to move this along, and I mean for all, your quarters are nearby.

Going to move things along at a just speed, so we can possibly get to the certain point and invite our new party members.

The hallway ends abruptly with a large mahogany door, a latch decorates it's face, but no handle. The short man, of who you have never asked the name of, lifts the latch, and lets it drop lazily. It echoes into the next room, and from your point it sounds as though the other side is very expansive. Only a moment later the door slowly opens, with no visible opener. Behind it is a round room, several doors implanted into the walls, each with a plaque upon the outside. There is 5 in this chamber, not including the door you just entered through. Entering you see that this chamber has a large hole in the ceiling, revealing several floors that rise above and bear similar resemblance to the floor you are currently on. The doors on this floor have plaques that read names unknown to you, except for one: Dragnat. Which you slightly remember as being the man Ulrund told you about when it came to grabbing a key and Items. The sharp man points when he is in the middle of the room.

You all shall be staying, each in separate rooms on the fourth floor of the living quarters, your rooms are free to you, and as you choose the room, we shall engrave your plaque with your name if you wish, otherwise do not be surprised on rude entrances.

He then stands before the room labeled with the name of Dragnat.

I shall be living here if you need me, and if I am not present, then I shall be gone throughout the home, just knock on this door and I will know you are seeking me. Your first mission begins when you choose to start it, though I recommend that being soon as time is of the essence.

With that he retreats into his room. Within Arrisan (and blurrily) Lupe spot several maps, a chest, and a large bed. On the wall of his room is a guisarme that looks like it is meant for a smaller figure. Then the door closes, and you are left alone with the rest of the party.

I don't feel like this is as good of an idea anymore, they first send a beast at us, then show all these creepy things. You think they are evil Arrisan?

Alise sounds slightly disgusted, especially after the events of the hallway before.

Smileybastard
2015-03-26, 02:10 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan seems to take things calmly. Arrisan takes Alise's hand. "It's okay. I don't feel in any immanent danger and think at this point our best approach to just go along with things and see what we can learn. We should go look at the rooms."

Prince Zahn
2015-03-26, 05:00 PM
Lupé nods in agreement to artisan's reasoning, she is not one to quickly seek the worst in people.
"Mañana!"
She enters her room and closes her door sharply after chiming a single word.
just checked. "Goodnight" is not in Lupé's vocabulary at this time...
Lupé's stomach growls as she opens the door, reminding her something of utmost importance.
Worried quite a bit once alone in her room, Lupé rummages through her things to find a sack with lots of trail rations, which she attempts to wolf down before bed.
gonna mark one day's trail rations off... would you kindly describe the rooms a bit?
Just between us, If there is no key on the door, Lupé would request one from drar-gan-nat(it's how she reads the plaque:smallredface:), at which point she would suggest an even better idea for Dragnat to lock her inside until breakfast time.

edit: if he asks for a reason, Lupé has wanderlust when she sleeps and doesn't wish to get lost in absalom, just trying to speed things along, and it's too soon anyway...

TwentyFold
2015-03-27, 10:51 AM
Dragnat peeks out of his room at Lupe's question, and looks down at her with annoyance.

My duties inform me only of your present state, if it comes to it, ask one of your friends to do it, I am too busy with mapping the new quarters. Meanwhile just ask the door for a key, they always have one.

With that he closes the door fully to leave you all outside.

A indent into the wall holds stairs that allow you to ascend, and even descend. Ascending to your rooms, the stairs are hazardous in their height and extrusion. Each Extrudes only half as much as the height, and the height is fairly short, so each step feels like tiptoeing to those who are not Lupe. Lupe however ascends easily and makes it up first to her room, squeezing past Arrisan's and Melina's legs. Melina, who has been fairly quiet during the entire encounter in the hall, looks slightly sick, and you both notice Roparten with a disgusted look that stays there, which clears up slightly as he sees Lupe move quickly up the stairs past everyone.

Both of you notice that on each floor the floor is normal, no holes where below you could see to the floors above, just grey stone, slightly worn by cleaning and the many feet and boots that have tread over it. The second floor bears names the like of which you know nothing of, but the third has a familiar name: Kaide. This door has several scrathces in the middle of the door, and a note lays over some of them saying:

Trecrek, stop knocking with your claws, do so with the knuckle of your arm, that is the appendage with the claw on it.
Sincerely, Caretaker Dragnat.

If you look more closely, other doors have similar markings, but none so as deep and as multiple as on the door Kaide apparently own. (Let me know if you attempt to read any others on this floor SmileyBastard)

The fourth floor has 5 doors, each bare of name. Lupe chooses a room just to the left of the staircase, Arrisan notices that the plague almost instantly inscribes the name of: Lupe Ashenmoon, just after calling something around goodnight and closing the door. There is a small circular shape in the corner, and it seems to look like a small moon as the engraving changes the color of the inner part of it's shape to bluish grey.

Lupe - Your room is modest, and small, it lies directly underneath the stairs, so the ceiling is slanted, but the height of it is okay since even on your tippy toes you cannot touch the cheiling. Everything in the room is smaller than what you saw of a before room, but each if perfect. A small bed with a large feather pillow, a blanket knitted with the shape of small moons, each in different phases around the border. In the corner there is a large mat placed over a bed of knitted hay, bouncy to the feel, as though cotton was filled into it. This corner mat seems to be made for something larger, like Caninia, and there is a large bin besides it that is labeled:

Caninia's Share

Inside is a bout of meat, filling only to about a quarter of it's maximum space. The smell seems to attract Caninia to it, and she begins to sniff (you role play from there). The rest of the room consists of a dresser table, a nightstand, and a small bookshelve tucked into the corner, the names on the books are mostly foreign, though some are understandable. The only thing in this room that has any resemblance to magic is the source of light, a painting, framing a moon over what looks like a long and solemn grave site. The light from the moon is intoxicating, but it holds nowhere near the sway as the real moon on Lupe, and she recovers quickly.

Assuming you decided to take Dragnat's advice on the key, you ask the door and out of the woodwork a long key protrudes, it cannot be taken out, but it can turn from side to side, and when turned to the right it produces a click, and only those from the outside can open it.

Go ahead and choose a room Arrisan, the ones left are:
Left Foreward away from Stairs
Foreward from stairs
Right Foreward away from Stairs
Just to the Right of the Stairs.

Meanwhile PZ, if you will can you interact the possible asking of your party on the lock, and before you let her retire, let me know exactly how she unpacks and what she does for bed before sleeping.

Smileybastard
2015-03-28, 12:01 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan goes to the door Left Forward from the stairs and opens the door.

Prince Zahn
2015-03-28, 05:37 AM
Today was a good day, Lupé thought to herself.
Lupé unsaddles Caniña, leaving it at on the dresser table, takes the big sack of rations from her pack, and put the rest on the highest point she could climb. The mix of dried meat, oates, crumbled bread that Yommis gifted her, along with berries she picked herself, seemed incredibly appetizing at this point. Caniña suspiciously sniffed the meat, looking at Lupé for permission.
"Si." Lupé assured her, playing with Caniña's fur. "wolf meat, gift. Eat, eat - Lupé food, Caniña food tonight no-no."
As Caniña eats, Lupé looks at her own rations.starving, but unimpressed."Yommis say Lupé it help Lupé at night..." she said to nobody in particular before scarfing down some of her own rations. Feeling overwhelmed, perhaps nauseated from the intensified flavors and textures in her mouth. She looks at the door with it's outer lock. realizing the flaw in her precaution. She may not be able to simply walk out this way, but any passerby could walk in on her... Or worse.
Since the door understood her once, it might understand her again. Thus, she tries:
"Door? Lupé Caniña must sleep now. Alone, Very important ask: May door close not Lupé, but Lupé, Alise, Roparrten, Arreesan, Melina, dragnat, every? Open not before mañana?" is this a diplomacy check to a door? A first, but the weirdest thing I ever did :smalltongue:
for the record I'd settle for a " DO NOT DISTURB " sign on the door, at this point. :smalltongue: if I can avoid arousing further suspicion by asking my teammates to quarantine me, that would be best. If at all possible I'd rather not have my character confess her issues yet, at least until it's too late to have opened up about it. :smallredface:

Lupé was slightly creeped out by the magic that tailored the room for her, and how suspiciously realistic the moon is in that picture. Looking at her room, The magical nightly themr in this room reminds her of the encroaching Umbra. She looks beneath her feet and observes her shadow, her vision is graying. Nervously, Lupé tries the bed, but it feels too soft for her. She can't help but look to the shelves, the amulet the nice man gave her. Ulrund said it has importance, and of the burden his church carries... but what does he know about burdens? Or of the umbra, for that matter?
Must be more than she and Yommis do, come to think of it.
She rose from her bed - it was too soft for comfort, anyway, - and climbed back up to her pouch, dug through handfuls of charms and keepsakes she collected over the years to find the golden medallion. Ulrund's words echo:

"Take this young one, it will carry you through your troubled dreams..."
She put the pouch back and came down with the amulet. She put it on.
"How Lupé look, Caniña?" she asked. Caniña think Yusslou like Lupé? Lupé Ulrund gift pretty?"
Caniña groaned, trying to get some rest."Si, no pretty miss snowball necklace pretty," Lupé chuckled."but boys Yusslou like shiny. Miss snowball no shiny. Miss snowball evil - evil - almost Umbra evil."
she grabs it's pillow and blanket and sets them on the floor next to Caniña.
she takes a few minutes to remove her armor and shield and puts sloppily them on the bed (AC 14 now) along with her weapons, which have not shed blood today. Then, she lays on the padded floor she set for herself.
Lupé whispers in the dim light. "Caniña? Caniña protect already Lupé, Si?"
Caniña doesn't seem to respond. Lupé strokes her wolf's side.
"Caniña always protect Lupé, every always." Lupé's eyes fill with dread." but, Caniña protect Lupé every friend? to Lupé too?"
Caniña sits up to gnaw and scratch herself, as if abstaining from an answer.
"Lupé hope si Lupé Caniña". the halfling lady closes her slightly teary eyes. Afraid to discover what fate awaits her in the morning, if she'll live through the night, once everyone might find out the truth, of what the umbra has in store for her tonight.

TwentyFold
2015-04-03, 12:37 AM
Arrisan

The room you chose is furnished with several astute objects. On the furthest wall there hangs a large bow, it's string missing, but with many carving's in the dark wood that acts as the body of the bow. The dresser that stands to the Left of the room is a similar dark wood, but has many carvings of creatures both fair and monstrous. A bed, covered in a thick blanket and a modest pillow, sits on the floor to the right. A small chest lies beside the bed, just near the head of it, and you notice there is not elevation to the room, despite you remembering that the stair's ceiling would have most likely forced the room into some awkward dimensions. By your judgement it is 12' to the back where the bow hangs, and 8' wide, and the wall to lupe's room you would expect (the right most wall with a dresser pressed against it) would cut into the room, but the wall is thick, and no noise echo's from the other side, where you think lupe is becoming accommodated. Behind you you hear the rest of the party discussing quietly something about the current situation through the cracked door, but they eventually go to look in the rooms. Meanwhile the only strange part of the room seems to be the light source, which stands just above the hanging bow. A small picture frames a sun that is slowly eclipsing, as though soon it will turn the room into the darkest of nights, which in your current case, seems to be about 30 min away from occurring.

Currently Lupe is viewing her room as well.

What do you do exactly in your new quarters Arrisan?

Lupe - 30 minuets after Room Accommodations
As you fall asleep next to Caninia you start to hear a loud cackling, accompanied by words that are incoherent and inaudible over the static that is your current defense of mind. Then you see it, once again. A large moon, the shape of a sinister face stretched across it's features. You stand in a graveyard, inhabited by specters that merely pass you by, all going towards a pool of silver, where a woman in grey stands with her hand over her heart, and eyes of pure beauty. But the moon is all that takes your sight, and it slowly whispers into your heart, it whispers change, it whispers destruction, it whispers: Draug!

Make me a will save DC:19

Prince Zahn
2015-04-03, 01:07 AM
the transformation is fine, I'd imagine:smallsmile: except that Draug part is a little odd... Isn't the patron Groetus?:smallconfused:
Will save: [roll0]
*raises shot glass* Here's to what fate has planned for Lupé, may she'll live to see the morning:smallsigh:

Smileybastard
2015-04-03, 03:40 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan enters and inspects the room, but it is the bow that catches his attention the most. He moves to it and inspects it and looks around for a bowstring.

TwentyFold
2015-04-03, 05:03 PM
Arrisan
No string is in sight, nor in a basic search (Roll Perception if you wish to look more extensively). Still the bow sits upon the wall, but then you notice something as you view it again, there is no string notches on either end of the body, as though there is no means for having a string to use the bow.

Lupe - ~20 min later
A voice, a familiar voice, one that shunts aside the mind of Lupe to instead manifest itself in the mind of the small halfling, echoes across the expanse of the soul, and further changes it.

~Khe Khe Khe, *Snarl, whine*~

Smileybastard
2015-04-03, 05:39 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan will try to pick the bow up and examine it carefully. Is it really a bow or just decoration?

Perception [roll0]

TwentyFold
2015-04-04, 08:28 PM
Arrisan
The bow is almost perfect, the balance from top to bottom is almost as perfect as it is when held correctly at full arms length. The drawback is very tough, but with enough effort you bend it back to a very strange angle, farther than you have ever seen a bow draw back to. Meanwhile the markings are very hard to discern, but you can tell that each groove is coated with a silvery substance, almost like a blanch. Also from what you can tell the bow could have been pulled back in any direction, as there is no flat edge, and is instead a cylinder that thins out as you move away from the center, and the normal indentations for attaching a string are instead replaced by minuscule runes that have the same blanch as the rest. Just where you picked the bow off of the wall, is a small protruding arrow shard, very sharp, but extremely broken and very crude in your opinion, why not just use a common nail or possibly just a stand for such a bow?

Lupe
We will start up your conflict here pretty soon, as soon as I get Arrisan squared away. Then we can invite our new friends!

TwentyFold
2015-04-07, 11:50 AM
Arrisan
The eclipsing picture slowly dims, almost to the point of leaving you in darkness. A good a time as any to get squared away.
Sorry about the DM railroad, just a bunch of arrivals are getting antsy and want to get into this soon, better not keep a bunch of people waiting when I promised them wonders.

Then Arrisan hears scratching, low and rapid, with a audible growl here and there to punctuate the strange arrival of such sounds. At first all those who hear it think it may be a wolf, but then strange words are thrown in here and there.

Strangers
This is for everyone who is arriving
The thoughts of bed and of the gossip spread of the newcomers is heavy on your minds. By now the lights in your rooms are most likely growing dim, signaling the strange way of keeping time in the housing section of the Inquisition's home. You may not arrive at the same time, but you all arrive around the same point, so, how are they ascending the many floors to your rooms on the 5th and 6th floors? Alone? Together? In speech?
How are you going about your trek?
Layna? Masca? Terin?

Widdlyscuds
2015-04-07, 12:18 PM
Clink. Clank. Onward and on, the armor sang its song. Both left and right did baggage sway, the straps that once held tightly now loosened. And up past step, past step, stepped one boot. Then another. In the ever trudging effort of supporting the usually robust frame upon them. Leaning desperately on the wall, the tall man was not looking quite as tall. And indeed, tall he was. Standing at an impressive height, nearing the two meter mark- or perhaps a touch below, was a young lad. His physique hidden beneath a layer of clinking armor, the strapped iron scales of his long coat covering his torso, down to the division, where it split into a miniature kilt open at its front, padding against his legs. Its sleeves long enough to cover to the middle of his exposed pale arms, revealing a somewhat stringy, yet developing muscle beneath, until the same alabaster skin was hidden by the simple bracelets he wore. Upon his head strapped a dim kettle helmet, beneath it loose strands of rich golden hair messily clung to his heaving sweat-covered face, whose shade most amusingly matched a ripe tomato. Yes, this was Terin. And alas, Terin's strong suits did not involve navigation, as so was evident by the shaking of his buckled knees and his wheezing breaths.

Beyond the armor he bore, and the heavy looking backpack on his back, the most prominent pieces of equipment the wheezing lad bore with him was a grand tower shield of wood, at its center a plate of bronze shining with a strange slot at its center. And to his side, strapped tight- was a warhammer.

Finally, after yet another trudging step, he paused, fumbling about and uncorking a water skin, desperately gulping down a healthy amount of water, trying to steady his breath.

"Stairs. Somuchstairs. Ohgodsabovewhyaretheresomuchstairs."

WillfulGarshen
2015-04-07, 01:07 PM
With the sounds of clinking glass and tools, an average sized figure approaches. As it gets close, the details seem funnier, weirder, and more ridiculous. A strange device that seems like some sort of eyeglasses strapped to the forehead. The figures wears what seems to be a protective leather jacket and pants, something is subtly seen under both sleeves of the jacket. Two bandoliers are strapped in a cross pattern from shoulder to the lower chest, holding some kind of bizarre tools and vials filled strange-looking substances. On the waist the figure wears a belt that holds what seems to be some weapons, a quiver, and a round object. On the back is a big and somewhat saggy backpack that is the main source of the clinking.
Finally, when the figure is close enough, it turns out to be a female human with somewhat messy, dark brown hair that is clumsily bundled into a ponytail. Her face is red, riddled with freckles, and has a somewhat anxious expression. Her walking is very awkward as it seems like she is trying to make sure that the bag does not move in certain ways. She is also checking out two vials, eyeing them extensively for every detail that the material inside it has.

She is Layna, and it is quite surprising that it does not look like she broke anything with her ridiculous pattern of movement.
Now that she is closer, it seems like the weapons that she is carrying is a light mace and a crossbow that has Elven writing on it, and the round object is in fact a compass.

As she finished walking up the stairs, she immediately put the backpack on the floor, opened it, and looked through everything in it while saying:

"Oh no, no no no no no, please tell me nothing broke, please for the love of everything tell me that nothing broke, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease."

TwentyFold
2015-04-17, 11:08 AM
Terin
The stairs are narrow, and steep, but your stout conviction gets you up the stairs, albeit with a sweaty complexion. A floor away from your room you notice a few new faces on the fourth floor. Two young women and a lanky young man. One of the women is garbed in heavy looking armor, the other in light gear with a fox at her feet. The man has a bow strapped to his back and a look of distaste upon his face. They all seem to be conversing, but the conversation looks to be coming to an end, and they turn towards doors that you knew to be unfilled for some time. Then you hear a scratching. The scratching is similar to what you have heard a few nights before, mostly from that one strange tattered looking inquisitor that helps Ulrund, the leader of this convention, with day to day things. But you also take into note that this scratching usually comes from downstairs, while the current scratching is occurring from a door just to your left. Then a howl, possibly from a wolfish creature (being of the steaming sea you have only heard imitations) and then the scratching continues frantically, with a muffled whine or growl here and there. All the new looking people turn with slight horror at the noise, and the woman with the fox says something around the lines of: Lupé (Loop-eyh). The man hurries to the door and begins to attempt at the handle, but the handle will not budge for the man. He then begins to bang on the door, yelling the same name or calling card that the woman with the fox yelled. Then they all notice you, and the man draws his bow.

"What are you bastards doing, let her out this instant or else!"

This man obviously thinks you are did something to whoever, or whatever, is making those noises. And he is now drawing his bow, already notching an arrow as fast as his fingers can fly.

Layna
On the 6th floor, you begin to rummage through your pack, finding only a small crack in a vial, a troubling sight and matter, maybe you will have to accompany Nitrick back into Absalom or another country for more. Then you hear a slightly familiar sound of clanking of armor as your neighbor by one floor begins to ascend the stairs. After some time you faintly hear heavy breathing, and the clanking slows, stopping as though he is taking a break. He is definitely not close enough to be on the floor just below. Then you hear minor noises, not unheard of, but still slightly disturbing in this hollow place. But before you can even shrug off the thoughts of the noises a few floors below and get back to checking the rest of your bags before bed, you hear a distant yelling, unintelligible at this moment, but fairly panicky, then someone yelling something.

Arrisan
The sound of clanking armor, familiar to you whenever you have ever seen roaming knights or sell swords that were rich enough to afford the privilege, flows up the stairs, and a moment later heavy breathing can be heard just outside, along with minor murmurings by the rest of the group. The eclipse comes to the climax, and just as the room begins to deepen in darkness, you hear scratching, howling, whining, and other such noises break out from the room adjacent. Next you hear the following:

Lupé!

What are you bastards doing, let her out this instant or else!

The first was the familiar voice of Alise, then the next was Roparten, sounding furious.

Widdlyscuds
2015-04-18, 03:34 AM
Terin could not catch a break this day. The panting and huffing lad, beaded with his own sweat gave a relieved smile- at long last, a solid floor, people who could give him directions! That smile all but turned upside down into a glance of dismay as before he could even utter a single wheezing word, an arrow was pointed his way. He gave a startled yelp- nearly tumbling right back down those stairs if he hadn't managed to catch his footing in time. His face would pale- if he even could at such a moment, as he stood there wide eyed. No time to reach for his shield, and reaching for his weapon definitely not an advisable course of action. He pants out a muffled 'What?!' , aiming his eyes ahead and exhausted, bringing his palms upwards in a gesture of surrender. "Idon'tknowwhatyou'retalkingabout!" He managed to blurt out, panic gluing his tongue before he swallowed again and managed to gain some control of his shaky voice. Should worst come to pass, he pondered, the armor might buy him the protection he needed. But he didn't feel like tempting the fates that day. "I-I have NO idea what that is!" He said, pointing at the door for a moment. "I just, I was coming back from a task- and I lost my way, this place is a maze and gods- would you put that thing down I am NOT your enemy!" He blurted out in a long, strained strings of words, having to haunch over to withdraw his breath.

Smileybastard
2015-04-18, 06:43 AM
Arrisan

Arrisan, curious about the sound, opens his door quietly, his hand on his scabbarded sword.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

WillfulGarshen
2015-04-23, 11:47 AM
Layna is still anxious about her equipment, especially after seeing the crack in her vial of rare preserved Harpy eagle talons that she got when she was in the Mwangi Expanse. The noises don't make her feel any better.

"Owwww What is it this time? Did someone step on another one's foot and both of them are fighting?", she thought to herself.

Never the less, she is still going to check the noises, as she would feel bad if she does not help someone in need, as this time it actually sounds like something actually serious.
She packed her belongings as quickly as she can and headed carefully towards the source, checking around each corner when she thinks she is close to see if she found where the noise came from.

"Everything will be fine Layna, just a bit more and you will see that it was just the usual argument or just someone coming back from a mission and you will be able to go back to bed", she said to encourage herself.

TwentyFold
2015-04-23, 12:15 PM
Arrisan
You quietly open the door and evade the perception of your friends, who all seem to be focused on two people: Roparten, and a heavily armored man who is attempting to talk Roparten down from shooting him with the bow and arrow Roparten currently holds. The armored man's attempt is not that good, but it does make Roparten focus less on him at weapon point, and instead on the door Roparten stands next to, which is the door to Lupé's room. Roparten takes a hand away from his bow, and attempts at the handle, which barely turns due to being locked, and he instead knocks forcefully, calling out:

Lupé! Lupé! Open up, what is going on in there!

In Roparten's other hand he still holds the bow with an arrow still notched in the string, slightly raised so that he may be able to attack if the armored man attempts anything. Meanwhile despite the sounds that surround you, you hear distinctly being Lupé's door a scratching, whining, and then a barely audible small bark, almost humanoid in creation.

Terin
The man before you must be crazy! What did you do to him that is making him freak out? Who is Lupé?!? But whatever the answers, he hears your plea slightly, and lowers the bow with one hand, and uses the other to knock on the door he attempted to open before, and call for this Lupé character. Meanwhile to your right (up the stairs) you hear the sound of tinkling glass slowly come closer. This sound is familiar, you heard it down at dinner when you got back from the mission to nab some food before starting this unfortunate trek, it came from a girl who you had only seen once before, she looked awkward, but had a bag full of stuff and goggles on, and she departed in the direction of the sleeping quarters about a minuet or two before you did, if that is her at all maybe she could help you?

Layna
As you slowly descend the stairs, you most definitely notice the noise your bags make as you descend to the scuffle, which is just around the next turn of the stairs, and there you see a familiar, yet still unknown face: A rookie who had joined only a few weeks before, he is apparently from the steaming sea, far north and west of the inner sea. He is wearing heavy armor and currently sweating slightly. He notices you, but his gaze seems to be switching between you and something in the group of rooms just in from of him, where some banging and yelling that sounds like: "Lupé!" from a masculine and fearful/angry voice.

Terin
One of the other two strangers in the room speaks up, it is the girl who is armored an amount, with a dog at her side that you notice is whimpering by her feet.

"Roparten, break it down! What if one of those hellhounds is in there!?"

Arrisan
Melina, you notice, finally spots you looming in the doorway, a stick in one hand, and the other hand on your scabbard, and says this:

"Arrisan, please, something is happening to Lupé!"

Terin, Arrisan, Layna (in hearing) and Lupé (somewhere far off)
A small window of silence stands between everyone, then a loud and ominous howl escapes from the door, echoing through the halls as though the door was not even there. It lasts longer than anyone can remember, and everyone is strangely held to it with an ominous dread.

TwentyFold
2015-04-23, 12:26 PM
Lupe
Khe, Khe, Khe, moon, moon, MOON, khe khe khe.

A voice from somewhere, insane and strangely happy, then slowly angry.

Where is the joy in this? Doors, doors, doors, wood, yet dead! Khe Khe Khe!

Lupé sees a familiar sight, a graveyard, a moon, but this time a small huddled beast, naked, yet with hair of a wolf, several yards in front of her. This image is strange, it is much more realistic than she has ever dreamed it, the cobble below her is rough, yet also colder than snow, the shadows flicker as though the light of the moon is distorting constantly, and many beings of light, dark, and grey float by. Lupé leans against a great grave, it's pinnacle many meters above her, with no discernible language lining it's epitaph. And all around her and the strange beings of dark, light, and grey attempt to put as much distance between Lupé and the strange beast before her, all slowly moving towards a single location out of sight. Then the beast looks up, it has a hideous face, that of a small humanoid, but mixed with wolfish aspects such as an extended face, eyes of yellow, one larger than the other, and teeth that all resemble canines of a wolf. It smirks, it's hideous visage spreading fear through Lupé's being. She remembers this thing, it has always been there, staying huddled and bent, mumbling in a barely audible whisper and cackling once every few seconds, but never had she ever seen the beasts face, dark and hideous, with a familiar aspect to it that reminds her of something dear.

Welcome, cursed and blessed! Khe Khe Khe!

Prince Zahn
2015-04-23, 02:09 PM
the halfling girl stares in shock at the beast, and checks herself - funny, how every time she wakes here, her clothes are different, yet always from her last month before receiving her destiny as "Lupé ". This time, they were reminiscent of the gray nightgown she wore when sleeping in Lord Goldmiller's shed, sometimes his awful cat, Mrs. Snowball, joined too.
She remembers the beast in front of her quite well. As well as who she is now. She is a lingering memory - a vestige of herself from before the fateful change. From the happier days before Lupé was bore two faces.
"Halflings are fearless — I'm fearless..." she muttered to herself. The great tombstone she was shackled to was cold, and she was no longer allowed to read it's dedication, save for a rare word here and there which she may have recognized, thanks to her friends, and Yommis. The monument never read any sense to her, anyway, yet it always reminded her that she was the only one left, and she alone had to play the game of a lunatic.
"How could I be blessed?" the halfling soul shouted in contempt "You took my life and caged it like an animal!"

Smileybastard
2015-04-23, 06:52 PM
Arrisan

Arrisan grabs the door and tried to open it.

If the door does not open he will use his strength.
[roll0]

Widdlyscuds
2015-04-25, 04:44 AM
To say Terin was confused, was the understatement of a century. What the hell's a Lupe?! But as far as he knew- there were trouble, and this Lupe figure was involved with them. All the more his focus came at the sound that she might be at trouble, and at the magic words of Hellhound, Terin instinctively drew his gear. The hefty bulk of wood that formed his tower shield made great cover for an ample amount of his person, and his warhammer set diagonally as he withdrew it nonemenacingly from its rest, obviously not in desire to start a fight with those there. He peered to the man trying to open the door (Arrisan), and frowned, figuring it must be locked. Swallowing and mustering his courage, he had no time to bid a polite courteous nod to Layna as he made way towards the door. Someone was in trouble, and he'd be damned if he stood aside quivering like some coward. "Move! I'll break down the lock!" He said, rearing his Warhammer aside in preparation to strike. Obviously not yet striking, as Arrisan was by the door!

Should his request be bidden to, Terin was swift to move. Bringing his warhammer down to try and break the wood around the door's lock, to weaken it. Opting to wield his weapon in both his hands, to ensure maximum strength in order to break down the door, and what he presumed to be save the Lupe in distress. Before attempting to use its weakened state, by bringing his boot up- foot set vertically as he tried crashing it forward and downright kicking the door in.

1D20+6 Ssssssshhhhh.

Smileybastard
2015-04-25, 09:54 PM
Arrisan

Failing to open the door by the normal manner or force he steps back.

Widdlyscuds
2015-04-26, 07:56 AM
1D20+6

Attacking with the Warhammer, two-handing it, resulting in a +4 instead of a +3! (Cause I totally needed to make this post longer.)

WillfulGarshen
2015-04-26, 12:59 PM
Layna goes inside the now crowded room and is trying to understand the extent of the situation.
"What is up with all of the noise over here?! Can there be any period of time where people won't make a ruckus over ev... Wait, is there someone stuck beyond that door? OH DEAR Someone call the key master quickly and get whoever's in there out of there!"

TwentyFold
2015-04-26, 06:44 PM
Arrisan steps back, Layna arrives on the scene, Roparten raises his bow, and Terin's hammer snaps off the handle to a room that the door labels as belonging to: "Lupé".

The handle crashes to the floor, and the force of the blow shakes the door, opening it just barely. Within a light that many nearby recognize as only the light of the moon illuminates a dresser to those who are nearest, as for those farthest away, nothing is seen.

To everyone but Layna, the following noises are more familiar: A small growling and cackling emanates from within. The voice is small, but is dark and barely familiar for some.

The noises are extremely familiar, and many there recognize it as Lupé's small, yet wild voice. But the noises emanated are a mockery of her normal speech, more animalistic than not.

The noises sound as though a smaller person is mocking animal sounds, for layna they sound similar to that of a dog or wolf, but to Terin he can only remember such noises from stray, rabbid dogs from his home island.

Then all hear the following, though barely:

Khe Khe Khe, *Growl* *Whine* Khe Khe. *Bark*