PDA

View Full Version : Maho-Tsukai bonus spell

Roncorps
2014-11-05, 09:53 PM
The bonus spell are determined by "the maho tsukai taint score +10". Ok, so, it's 10+ spell per day + what it is said in the table for each level ?

Level 8 Maho Tsukai with a taint score of 8 get 24x 1st level per day ? And he only lose 4 wisdom point for that ? (half taint score malus)

I remember someone saying it was a cheesy class ...

P.S. : It's for a NPC (mid BBEG) , not a player. I just don't want to explode the party with Cloud of Taint over Cloud of Taint over more and more Cloud of Taint.

Thanks !

torrasque666
2014-11-05, 10:01 PM
I think its (Taint+10)-> find appropriate row on table 1-1: Ability Modifiers blahblahblah

Roncorps
2014-11-05, 10:04 PM
Ah I see what you did. So it replace the core stat with the maho stat.

Ok, I was too tired to see that ... They are not too OP with a 18 in casting stat for a -4 WIS.

georgie_leech
2014-11-05, 10:08 PM
Ah I see what you did. So it replace the core stat with the maho stat.

Ok, I was too tired to see that ... They are not too OP with a 18 in casting stat for a -4 WIS.

On their own, they're not too out of line. The trouble comes when you find some way of being Immune to Taint, functionally letting your "casting stat" be uncapped. For instance (at the risk of spreading this trick to unsuspecting tables), undergoing the ritual to become a Necropolitan, as Undead can ignore the negative effects of Taint.

Roncorps
2014-11-05, 10:15 PM
I'll keep that in mind for a big BBEG Georgie ! Using that trick, the Maho can have like 40 in taint score for a official casting ability of 50 and a whooping spell level + 10 + 17 DC check (min 28) ... ouf .... crazy.