PDA

View Full Version : The Last Word [3.5]

Bad Wolf
2014-11-05, 11:30 PM
So I'm making an NPC who obtained the last word a while back. I have two questions:

1: Are there any books you could point me towards that mention it?

And 2: What are some good drawbacks? It mentioned that the Last Word was slowly destroying ol' Tenny from the inside out, so I was thinking of doing that to the NPC. With more sever drawbavks of course. I was thinking maybe the depravity effects for taint would suffice.

afroakuma
2014-11-06, 10:14 AM
So I'm making an NPC who obtained the last word a while back. I have two questions:

1: Are there any books you could point me towards that mention it?

The Last Word is a component of the 2E adventure Dead Gods, which is the only source it's prominent in.

And 2: What are some good drawbacks? It mentioned that the Last Word was slowly destroying ol' Tenny from the inside out, so I was thinking of doing that to the NPC. With more sever drawbavks of course. I was thinking maybe the depravity effects for taint would suffice.

It wasn't corrupting him or twisting him, it was literally eating away at his existence as a god-thing just to know the Last Word. If your NPC is below that level, what happens to his soul should be like what happens when cotton candy gets wet. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWU1yRr_dM)

Bad Wolf
2014-11-06, 07:22 PM
The Last Word is a component of the 2E adventure Dead Gods, which is the only source it's prominent in.

It wasn't corrupting him or twisting him, it was literally eating away at his existence as a god-thing just to know the Last Word. If your NPC is below that level, what happens to his soul should be like what happens when cotton candy gets wet. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWU1yRr_dM)

Okay then. Any other sources, anyone?

Brookshw
2014-11-07, 09:47 AM
Okay then. Any other sources, anyone?

It was found on the bottom layer of aborea and it pretty much was only significant in that adventure path, anything else you come across will only be passing mentions. If you want to know more about where it was found you could check planes of chaos or canonfire.

Bad Wolf
2014-11-08, 01:22 AM
It was found on the bottom layer of aborea and it pretty much was only significant in that adventure path, anything else you come across will only be passing mentions. If you want to know more about where it was found you could check planes of chaos or canonfire.

Okay then, thanks for the information.