PDA

View Full Version : How would it change the game...

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-06, 03:13 AM
if the Two-Weapon Fighting feat allowed one attack with each weapon as a standard attack action, or at the end of a charge, and if Improved and Greater TWF were rolled into one "Superior TWF" feat? Two-weapon AoOs would still require the Double Hit feat.

In 3.5 I don't think this would be much of an issue (really only Smite Evil gets a great deal of mileage out of this over THF), but in PF I could see it getting wonky with Cleave and Vital Strike and such. What do you all think?

Kelb_Panthera
2014-11-06, 03:23 AM
It's a common enough suggestion.

The reduction in feat tax is generally regarded as a near-necessity to make TWF even worth considering. You'll likely see ringing endorsements from here down.

Gwendol
2014-11-06, 03:23 AM
Not much. Look at how 5e handles TWF: it would bring the fighting style up a notch just enough to make it viable without tacking on SA dice or other sources of extra damage.

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-06, 03:42 AM
Not much. Look at how 5e handles TWF: it would bring the fighting style up a notch just enough to make it viable without tacking on SA dice or other sources of extra damage.

Since I don't have a copy of the PHB: how does 5e handle TWF?

vhfforever
2014-11-06, 04:46 AM
Without a feat dedicated to it, an attack with your off-hand takes your bonus action and does not add your ability modifier to damage.