PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Life

Tolvan
2014-11-06, 09:27 AM
I'm not really sure of the proper way to format a thread like this, but I noticed there was no thread for the game, so I made one.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the game so far.

Tylorious
2014-11-06, 11:06 AM
How does the job system work? Is there any questing in the game like in rune factory?

TaRix
2014-11-06, 11:29 AM
How does the job system work? Is there any questing in the game like in rune factory?

Basically, you choose a Life at the game's start and can (after the first Life tutorial quest) change your life to any of the other eleven Lives. Whenever you want. There's even a convenient touchscreen warp button to make it happen faster.

Advancement is done through errand-type quests, many of which can be bundled together (and for different Lives at once). You're almost expected to try all the Lives out; even your Masters suggest it. It might even be a big challenge to stick to a single career.

Sidequests are similar, but they're done mostly for laughs and cash and maybe other items of which you might not yet have access.

If that were everything in the game, it would get mighty tedious very quickly, but the light atmosphere and enjoyable writing make it fun to keep poking around places.

I've heard it described as "Animal Crossing meets Dragon Warrior" or something, and that's more or less fair. Don't rush through this one; enjoy the trip.

CarpeGuitarrem
2014-11-06, 01:03 PM
Link? Never heard of this game until now. What's it about?

Sajiri
2014-11-07, 02:12 AM
I was playing this game for about three weeks straight, made it to one level before I unlocked the DLC origin island and had to take a break. It's been a ton of fun.

Been trying to convince my partner to buy it too so we can play multiplayer

Kornaki
2014-11-08, 10:38 PM
I've been playing this with my girlfriend. It is an absolute blast to play, both in multiplayer and in single player mode.

One thing I have only just noticed is I am occassionally getting red powerup symbols above my hp/sp bar, anybody know what those are? It might be related to the fact that I am partying with NPCs for the first time
(Olivia and Andy if it makes a difference).

Tolvan
2014-11-10, 08:46 AM
I've been playing this with my girlfriend. It is an absolute blast to play, both in multiplayer and in single player mode.

One thing I have only just noticed is I am occassionally getting red powerup symbols above my hp/sp bar, anybody know what those are? It might be related to the fact that I am partying with NPCs for the first time
(Olivia and Andy if it makes a difference).

Yeah, NPCs can buff various stats, like certain potions can.