PDA

View Full Version : TPAY/TPBY Ask TPBM II

Pages : [1] 2

Dire Moose
2014-11-06, 11:10 AM
I think we had one of these before. Anyhow, the point is pretty simple. Just answer the question from TPAY, and ask another question for TPBY to answer. I'll start:

No, White Space, I will not give you a sandwich.

If you could bring back one extinct species, what would it be?

Laughing Dog
2014-11-06, 12:53 PM
Smilodon.

What is your favorite quote, oh person posting next?

Dudeons
2014-11-06, 09:51 PM
"The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the difference between the lightning and the lightning bug." - Mark Twain

Poster below me, what would you say your greatest achievement is?

Haruki-kun
2014-11-08, 05:16 PM
Graduating college. I can answer a jillion silly things, but MAN that took some work.

TPBM: If you had to skip a meal forever, which one would it be?

Cuthalion
2014-11-11, 09:35 AM
Second breakfast. :smallwink:

What cardinal direction are you facing right now?

TheCountAlucard
2014-11-17, 10:49 AM
I don't know.

What did you have for breakfast?

Duck999
2014-11-26, 04:22 PM
I... umm... Let me think about this one. Oh yeah! Fake chicken!

TPBM, what is the color of the leaves on the tree closest to you on the right.

Laughing Dog
2014-11-26, 06:21 PM
The nearest tree on my right has needles, not leaves. (And they are green.)

TPBM, I ask of thee, do you prefer cats or dogs?

Mauve Shirt
2014-11-28, 09:49 AM
Definitely doges!

TPBM, are you a holiday hater, a holiday appreciator or are you indifferent? Whichever holiday you celebrate?

thirsting
2014-12-05, 02:52 AM
Holiday hater. They increase stress levels, and create needless conflict through impossible to meet expectations. Worst offender: Christmas.

TPBM, if you were given a one way ticket to Mars, along a first wave colonisation effort, would you be ready to leave everything here on Earth behind you?

Dire Moose
2014-12-06, 09:48 AM
No. I like too many people and places and things here on Earth to leave this wonderful place full of life to leave it for an empty, barren wasteland. I know Earth is far from perfect, but to leave behind all the good aspects for an essentially dead world would be too much for me.

If you could have any animal that ever existed as a pet, what would it be?

goto124
2015-01-25, 06:43 AM
A penguin! Those flightless birds are really fluffy, and look so cute in everything they do. And they're not afraid of humans.

Do you like to play as a paladin? Why (not)?

TheCountAlucard
2015-01-25, 06:52 AM
I don't play paladins, in part, because few GMs seem to want to tweak the code to fit the character I want to play better. Also because of the sheer number of arguments said code causes. I don't like how easily the paladin loses all its class features, nor how hard it is to get them back. I also generally prefer playing proper casters if I'm playing D&D.

Are you going to give the new edition of Exalted a try?

Inevitability
2015-01-25, 12:22 PM
Nope! I never played Exalted and I don't see myself doing so in the near future.

Would you want to have the power to constantly float an inch above the ground if you couldn't turn it off?

goto124
2015-01-25, 11:39 PM
Nope. How do I play Twister, or lie comfortably in my bed, or go on theme part rides safely, or even be able to sit down properly? Any power that can't be turned off is almost always bad, really.

Do you prefer to play Good or Evil characters?

Dudeons
2015-01-26, 12:05 AM
I generally prefer good characters, although some characters dipped far enough into antihero territory to be considered evil. While good characters feel good to play (I especially love Stupid Good characters), once in a while there's something fascinating about playing a manipulative sociopath or a psychotic murderer. I scare myself sometimes.

What's the strangest sequence of thoughts you've had?

Twelvetrees
2015-01-26, 11:21 AM
In a D&D game? Hey, I bet our best bet would be to drop the elevator on our foe while we're still riding on it.

What was your first experience with an RPG?

goto124
2015-01-26, 09:27 PM
It was a RP-enforced text-based computer game. I had to learn social norms such as bowing, and RPing not automatically knowing people's names even when the game did tell you the name. Luckily, no one really paid attention to my RP, and I had to be a lot more concerned about the harsh game mechanics anyway. I eventually moved on to a game with no RP.

Some time after that, I found these forums, and got started by posting in Trog's. I was rusty on RP, and godmodded another PC and one of his robots. Good thing I made it clear I was new, and was forgiven.

Do you spend more time on a desktop, laptop,or mobile phone?

thirsting
2015-01-27, 04:03 AM
Haven't had desktop for twelve years. Spend at least 2-3 hours a day on laptop, often more. Phone is catching up though, I'm nearing a point where I have collected three stars in all levels, in all the different Angry Birds games. All. Of. Them. (well, except Epic, which just is unplayable on my phone after level 6 or so)

TPBM, do you see yourself playing board or computer games when you are at a venerable age, 70 - 90+ years?

Scarlet Knight
2015-01-27, 02:05 PM
Oh, sure... it's not that far off for me. I can see myself pulling stuff out to amaze the grandchildren. "These are called 'Chinese Checkers..."

PBM, did you get hit with snow today?

Dudeons
2015-01-27, 02:46 PM
Nope! Being in the dead center of America sucks like that, but at least we created Walt Disney.

PBM, what is your favorite forum game on GiantITP?

Targ Collective
2015-01-27, 07:32 PM
The positive wish twisting thread. Formerly the gift giving thread, but that died...

PBM, what's your avatar's backstory?

Twelvetrees
2015-01-27, 11:52 PM
I like the concept of rogues and I had had the option for a rogue avatar. To me, rogues always seem to have the most interesting stories/motivations because they're tricksters. I might end up getting a custom avatar at some point, but this one works just fine for now.

TPBM, what is your favorite character that you've played?

goto124
2015-01-28, 03:08 AM
I remember getting really attached to the first character I played... but then things turned bad... she's now a bittersweet memory...

I had only a handful of PCs (in total!), none of which have really taken off. I guess my favorite is Axanot, followed closely by Kelcey. They have yet to be fully fleshed-out, but at least I feel happy thinking of them.

What was your worst gaming experience?

Inevitability
2015-01-28, 12:27 PM
A PbP game ran by the person I consider my worst DM. You can read all about it here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?363545-What-was-your-worst-DM-ever-This-thread-is-impervious-roll-to-disbelieve!) (first post).

TPBM, do you have any gaming systems you never played but would like to?

TheCountAlucard
2015-01-28, 05:32 PM
Exalted Third Edition. :smallamused:

If only it'd come out... :smallsigh:

What's the most awful thing you've ever eaten and kept down?

Dudeons
2015-01-28, 11:37 PM
There was a 'gross food eating' contest at my church several years ago, and one of the things I took was a sugar cookie with mayonnaise on it. It was exactly as wrong as it sounds. :smallsigh:

PBM, what would a perfect day for you look like?

Targ Collective
2015-01-29, 08:30 PM
I don't know; I've never had one.

Okay. In the hopes of getting a more interesting answer this time:

PBM, what's your avatar's backstory?

Scarlet Knight
2015-01-29, 09:00 PM
Rutger Fitzhenry is a LG knight, who was torn between loyalties to his family and king. This leads to him being disinherited and adopting the role of the nameless Scarlet Knight until the day he can win back his honor and reclaim his name.

PBM, do you miss :thog: ?

goto124
2015-01-30, 07:09 AM
Yup, he's such a funny person and, despite his mental disability, is not used as a morality pet to mine for the auidence's feelings. He's actually likeable, far more than any other mentally challenged character I've seen in other stories.

What was your funniest moment in a campaign?

miner3203
2015-01-30, 07:58 PM
I'd have to say it was when our party sorcerer wild-magic surged and cast fly on our druid, who promptly said, "I can fly now? I'm gonna shapeshift...into a tiny turtle!"

We all burst out laughing as soon as we realized that he intended to stay in turtle form, fly into a room and check for traps, and then fly back out again (In essence, he was our Tiny Trap-detecting Flying Turtle).

What was the most memorable magic item you have ever found?

TheCountAlucard
2015-01-31, 03:26 AM
I'm DM most of the time, so I don't have much in the way of magic item discoveries for you.

What's your favorite player character you've played, from a non-D&D tabletop RPG?

Inevitability
2015-01-31, 05:09 AM
The closest I ever got to playing a tabletop game that wasn't D&D was a Star Wars Saga game. I had created a Wookie Jedi with serious anger issues.

TPBM, what is the smallest character you have ever played?

goto124
2015-02-01, 05:57 AM
A redhead dwarf. She tied her equally red beard up in a braid, and wore clothes literally made of silver. While mining. For more silver.

She was so cute... guess what happened to her.

What was the longest length of time you're waited for someone or something to respond?

Scarlet Knight
2015-02-11, 08:44 PM
Well, once it took a 3 month wait to get a job offer.

PBM, what are you giving for Valentine's Day: flowers, chocolates or promises you have no intention to keep?

Torzini
2015-02-11, 09:02 PM
Not chocolate, as we still have a small mountain of unopened chocolate boxes from Christmas gifts (not sure what that says about us, that most people we know gave us chocolate lol). Will probably do the cheesy thing and get flowers.

TPBM, how do you feel about Valentine's Day? Love it, hate it, couldn't give a rat's left buttock?

thirsting
2015-02-11, 11:34 PM
We have a corrupted version of it here in Finland. It's not a day of romantic stuff, but a "friendship day", which is a shame. And was awkward even as a child. Either way, always resented both versions.

TPBM, what have you yet to achieve in live?

Peebles
2015-02-12, 05:19 AM
Pretty much anything to be honest, my life so far has been one poor choice piled on top of another. Still, what I hope to achieve in the rest of 2015 is to continue getting back on the right track. As for a life goal, a novel, published or not, would be awesome.

TPBM, how long have you been here, and why do you stay?

goto124
2015-02-13, 09:00 AM
Been here since November last year. A relatively new member I think. OotS got me in here- I loved OotS even though I had no idea what DnD was. It was through this forum that I learned bits and pieces of it. Not sure why I enjoy this sort of thing. Maybe it's the mystery, or that I do find fun in roleplay.

TPBM, have you done free-form RP before? Where, how long, what sort of characters/adventures do you play?

Targ Collective
2015-03-07, 06:14 PM
Not much! I participate in Kiss and Kill, which doesn't have a plot, and RP an Avatar of Light there. Currently Pony flavoured!

PBM, what's *your* avvie's backstory?

Haruki-kun
2015-03-07, 09:53 PM
Always had a bit of an artistic tendency to draw Angels, made a character for myself based on one, then decided to reference a meme. Because that's always fun.

PBM: What was the last movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Mauve Shirt
2015-03-08, 11:37 AM
Hm. The last movie I watched was Pitch Perfect with my ladies a couple weeks ago. I enjoyed it for all its lighthearted goofiness.

TPBM: Do you have a favorite recipe that you cook all the time, and can I have it?

goto124
2015-03-09, 10:17 AM
Sure! It's very simple. Take mushrooms, cut off the stalk, stuff it with garlic and cheese, and bake in the oven. Or heat in microwave. I'm not a cook :P

Have you played a non-standard paladin before?

thirsting
2015-03-09, 10:57 AM
No. Unless you count Diablo 3 crusader as a non-standard paladin? Tried blackguard in BG2:EE though, but I just can't keep playing evil for very long.

How goes your mission (I'm talking to you, DNA inside the person reading this) to propagate copies of yourself into the world?

Torzini
2015-03-09, 11:41 AM
Terribly, and that's the way I like it. My partner and I never plan to have kids.... Ever.

TBPM, have you ever been in a fist fight?

TheCountAlucard
2015-03-09, 03:07 PM
Regrettably.

When was the last time you dreamed about your teeth falling out?

Trevortni
2015-03-09, 04:39 PM
Oooh, I don't know, I think it's been at least a few months. But now that you mention it, I'm sure the counter will reset tonight....

Have you ever regretted anything you've posted in the giantitp forums?

Peebles
2015-03-10, 07:42 AM
Not really, but there's still plenty of time. I haven't been here long. :smalltongue:

TPBM, do you think there are people living amongst us who are actually robots?

goto124
2015-03-10, 10:11 AM
Considering the amount of time we spend online, maybe we already are :smalltongue:

TPBM, have you ever RP'd a romantic relationship?

Haruki-kun
2015-03-11, 11:25 PM
Never. I RP'd flirting that led to stuff once, but never a full relationship.

Person below me: Did you have breakfast today? What was it?

Silent Justice
2015-03-11, 11:55 PM
Yes. It was THE FLESH OF MY FALLEN FOES cereal and yogurt

Poster below me: Who is your favorite Order of the Stick character?

Torzini
2015-03-12, 03:47 AM
There are many characters I like, but as for favorite, I think it's a tossup between :vaarsuvius: and :belkar:.

TBPM, who is your least favorite Order of the Stick character?

Trevortni
2015-03-12, 11:19 AM
Oooh, that's a tough one. Roy's dad, maybe?

TPBM, do you ever get TPBY and TPAY confused? I mean, is it Above/Below, or Before/After?

zeifly
2015-03-12, 11:50 AM
Not really, I've always used it as above/below. It did take me a while to figure out or when I first saw it though.

Dear PBM,
What was your first DnD character? And did you enjoy playing it?

Inevitability
2015-03-14, 10:30 AM
My first D&D character? Must have been my Warforged Artificer. Sadly, the game was low-magic and roleplay-heavy, two things I really wasn't prepared for. I ended up not enjoying it at all.

TPBM, have you ever read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Dudeons
2015-03-14, 02:41 PM
I got it for Christmas, but I haven't read it yet.

PBM, do you know any languages other than your native language?

Trevortni
2015-03-14, 03:11 PM
I know just enough Spanish and Indonesian to be dangerous.

TPBM, what is your favorite current show on TV?

@V: I've heard of one of those. Sorta is still more than me, I only watch shows online, if they've managed to find their way to my awareness.

TheCountAlucard
2015-03-14, 09:34 PM
I only sorta watch TV; probably Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Regular Show.

Person Below Me, have you played Exalted? Tell me about your character, please. If you haven't, that's okay. :smallsmile:

goto124
2015-03-25, 02:46 AM
Unfortunately, no.

TPBM, how's your druid?

Dudeons
2015-03-25, 12:44 PM
I actually made a 5e druid inspired by Gaara from Naruto, but I haven't gotten the chance to use him anywhere. :smallfrown:

PBM, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Trevortni
2015-03-25, 01:07 PM
Since a woodchuck can't chuck wood, it would seem that a woodchuck could chuck no wood. But if it could be the case that a woodchuck could chuck wood, it would therefore follow that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood, which would be chucked by the woodchuck in a chucking that would occupy the volume of wood chucked by a woodchuck, which would have chucked it from unchucked wood which would have been provided for the purpose of being chucked to provide a comparison for how much wood the woodchuck could have chucked, if the woodchuck could have chucked wood, which would still be less than the how much wood a Chuck Norris would have chucked, if a Chuck Norris would chuck wood; which, while it is plain that a Chuck Norris could chuck wood, most experts agree that a Chuck Norris wouldn't chuck wood without some reason why he would.

TPBM, what is your favorite character you have ever played?

Inevitability
2015-03-25, 03:06 PM
Favorite character? Hm... I am not sure, but I think my slightly insane (lesser) Tiefling wizard necromancer with an unexplained second consciousness in his body was the most fun to play.

TPBM, have you ever read Darths and Droids (http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0001.html)?

Dire Moose
2015-03-25, 09:13 PM
Yes, and I think it's very clever.

What is your favorite prehistoric creature?

thirsting
2015-03-26, 01:15 AM
These beasts. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal) And all the other close relatives. It's sad they all have gone extinct, but at least we had some time together. Have to wonder, what did we and they think of each other back then? Was there trade, co-operation of any sort?

TPBM, when was the last time you helped a stranger? (on your own accord, not because you got compensation for it)

wxdruid
2015-04-13, 11:52 AM
Not really, I don't like talking to people.

TPBM - Are you a people person/extrovert?

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-04-16, 12:44 AM
Yes and no. I am and I am not. So both. I am great with people but I need alone time too. Life is cyclic.

TPBM, can you lick your nose?

TheCountAlucard
2015-04-16, 10:07 AM
No, but you're welcome to give it a shot. :smalltongue:

Have you ever used chocolate bunnies and marshmallow Peeps in a S'more? It's pretty awesome. :smallcool:

Inevitability
2015-04-16, 12:10 PM
No, and I am not planning to.

TPBM, what subforums on this site do you frequent?

Blue Ghost
2015-04-16, 05:22 PM
Used to be a major SMBG player. Nowadays, I just take part in the MTG design contests.

What are you doing right now?

wxdruid
2015-04-16, 06:36 PM
Watching Interstellar where the Father went to a school conference and found out the gov't rewrote the textbooks to turn the moon landing into a fake... :smallyuk:

Which do you like better: cats? dogs? rats? hamsters? ferrets?

Scarlet Knight
2015-04-16, 10:12 PM
Cats. I thought I would be a dog person but the ease of ownership makes cats much better for me.

Are you following the hockey playoffs?

thirsting
2015-04-17, 04:33 AM
No. I completely lack interest in any physical sports, especially the violent ones, like sticktackleskating.

Is sarcasm off-putting to you? Do you still do it anyway?

TheCountAlucard
2015-04-17, 11:37 AM
Only when it's inappropriate. Only when it's inappropriate. :smallwink:

Did I ask you a question?

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-04-17, 04:19 PM
Nah.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Trevortni
2015-04-17, 05:39 PM
*Twitch twitch* You know how it is. *Twitch* You start licking *twitch* Tootsie Pops.... *twitch* trying to get an accurate.... *twitch* count.... Three days later you find yourself locked in your room with.... *twitch* a hammer.... A mound of Tootsie dust.... A bloody *twitch* nose.... And still no BLEEPing clue how many.... how many.... Oh Light, help me, help me some.... somebod.... *breaks down crying*

Was that too overdramatic, do you think?

wxdruid
2015-04-17, 05:50 PM
No, just hilarious

Do you like :smallbiggrin: or :smallcool: more?

Inevitability
2015-04-19, 04:35 AM
I use :smallbiggrin: a bit more.

TPBM, what is the weather right now where you live?

Dr.Orpheus
2015-04-19, 04:50 PM
It is unusually bright and cloudless.

TPBM do you think it was unwise of me to start building hype for the beta test of my friends game as mentioned in my sig? I now realize that if I answer questions that are to specific about the rules then they will likely change by the time the game is finished. However in alpha tests the game is not simple to set up and I want people to have a nation idea in mind before I make a recruitment thread.

@v: Sorry I added one now if it matters, and half my problem may resolve itself if people don't care to ask about it until it's ready.

TheCountAlucard
2015-04-19, 10:59 PM
There's no question mark in that. I'm not sure what part of it to respond to. :smalltongue:

(You could've handled it a little better, I think, but I don't know - I wasn't there.)

TPBM, who's your Favorite Playgrounder?

Targ Collective
2015-04-19, 11:11 PM
Now now. I can't single out one Playgrounder - you're all special.

TPBM, what is *your* avvie's backstory?

goto124
2015-04-20, 12:22 AM
This is Kelcey, my character in the FFRP section of these forums. She used to be Lord Nassah, eldest son of a wealthy and evil family with an equally evil father. He developed his own powers, broke off from the family, went on to earn his own money, and even became rich enough to have his own island. Time skip, and an adventurer (also a PC in these forums) somehow changed him identity, turning him female in the process. Then MMO shenanigans... all before they enter the Nexus.

Why does KC's backstory make so little sense when I try to type it out?

What's your favorite character (could be from a tabletop game, or a novel, or anything), and why?

wxdruid
2015-04-20, 04:59 PM
Spock, he reminds me of my father

What is your favorite book series?

Haruki-kun
2015-04-20, 05:14 PM
Harry Potter, followed by Discworld.

What kind of pizza did you have last?

Trevortni
2015-04-20, 06:30 PM
Stuffed crust pepperoni.

What is the answer to the question you most wish someone would ask you?

Mtnoma
2015-04-20, 10:03 PM
"Yes, you're hired", bit sad but job-hunting is a pain.

TPBM, what is the first rule of the Inquisition?

Dudeons
2015-04-20, 10:34 PM
Rules of the Inquisition

1. You do not talk about the Inquisition.
2. You do NOT talk about the Inquisition.
3. You CAN talk about the Inquisition, but not in an inquisitive manner. That's OUR gimmick, thank you very much.

TPBM, what is the fourth rule of the Inquistion?

Haruki-kun
2015-04-21, 11:25 AM
4. It might be okay to talk about the Inquisition if you really, really, really, really, REALLY want to.

Person below me: When was the last time you cooked something?

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-04-21, 04:08 PM
I am the queen of french toast, so much so that that is what I made for dinner yesterday. No judgement.

TPBM, tell me your deepest darkest publicly-available secret.

thirsting
2015-04-22, 01:02 AM
No. Nope. :smallredface: Can't. Too embarrassing. And luckily that wasn't a question so I don't have to, right?

There's a fire in your apartment/house. You are home alone completely naked. Do you risk your life and try to save some of your dignity by trying to salvage any clothing before rushing out, or do you just leave everything and get the heck out of a burning house right now?

Trevortni
2015-04-22, 01:29 AM
The clothing I grab is purely for the purposes of filtering smoke and grabbing hot doorknobs. Obviously. The fact that I put some of it on its purely coincidental.

Have you ever changed a diaper (if you have any kids, had you ever changed any diapers before having them)?

Targ Collective
2015-04-22, 07:45 AM
Once. Only once.

TPBM, what's *your* avvie's backstory?

Inevitability
2015-04-22, 02:34 PM
As with most oversized/crossbreeded/mutated 'normal' creatures, dire stirges were created by a mad wizard. Said wizard used them for pidgeon racing until his illusion spells wore off mid-race one time.

The angry archmage released all of his creations and travelled to a far and inhospitable plane to be angry. The released stirges spend some time terrifying the local lifestock (and wiping out a low-level adventuring party in the process) but eventually left for distant, mysterious lands.

My avatar is just one amongst them, though he is a bit smarter and rasher. He dreams of learning how to write and creating a guide about various creatures and how delicious their blood is.

TPBM, have you ever participated in any of the optimization contests on these forums? (Zinc Saucier, Junkyard Wars, Iron Chef)

wxdruid
2015-04-22, 06:54 PM
Iron Avatarist, won a few trophies

Do you believe in ghosts?

D20ragon
2015-04-22, 07:13 PM
In a vague sense? I have no firsthand experience, though I know those who have. In general, I'd need more conclusive proof, but I'm not a huge skeptic.

What is, in your opinion, the most satisfying thing to smash to the floor?

goto124
2015-04-22, 09:18 PM
A paladin, especially the Lawful Stupid kinds :D

What's your favorite paladin, cleric or other divine-related character and why?

Dudeons
2015-04-22, 11:13 PM
Since we're on the theme of not-so-good paladins, Kore (http://www.goblinscomic.org/09102005/) is pretty cool. For those of you who don't read Goblins, imagine if Arnold Schwarzenegger was cast as Miko Miyazaki (clumsy Terminator reference is clumsy).

What is the strangest thing you have said on these forums?

Inevitability
2015-04-23, 02:21 PM
Hm... Well, I have said some really weird stuff, but this is what comes to mind first. You probably have to read the thread for context, though. Short version: I optimized a D&D character's name.

Or, to put it in another way, a person has been driven to suicide by Madness, who affected it in life. Allip time!

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

thirsting
2015-04-23, 03:07 PM
Whiskey liquorice ice cream might not be the best taste there is, but it's still one of my favourites. It tastes.... manly.

Who are you? What are you doing here?

wxdruid
2015-04-23, 06:31 PM
Posting in silly message board threads

Do you watch Doctor Who? Which one is your favorite?

D20ragon
2015-04-23, 11:27 PM
I don't, no. I'm often told I should... :smallredface:

Is there hope? And if so, what's holding it up?

Haruki-kun
2015-04-24, 10:04 AM
Yes, there is. Cats. Cats are nice.

Person below me: What is the last sentence you heard spoken?

wxdruid
2015-04-24, 04:56 PM
An ad on tv for the annoyance of 6 flags

Do you watch Jeopardy?

Inevitability
2015-04-25, 02:28 PM
No. I don't even know if it's broadcasted where I live.

If cybernetic limb improvements were available, would you get one?

Trevortni
2015-04-25, 05:32 PM
No, there's no way in the world I could afford one. Now, if it was affordable on the other hand.... Well, there would still be a lot of things more important, so what's merely cool would have to wait.... :-( Stupid being a responsible adult....

Do you consider yourself a responsible adult?

Targ Collective
2015-04-25, 09:32 PM
I'm invisible!

What's *your* avvie's backstory, PBM?

TheCountAlucard
2015-04-25, 09:45 PM
Do you mean what's Alucard's backstory, or what's my reasoning for dressing him up as a Setite?

Alucard's a creation of Kouta Hirano, he's a vampire who hunts other vampires (and presumably other supernaturals such as werewolves and leprechauns); some time ago, the Avatar Theme Week was "Masquerade Week," so I had the wonderful Gnomish Wanderer make up an Alucard avatar for each vampire clan.

Which vampire clan is your favorite?

Inevitability
2015-05-04, 02:25 PM
What's a vampire clan? :smalltongue: (I'm sorry!)

TPBM, if you could gain absolute mastery over one of the four classical elements, which one would you choose?

Lex-Kat
2015-05-04, 05:13 PM
Water. It's the most versatile, in my opinion.

TPBM: What is your favorite childhood cartoon?

Trevortni
2015-05-06, 12:53 AM
I was always fond of Turbo Teen. It was about a teenager who could turn into a car. Maybe not the greatest cartoon (or concept, even), but I thought the idea was cool. Maybe not my favorite cartoon necessarily, but it's what my brain dredged up in response to the question, so it'll have to do.

Have you ever wanted to be a spy?

thirsting
2015-05-06, 01:08 AM
No. I don't have plot armor to survive Black Widow / James bond -esque action and lack the nerve for more realistic, silent and patient spying. Too much pressure. I'd rather be some other kind of superpowerless superhero.

What would be your dream job, and is there any chance you might get it someday?

TheCountAlucard
2015-05-14, 06:25 PM
Doing what I want, when I want, how I want. Not likely that I'll get that. :smalltongue:

What's your favorite Pokémon?

Dudeons
2015-05-14, 09:26 PM
Nuzleaf. When I was a little kid, I had one that knew Giga Drain and Bullet Seed, and I always thought it was cool (I was a dumb little kid and didn't understand Type Effectiveness very well).

PBM, how tough are you?

D20ragon
2015-05-14, 10:15 PM
Tough enough to deal with stuff, and to remain unashamed of that rhyme. But yeah, life tends to hit me smack dab in the gut, so I have to suck it up. One note, though: I really hate being tough, and if I'm in a situation where I have to endure a lot of anything I really just want to get a hug and rock back and forth.

PBM, what do you think about your current place of residence?

thirsting
2015-05-14, 10:57 PM
It's a walking distance away from everything important, near a center of small city. Very convenient for someone without a car. Also, the house is very high value for it's cheapo monthly cost, because it's rented from student housing organisation. We even have a sauna! Luxury!

What do you do on looonngg (3 hours+) bus/train trips?

Lex-Kat
2015-05-14, 11:02 PM
Read a good novel.

TPBM: What's your favorite video game, at the moment?

Inevitability
2015-05-15, 03:29 AM
Scrolls, from Mojang. It's a board/card game with a lot of tactical potential. The only downside is that not many people play it.

TPBM, do you like Minecraft?

zeifly
2015-05-15, 05:38 AM
I do find it a rather enjoyable game yes. I don't play that much though.

PBM, what's your favorite type of music?

Gadora
2015-05-17, 10:39 PM
I rather like folk music.

TPBM, what is your favorite fictional setting?

Inevitability
2015-05-18, 02:22 PM
Eberron. It's got robots, lost civilizations, ancient evils, shapeshifters, magic, airships, trains, crazily guarded prisons, crazy druids, dinosaurs...

TPBM, do you have any pets?

Lex-Kat
2015-05-18, 02:48 PM
Three, a dog (Harley) and two cats (Schmoo & Squeaker).

TPBM: Do you have a job, if so what is it?

thirsting
2015-05-19, 01:28 AM
TPBM: Do you have a job, if so what is it?

Yes. Official title just changed to something approximating "games master", which just sounds silly. Mostly it means I'm a croupier, the person running cards table or roulette, and sometimes behind the cashier's desk.

TPBM, what's your stance on facial hair?

TheCountAlucard
2015-05-19, 05:35 AM
It exists.

What is Netflix presently pressuring you to peruse?

Trevortni
2015-05-20, 06:25 PM
Every Barney video known to man. Seriously, I had no idea Barney had so many movies.

Which of the Twelve Days of Christmas would you most like to be on the receiving end of?

Lex-Kat
2015-05-20, 06:38 PM
All the birds can fly the coop, the gold rings are too garish. The Lords a-leaping would be annoying, and the pipes and drums would give me a headache. So it's down to either the Ladies Dancing or the Milking Maids.

And while it'd be nice to have all that milk, I think I'd best go with the dancing ladies. It'd be a nice relaxing entertainment for a while, and then I'd always have pleasant memories.

TPBM: High Fantasy or Science Fiction?

zeifly
2015-05-21, 04:45 PM
While I do enjoy a good Sci-Fi adventure, I'd have to say Fantasy. I just love being a gnomish spellcaster that can rain arcane destruction upon my foes! :D

TPBM: What is your fondest memory of DnD?

@V: xD that's pretty cool!

Gadora
2015-05-21, 06:46 PM
Our fortress was infiltrated by a tibbit warlock spy whose work resulted in us losing quite a bit of treasure that we had stashed away. The tibbit fled upon being outed (they didn't act sufficiently like a cat) and in the process of checking the other cats in our fortress, one of our followers got blinded and another got a broken arm. None of the remaining cats were tibbits. That whole campaign was pretty amazing. (We also did a raid on a house, with four different entry points. One came through the door, two of us went through upstairs windows, and one came up from under the floor.)

TPBM: Have you dreamed lately?

TheCountAlucard
2015-05-21, 08:35 PM
I have, but I'm afraid this one's too X-rated to share… :smallredface:

TPBM: Seashell bras, on mermaids! Silly or not-silly?

@V: Never said it was sexy, Lexy. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2015-05-21, 11:05 PM
Completely silly. Can you imagine just how annoying those things would be. They'd cut, they'd chafe... Just ouch! Imagine a seashell on your little "man". Not so sexy, is it. :smallyuk:

What's your favorite flavor shake?

5a Violista
2015-05-22, 12:59 AM
Anything that's tropical-flavored, especially passion-fruit. Passion-fruit is sooooo delicious! Definitely!

Cellos or violas? (I ask because someone I just made friends with today is a cellist.)

Kneenibble
2015-06-10, 11:19 AM
While the cello is passionately exquisite, I have a greater love for the underdog viola. I like when it speaks up on its own: it has the voice of an elegant young man.

Do you play an instrument? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Silent_Interim
2015-06-11, 02:00 AM
Eh. Sort of. I moved countries recently, and lack the energy to pick the damn thing up again. It's a harp, for reference.

What is your stance on sleep?

2015-06-11, 03:11 AM
Sleep is for the weak...which apparently includes me. Oh well...

What's your dream career?

Lex-Kat
2015-06-11, 03:02 PM
I had always dreamed of being a basketball player. I always pictured myself playing a more defensive game, like David Robinson or Dennis Rodman.

TPBM: If they were to discover that a magical/mythical creature actually existed either presently or in the past, what would it be?

Socksy
2015-06-11, 04:22 PM
A dragon! :D

What's your favourite number?

Silent_Interim
2015-06-11, 04:53 PM
I honestly have very few strong feelings about any numbers. 111, 666, 7, 42, and Pi are all kinda okay, I guess.

What are your thoughts on thoughts?

Targ Collective
2015-06-12, 03:55 PM
If you don't process them but just let them *be* then they can flow so swiftly that you grow in intellect really fast.

PBM, what is the backstory to *your* avatar?

TheCountAlucard
2015-06-13, 04:57 PM
I used the Alucard name on this and other forums before I'd even heard of Hellsing; however, after becoming familiar with Hellsing, I decided I liked the character. Phase was kind enough to make me some Alucard avatars, and since then, I've asked avatarists for Alucard in various outfits or otherwise themed up.

The awesome Gnomish Wanderer made no less than thirteen avatars for me for Masquerade Week, one for each vampire clan - this one is a Follower of Set.

Hey, you! What do you want for dinner?

Gadora
2015-06-16, 09:33 AM
I'd love some General Tso's chicken.

Most esteemed person below me, what is the earliest GitP thread you remember participating in, just off the top of your head?

Lex-Kat
2015-06-16, 01:19 PM
Who doesn't like General Tso's chicken? Anyway....

The earliest I can remember are long deleted Kiss/Kill games, where I developed my favorite character, Princess Lexington III (she's the one holding the cake, btw).

TPBM: If you were stranded on a spaceship, what three movies would you want with you?

thirsting
2015-06-16, 04:03 PM
Aliens (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090605/), Solaris (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307479/?ref_=nv_sr_2) (The new, Clooney version), aaaand... Moon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/?ref_=nv_sr_3). Not only because they are thematic, but because they are good movies. Yes, even Solaris, IMO.

Poster below me, what are you good at?

TheCountAlucard
2015-06-19, 07:15 PM
I can talk as easily breathing in as I can breathing out (though admittedly my voice doesn't carry as far when I do).

Have you ever tried it?

Silent_Interim
2015-06-20, 12:14 AM
Tried what? The breathing-talking thing? Yeah. I wasn't aware of it as a thing that other people can't do until recently. If you're talking about trying something else, then... possibly.

PBM: What type of natural scenery do you prefer?

Lex-Kat
2015-06-20, 05:06 AM
I like watching Tornadoes from a distance. Or slow-moving lava flows. I don't know why such destructive forces entrance me, I certainly don't enjoy the way they destroy lives. :smallfrown:

What was the name of your first pet, and what was it?

@V Like the cat's name. :smallsmile:

2015-06-20, 06:31 PM
Smudge, a black cat who was always older than me.

How often do you work out?

5a Violista
2015-06-21, 01:46 AM
That would depend what your definition of "work out" is: if playing sports and doing martial arts and running for fun count, it's a couple of times per week. If it's going to the gym and doing exercises for the sake of doing exercises, then...never.

To the person who is unfortunate enough to have been below me: Let's say you went to a musical with a friend, only to find out that that friend brought a date, making you feel like a third wheel; what would you do to get over that awkward feeling?

Scarlet Knight
2015-06-21, 07:26 AM
Easy enough, we've all been third wheels on occasion. Next time you go somewhere with your friend, ask if anyone else's going. When he asks "why", you explain your discomfort over the musical.

What are your Father's Day plans?

TheCountAlucard
2015-06-21, 10:10 AM
Already did 'em - cooked potatoes in the skillet, scrambled eggs over them, then threw a fistful of cheese on the top before serving them to him with turkey bacon and toast.

How about you, TPBM? Doing anything for your dad?

Prince Zahn
2015-07-22, 04:16 PM
I didn't celebrate father's day, but his birthday was shortly afterwards, so we went out to dinner and picked up the bill before he did:smallsmile:

Oh my lord, TPBM! I-I just can't believe it! What–how are you doing that thing with your hair? I MUST know!

@Lex. I do, even without seeing a picture. Hair salon magic is amazing

Lex-Kat
2015-07-22, 07:28 PM
Oh it's not that hard. I paid a hairdresser to do this. Do you like it? :smallwink:

TPBM, what are you doing for lunch October 7th?

2015-07-22, 07:57 PM
My significant other, possibly.

TPBM, do you brush your teeth before or after meals?

101jir
2015-07-22, 11:30 PM
Depends. Too often not at all.

TPBM what has happened here in the last 5 or so years that I have been gone?

TheCountAlucard
2015-07-22, 11:59 PM
Um, I missed ya?

Other folks have come onto the stage as well, and others have danced off it.

TPBM, any better answers?

Lex-Kat
2015-07-23, 12:50 AM
101jir!! I did miss you. *hugs*

Werewolf is doing horribly. Though on occasion there is some excitement, and people start playing again. How and where have you been? Wait, don't answer that, TPBM. This one's for you....

TPBM, how have you been? :smallsmile:

Prince Zahn
2015-07-23, 01:03 AM
Quite well. Working hard, trying to lose a lil weight.:smallsmile: had a mini crisis for a week or so where it hurt me to eat - especially fruits and veggies. Got to a point where I was afraid of eating more than a third of my plate (on top of a 1500 calorie per day program). Took a bunch of tests, but in the end it turns out I just ate too much dietary fiber, which came to me by surprise given how much nutritionists love to push that stuff on your plate.:smalleek:

TPBM, has anything a health professional recommended you proved to be counterproductive when you tried it?

Dire Moose
2015-07-23, 01:08 AM
Can't think of anything quite like that, but I've had plenty of cases where I've had a problem, went to a doctor to get it checked, the doctor couldn't figure out what it was so he sent me to a specialist, who did a bunch of tests and said the medical equivalent of "i dunno lol"

And then the problem usually just went away on its own. Of course, the resulting bills couldn't disappear so easily. :smallyuk:

How will the world end?

TheCountAlucard
2015-07-23, 02:22 AM
With a whimper and a bang!

PBM, wanna play Exalted?

Inevitability
2015-07-23, 08:01 AM
I'm sorry. At the moment, I'm running one campaign, playing in another, and trying to get some halfway decent homebrew up. Learning how to play a completely new game system isn't something I really want to do right now.

TPBM, are you listening to music while answering this question?

thirsting
2015-07-23, 08:29 AM
No. All I can hear is the faint hum of air conditioning. But right now The Number of the Beast started playing in my head. I've had worse earworms. (not sure if that idiom even works in English, and can't be bothered to check with phone..)

TPBM, do you get ninjaed often?

Orm-Embar
2015-07-23, 09:37 AM
Not often, but then I don't post all that much. It has happened though. Much respect, ninjas.

TPBM, what's your position on mathematics - love it, hate it, indifferent, what?

Prince Zahn
2015-07-23, 10:01 AM
I love math, I apply it in my day-to-day life, but I don't wish to make a career out of it.

TPBM, what is your dream job?

101jir
2015-07-23, 10:06 AM
Hard to tell between being a racing driver and being a pilot, in terms of overall pleasure. To be honest, though, I wouldn't be satisfied with any job outside of the humanities, which is why I am finishing up my degree as a special education teacher.

TPBM could you tell me whatever became of World Espionage in structured games? Is it still going?

TheCountAlucard
2015-07-23, 11:57 AM
No idea, not one for Structured Games.

Can you hear how the children weep?
(Chills of fear like a sawblade cutting deep!)

Prince Zahn
2015-07-30, 03:05 PM
Thankfully not :smalleek:

TPBM, what is the thing that irks you more than all other things?

@vYes, that was the spell checker talking:smallredface:

Lex-Kat
2015-07-30, 07:20 PM
:smallconfused: Perhaps you mean irks? Lazy co-workers who feel they don't need to do anything more once I walk through the door. :smallmad:

TPBM: Have you ever offered your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Inevitability
2015-07-31, 05:18 AM
No! Why would I do that? I like my throat!

TPBM, what is your favorite edition of D&D?

2015-07-31, 05:31 AM
5e for gameplay, 3.5 for theorycrafting.

Do you have any scars? If so, how did you get them?

thirsting
2015-07-31, 07:06 AM
Yes. I'd rather not share the story behind them though.

TPBM, do you think there's realistically ever going to be a permanent human colony somewhere, anywhere outside of Earth?

Mythaos
2015-07-31, 08:49 AM
Hmm. I suppose it depends if the sort of setup we have in Antarctica counts. Because I could see that getting going as a thing on the Moon. I don't think that really counts, though, so I'll say no.

TBPM, what is the best food you've ever eaten?

Prince Zahn
2015-07-31, 02:04 PM
I'd say it's Chocolate Mouse *licks lips*. We have a recipe in my family but my mother stopped making it after I turned 14 or so. If I knew how to cook I would probably make it myself all day long, but it might be for the best that I don't because I wouldn't forgive myself if I would one day find out I have diabetes.

TPBM, what would you say is your best quality?

Lex-Kat
2015-07-31, 06:57 PM
Hmm. Well, I do get lots of compliments for my long, thick, beautiful hair. Also, I am a rather polite pixie, usually. :smallsmile:

TPBM, same question, what would you say is your best quality?

TheCountAlucard
2015-07-31, 08:27 PM
Oh, no, all my qualities are bad, I can assure you. :smallamused:

Favorite Kenny Loggins song?

Orm-Embar
2015-07-31, 09:47 PM
None of them.

Read the book or watch the movie?

Mythaos
2015-08-01, 02:23 AM
Read the book. It's better, guaranteed. Only exceptions are books based on movies, don't read those.

TBPM, what genre do you enjoy reading most?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-01, 04:28 AM
Historical fiction, but I'm not an avid reader.

TPBM, do you have a lucky number? What is it?:smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2015-08-01, 04:34 AM
Yes. 13.

TPBM, what is or was your favorite subject in school?

2015-08-01, 05:34 AM
Mathematics by far. I've always had a head for numbers, and I found understanding complex calculus to be enjoyably challenging.

What's your favorite thing to drink?

Mythaos
2015-08-01, 09:10 AM
Cold, cold water. Cold enough that it has just enough of a taste to be noticeable, while still "bland" enough that the wetness and coolness take center stage.

TBPM, what was the last non-grocery thing you physically bought, as opposed to online?

101jir
2015-08-01, 02:07 PM
Life vests. Was going to go kayaking, but we forgot to bring the ones from home. Just as well, those life vests were getting old anyway.

TPBM do you know when the last Diplomacy game was?

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-01, 08:37 PM
Nope.

Favorite food to pair with macaroni and cheese?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-01, 09:54 PM
If by pair you mean to mix in with: Tuna and Broccoli. If you mean to eat along with: I usually pair it with Baked Chicken Breasts.

TPBM: What is your favorite role-playing game?

Inevitability
2015-08-02, 02:52 AM
D&D. 5th edition, to be specific.

TPBM, how are you?

thirsting
2015-08-02, 05:33 AM
I'm having hangover symptoms despite not drinking last night.. or for the last few months for that matter. Not fair!

Pssst, TPBM! Can you be trusted?

101jir
2015-08-02, 07:48 AM
The truth: Check
The whole truth: Nope
Nothing but the truth: Check (most of the time).

Well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad :smallamused:.

TPBM Do you have a professional job?

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-02, 10:50 AM
That would be nice, but no. :smallsigh:

Be honest… is that your natural hair color?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-02, 12:08 PM
No. :smallredface: I'm a brunette.

TPBM, why do men always ask such things?

2015-08-02, 02:01 PM
It can say a lot about a person to find out what they're trying to change/lie about themselves.

What's your favorite scary movie?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-02, 04:47 PM
I can't say I'm a horror movie butt (usually anything but!) but I did like that movie Dorian Gray, based on Oscar Wilde's namesake book. I could somehow cope with the concept, but had I watched the movie a year before I did, I'd have nightmares.

TPBM, do you ever get bad dreams? What about pleasant dreams?

Mythaos
2015-08-02, 07:41 PM
I rarely remember my dreams, and when I do they're not so much bad or pleasant as they are stories. They haven't featured me since I was 11~12, so that helps ward against nightmares.

TPBM, what non-human race do you find yourself playing most often?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-02, 09:12 PM
Kender/3e & beyond halflings. I like how small, quick, and awesome they are.

TPBM, if you could have but one candy for the rest of your life, what would it be?

2015-08-02, 10:58 PM
Depends on how wide your definition of "candy" is. In any case, probably skittles, but only if Ice Cream isn't candy (which it shouldn't be).

When's the last time you watched a Disney movie and legitimately enjoyed it? Asking as a person who loves Disney movies.

101jir
2015-08-03, 12:30 AM
Probably the last Disney movie I saw, whatever that was. Probably Robin Hood (the anthropomorphic cartoon).

TPBM What child/family movie/series do you enjoy (secretly or otherwise)?

Orm-Embar
2015-08-03, 09:26 AM
I've enjoyed just about all of the animation that makes it into theaters for years now, whether Pixar, Disney or whatever. There's some self selection going on there as I won't bother going to see something that looks mediocre. And some of the ones I've liked best haven't had as much commercial success as others. Rango, The Croods, Epic, Paranorman, I'm looking at you.

TPBM, have you ever learned something in school and then found out from other sources that it was incomplete, wrong, misleading, untrue?

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-03, 01:32 PM
Yes. Depressingly often.

Let's go eat, TPBM - where do you wanna go?

Mythaos
2015-08-03, 03:12 PM
Urgh, I hate choosing. You pick, just not somewhere that does Asian or Mexican food.

Honey on PB&J sandwiches: yes/no?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-03, 03:37 PM
It doesn't do much for me, but I'd eat it.

TPBM, could you share with us one of your pleasant childhood memories, please?

thirsting
2015-08-03, 06:25 PM
Okay... I remember playing hockey by myself (indoors, with a tiny hockey stick and puck). I passed the puck to myself, commentating with excited sports commentator voice, using friends' and relatives' names for all the imaginary players (that were all me). That was the most FUN thing four year old me could do alone. Don't think I accidentally broke anything, either.

TPBM, what makes home a home?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-03, 07:13 PM
Home is where you feel comfortable being, with either fond memories, loved ones, and/or just safety and peace of mind. Not every place you live is a home. Home is not just a place where you lay your hat. It's not where the heart is, or any other such cliché. It cannot be a cardboard box where you cannot sleep comfortably because you fear harassment or worse every night. It cannot be a one night stand's home, where you plan to leave after a night of happiness (hopefully for both parties). But, that's just my thoughts on it.

TPBM: If you could live anywhere on Earth (besides your current place of residence), without worry about costs or anything else that would normally preclude you from living there, where would you live?

Inevitability
2015-08-04, 03:19 AM
Hm... Perhaps Tokio, because I like big cities and Tokio is about as big as it can get. That, or London.

TPBM, what is the furthest from home you have ever been?

Elenna
2015-08-04, 08:44 AM
Well, I visited China last year, which is literally the other side of the world from my home in Canada.

TPBM, what is your dream job?

Mythaos
2015-08-04, 08:48 AM
I'd love to write novels for a living. Or, if we're doing a job I've dreamed about, reading novels for a living. Not editing, just reading them.

TPBM, how long does it take you to fully wake up in the morning?

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-04, 09:34 AM
Considering I work the night shift, I don't typically wake up in the morning; rather, it's when I go to bed.

That said, I do take a while to fully wake up.

How would you like scrambled eggs for breakfast?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-04, 09:38 AM
@Thirsting it sounds like a delightful memory, thanks!

AHHHH! Ninja attack!
But yes, scrambled eggs would be lovely, thank you. Can you throw in a few walnuts, too? I find they go well together to my taste.

TPBM, you know that feeling when you have a question that nobody wants to answer directly, because they figure it's common knowledge or that you.should learn it in your own?

Orm-Embar
2015-08-04, 06:54 PM
Can't say that I know that feel, no. I usually get answers one way or another. Or refuse to ask and go find out the hard way, sometimes.

TPBM, do you have a short list of authors (or producers? directors? y'know, those visual types) whose output you will always read or watch?

Gadora
2015-08-04, 07:59 PM
Ursula Vernon, Brandon Sanderson, C.J. Cherryh. It is a rather short list.

TPBM, what was the last short story that you read?

2015-08-04, 08:22 PM
It had no title, no more than two named characters, and no real plot beyond the picture it was trying to tell the story of...which was, shall I say, less than totally SFW.

It occurs to me that I should read more...

Anyway! TPBM: what's your least favorite color, and do you have any particular reason why?

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-05, 03:02 AM
Every color is great.

What was the last thing you ever stole?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-05, 07:24 AM
A telephone. But, in my defense, they were going to throw it away anyway.

TPBM, what is the first thing you remember stealing?

101jir
2015-08-05, 08:21 AM
I don't recall stealing anything as a child, save perhaps sibling stuff. Even there it wouldn't be really stealing, as we weren't sure who's stuff was who's half the time.

TPBM Have you played many RPGs on the forums?

Mythaos
2015-08-05, 08:59 AM
Not one, given that this account is only a week or so old.

TBPM, what did you think of Interstellar?

2015-08-05, 09:11 AM
Haven't seen it or looked fir summaries, so...it has space in it? And space is...cool?

Are you fascinated by open flames, even just a little bit?

Elenna
2015-08-05, 10:27 AM
Maybe just a little.

TPBM, if you were given the opportunity to spend a week on the International Space Station, would you take it?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-05, 11:06 AM
I would if I could; but I can't, so I won't.

TPBM, what is the goofiest spelling "correction" your device(s) has ever produced?

Orm-Embar
2015-08-05, 12:15 PM
My phone turned someone's name into "Stupid". When I was trying to converse with them. Followed by frantic apologies. And that's when I learned to shut off autocorrect.

TPBM, would you rather go camping or hit the gym? (or something else instead?)

2015-08-05, 03:46 PM
I'm not a huge fan of camping, and I've been thinking that I really need to hit the gym more often, so...gym.

What's the last video game you played?

Mythaos
2015-08-05, 04:29 PM
Team Fortress 2, trying to figure out which class I haven't played a full round with yet.

TPBM, what did you have for lunch last Friday?

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-05, 09:41 PM
"Lunch" as the meal eaten in the middle of the day, or "lunch" as the middle meal eaten in a time spent awake?

I work the night shift, so on Fridays I seldom eat a meal in the middle of the day - I typically eat something in the early evening before I leave for work, or something when I get to work but before I clock in; I eat during my lunch break; sometimes I eat when I get home from work in the morning.

As such, the answer to your question is either "nothing," or "a can of either Chef Boyardee or Dinty Moore beef stew - I already can't remember which."

What's your soft drink of choice?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-06, 12:47 AM
It depends on phases of the moon. If I get a choice of colas, I usually choose Royal Crown or Dr. Pepper. I used to like Mountain Dew, but I have slowly weaned myself from it, and am almost not addicted to it's yummy taste.

TPBM, how do you prefer your steaks? Preferably asked to an omnivore.

2015-08-06, 02:10 AM
Medium Rare, and for this reason I can't ever go back to Chiles. I've gone there alone and in groups, including with other people ordering medium rare, to multiple Chiles locations, and I have never, not even once, received a steak that Medium Rare; even when it gets sent back, it either comes back on the upper range of rare or the lower range of medium, and it's never actually medium rare. The only explanation besides "Chiles hires cooks who are incredibly inconsistent" is "in every Chiles location, the corporate big wigs have had a picture of my face posted with the caption 'never cook this guys steak right', for some reason".

And no, I'm not paranoid.

Have you ever been to the ocean?

Mythaos
2015-08-06, 07:10 AM
Yep. Pacific and Atlantic, though I was so young at the Pacific that I don't remember it. I've also been to the Gulf of Mexico a few times, if that counts.

TBPM, have you ever been to the Rocky Mountains?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-06, 07:21 AM
Not if memory serves, no. Maybe someday I will.

Dear TPBM, where have you always wanted to go?
Peace and Love,
PZ.

thirsting
2015-08-06, 07:39 AM
Someplace where I could see the Earth from above. Way high. ISS for example.

What should you be doing right now instead of reading this forum, TPBM? You procrastinator you.

2015-08-06, 07:43 AM
Sleeping, considering I instead stayed up all night before I need to work all day. It'll be fine, probably.

Have you ever written any fanfiction?

DungeonMaster77
2015-08-06, 09:30 AM
No. No, I'm not. My wife's fascination, though, I believe borders on pyrophilia...

How excited are you about the release of Fallout 4?

101jir
2015-08-06, 10:38 AM
Not at all, I don't play Fallout. I am looking forward to Hearts of Iron 4 though! This really looks like it will be the version for me when it comes out. Well, that and Oculus Rift. It can be purchased company direct as a beta right now, but consumer release is first quarter 2016.

TPBM If you are looking forward to something being released 2016 or later, what is it?

Gadora
2015-08-06, 11:10 AM
Book three of The Stormlight Archive, by Brandon Sanderson. I started waiting for book ten of that series (it's planned to be two sets of five) right after finishing book one, back in 2010. There has been much waiting. I'm kind of getting excited, just thinking about some of the things from book two, and... grah, it's good.

Pardon me, TPBM, but may I ask what is the first song to come to mind?

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-06, 11:37 AM
"The Riddle." Nik Kershaw's version, or Gigi D'agostino's, I like both.

Which of the classical elements is your favorite?

Mythaos
2015-08-06, 03:28 PM
Hmm. An interesting question. Each has much to recommend it. Fire brings images of energy and passion, while also suggesting chaos and destruction. Air bespeaks serenity and surrealism, and has the advantage of being breathable. Water is full of depth and hidden power, while also being the subject of some of the greatest music ever composed. Earth has solidity and dependability, but also underground horrors. Basically, this is a tough question, and one I might think about too much. I think, in the end, I have to go with Water.

TBPM, who's your favorite author?

Orm-Embar
2015-08-06, 05:16 PM
That's a tough one. Let's start by eliminating the English major list - Shakespeare, Blake and so on. In the modern era, sci fi/fantasy genre, I'm going to go with Roger Zelazny, with John Gardner a close second. Dashiell Hammett for detective fiction. If I have to limit it to those who are still among the living, then Glen Cook. In the interest of trying to simply answer the question and not write a listicle, I'll just note there are many more and stop there.

TPBM, what's your favorite martial art, martial artist and/or martial arts movie?

2015-08-06, 07:36 PM
That's a tough one. Let's start by eliminating the English major list - Shakespeare, Blake and so on. In the modern era, sci fi/fantasy genre, I'm going to go with Roger Zelazny, with John Gardner a close second. Dashiell Hammett for detective fiction. If I have to limit it to those who are still among the living, then Glen Cook. In the interest of trying to simply answer the question and not write a listicle, I'll just note there are many more and stop there.

TPBM, what's your favorite martial art, martial artist and/or martial arts movie?

Jackie Chan from basically anything he's in. I particularly liked the Drunken Master movie.

EDIT: Have you ever smoked? If so, how long?

101jir
2015-08-06, 08:58 PM
Never smoked and I never intend to. Just about to finish college, so having the information about just how dangerous and addicting that stuff is helps.

TPBM do you have any bad habits that you care to share?

Elenna
2015-08-06, 10:47 PM
Well, for one thing, playing silly message board games when I really should be sleeping.:smalltongue:

TPBM, are you a morning bird or a night owl?

DungeonMaster77
2015-08-06, 10:59 PM
I am, as you may tell from the time of this post, a night owl, although, if I had my preference, I'd like to be an early riser.

So, TPBM, have you read/listened to the complete Eragon cycle? It's a wonderful book series, and I'm listening to the final book right now. I'm curious.

2015-08-06, 11:23 PM
I read it, and my only complaint is that it set my expectation s for the Truenamer higher than was likely realistic. It's great.

What's your dream career?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-07, 12:13 AM
When I was but a wee lass, I dreamed of being President of the U.S. of A. Not so sure I want the job now. :smallannoyed:

TPBM, I ask but a simple question: What did you do last Friday that was so fun?

Inevitability
2015-08-07, 01:52 AM
Last friday? Probably saying goodbye to relatives and friends before going on holiday.

Do you like the fact Flumphs made it to the 5e monster manual?

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-07, 07:27 AM
I could care less. Just not much less.

What's your favorite "race" of demon? Dretches and succubi, Erythmanoi and stomach-bottle bugs, which do you enjoy?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-07, 03:26 PM
I like the Babau in 3.5. They are nasty, slimy critters that I always thought could one day be neat to fight, especially if we have a grappler in the party:smalltongue:

Angels or Fiends, TPBM, which would you rather see in an piece of art? (Your choice of the kind of art.)

Lex-Kat
2015-08-07, 09:19 PM
@ ^^: I like Alu-Demons from 2e.

Angels, in any kind of art. They are usually very beautiful to behold, and I like looking at beautiful things.

TPBM: When was the last time you shaved?

2015-08-08, 12:21 AM
Ugh, months. I keep trying to let it grow out, keep convincing myself that it'll look decent when it grows out, and it never does. Not once. But I don't want to shave it, because it could still grow into it, maybe even tomorrow. Maybe I should shave...

What's your favorite potato chip (by brand and flavor, if applicable)?

Inevitability
2015-08-08, 02:39 AM
Lay's potato chips, I think.

TPBM, how often do you visit GitP?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-08, 04:26 AM
Usually whenever I have free time and not pursuing other hobbies. I try to view subscriptions as soon as I am notified/ASAIC.

TPBM, please share a "pearl of wisdom" from your social or romantic life status or history. Nothing overtly personal, just wisdom or advice.

TheCountAlucard
2015-08-09, 08:07 AM
No matter how weird your preferences are, you're sure to find someone who's okay with them.

What's your favorite mythological/fantasy "species" that's generally depicted as mostly or entirely female?

(Examples: sirens, pixies, succubi, naiads, dryads, mermaids, hags, medusas)

Orm-Embar
2015-08-09, 08:34 AM
Amazons.

TPBM, favorite band and/or genre of music?

101jir
2015-08-09, 09:15 AM
It has changed over time. For a while it was Powerman5000 (you can probably still see that in my long sing, not sure if I changed that though). Never completely lost my interest in hard rock though. I have moved some from hard rock to electronic, so right now I listen to a lot of Waterflame. My favorite song would have to be Blast Processing atm, but Waterflame's songs are so good that it is hard to be sure of any favorite.

TPBM what's your favorite song?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-09, 01:35 PM
"I Gotta Be Me" by Sammy Davis Jr. It should be in everyone's playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLlCxK0pHY

TPBM, what is your favorite Final Fantasy game/variation?

Prince Zahn
2015-08-09, 01:47 PM
That'll be FF Tactics A2 for NDS.:smallsmile: it was really fun until I got stuck in the FINAL QUEST and have up because it expected me to optimize.

PBM, what are your personal views on optimization as a gaming tool?

2015-08-09, 05:46 PM
It helps conserve the immersion when a character that's supposed to be good at something is actually laughably bad at that thing. On the other hand, if you're far more powerful and/or versatile than the rest of the group, your cvharacter would have no reason to hang out with them unless for the amusement of watching them struggle. Whatever char-op level is appropriate to the group is the level you should employ, or the resulting imbalance of power (and the bad feelings that result from it) are on you.

Have you ever taken prescription medicine on a long-term basis? And if so, for what (if you're comfortable answering this extra question)?

Elenna
2015-08-09, 07:56 PM
I took antibiotics for a week or so after having my wisdom teeth out, does that count?

TPBM, what do you think of e-books?

Lex-Kat
2015-08-09, 08:24 PM
I can see the merit in them, but they are not for me. I like the feel of reading a good book... that has paper.

TPBM, what do you think of Pixies?

Orm-Embar
2015-08-09, 09:16 PM
That depends on the individual. As long as they're not judgmental towards dragons and necromancers, we usually get along pretty well.

TPBM, would you rather live on an island, on a lake, or far inland? Does it need to be a defensible position?