PDA

View Full Version : Want A Crossover? Horror

ArlEammon
2014-11-06, 02:23 PM
Just outside the Dark Tower

Eventually, the Dark Tower's mysterious voices overwhelmed the countryside of the small island. Evil presences could be felt all the way to the boom town that was set up on the coast of the island to the East, yet at the same time, the protected town of St. Herbert shielded the people from the horrifying presence of the Crimson King. His power was weakening but it was still greater than many god's. This is not our world, though it IS Earth.

This is an island, in a world somewhere in the many levels of the Dark Tower. A mysterious voice led Roland here, where several other figures stood in the field of roses. Saint Herbert's rose garden. . . prevented evil from leaving the tower. A mysterious old man dressed in a cloak, and an old fashioned robe sat on a large grey rock while staring at the assembled people there.

SirAshley
2014-11-06, 09:57 PM
The voice was still echoing in his head, calling to him on some subliminal, primal level. He couldn't understand why he was drawn here, but once again, he stood in the field of roses, looking upon the looming, titanic tower of ebony before him. He felt as if he has been here countless times before, and at the same time that it was the first time he had ever laid eyes upon the Tower. Something was different, this time, he could sense it. Or could he really sense it? How could something be different, if he had never experienced it before?

Regardless of the conflicting feelings about the Dark Tower before him, Roland Deschain stood before it, the guns of his father resting on his sides, their long, blue-steeled barrels glinting in the sunlight. The gunslinger's hands caress the worn sandalwood grips idly for a moment, before he looks around at the others gathered here with light blue eyes. He doesn't make any move to acknowledge them, instead simply noting their presence, and that of the old man sitting in front of them.

ArlEammon
2014-11-06, 10:55 PM
"Born in sin, come on in. Yes, as lame as I know my catch phrase is, it still excites me in an immature, Kindergarden-ish level". Linoge stated, raising his hood to reveal wolfish eyes, with a pronounced dental structure that was easily still Human, but still prominent. Linoge's facial hair was reminiscent of Victorian era mutton chops, and somewhere in his robe pocket he still possessed a monocle. "Roland, and friends, and also Roland, I am not the one who called you all here, if that is what you are thinking, but I am here for the same reason you are. My boss up there has lost any use for me. The last time someone killed him all he was was a hobo with a gun that could scream like a primal mad man and shoot at his enemies."

"Now however, he's more than a god, like he once was. I don't know what happened to reverse his circumstances, or to have him avoid this fate in the first place, but I know an opportunity when I see it. Something is happening to the Dark Tower. If we all enter the portal where the Crimson King is now, we may not be able to harm him, but he may not harm us as well. There is a collapse of dimensions occurring, and I don't intend on losing myself and my heir in the process of trying to survive it."

He turns toward an area behind his shoulders, "We aren't the only ones gathering. The compulsion that brought us here is about to separate us. The good from the Evil, so that we can try to work out our differences, maybe get a few of ourselves out of the way in the process of preventing the Apocalypse." Randal Flagg and numerous other monsters were gathered behind him. "Something in this field of roses makes it impossible for us to harm each other. I, for one, intend on cooperating with anyone, whether foolishly good or intelligently evil, who can gather enough common sense for us to prevent everything from being destroyed."

DoctorFaust
2014-11-07, 12:38 AM
Clad in shining mail, Roland strides up from the pack of people surrounding the Dark Tower. "And pray, tell," he calls to Linoge. "Who else among us claims the name of Roland?"

He stops besides the gunslinger, his sword and horn clattering against his armor, and removes his helm. "And furthermore, who is the Crimson King? Is he another of the pagan lords?"

ArlEammon
2014-11-07, 12:54 AM
"He's better than your God." Linoge mocked. "The so-called Pagan lords at least decide to give their "flock" a decent set of sharp fangs to bite with." He then turns towards the gun slinger. "That is Roland, over there. I am Legion. . . as your annoying Christ calls me. Now if you please, I do believe we have mere moments before it's time for us to enter the other world".

SirAshley
2014-11-07, 05:28 PM
Randall Flagg. The Man in Black. Martin Broadcloak. The gunslinger's eyes focused upon this man, arguably the singlemost malefactor of his life. He had pursued him through the desert, through alternate worlds. As Linoge spoke, Roland kept his gaze leveled on his nemesis, until Linoge was finally done speaking. It was only then that he acknowledged the other Roland, dressed in mail.

"I am Roland of Gilead. The last of the Gunslingers. I have come for the Tower."

His voice is rough and dry, matching his blunt and upfront nature. Once he introduces himself, the gunslinger's attention now moves to Linoge.

"The Tower is falling. The Crimson King, once again restored. The Tower must be opened, to find a way to salvage the Beams."

ArlEammon
2014-11-07, 05:46 PM
"You know. I didn't think it was possible, but this entire journey that both man and monster is about to embark, is beyond me, my boss, and even you." Suddenly the portal opened in the summit of the tower. . . swallowing the entire assemblage of creatures and Humans that were taken into it.

Ash Williams appeared alongside both Rolands. . . where there was once a tower, there was now a hill. . . The Humans that had no evil intent were with Roland, and they all appeared together. . . alongside some of the creatures that were not malicious in their intent. Ash looked at the others. "Well, this is just great." Buffy Summers looked at Spike from along side of him. "So you're here too? Okay. . . this is something big. That Crimson King, he's one of the Elder gods, isn't he?"

DoctorFaust
2014-11-07, 05:46 PM
"And I am Roland, first of the Twelve Peers. Also come to seek the Dark Tower. Well met, Gunslinger." He draws his sword from its sheathe and advances on Linoge. "But why should we believe the word of a devil? One who was cast from this earth by Christ himself? And who named himself as Legion to the Redeemer? Especially since the last that I can remember is Roncevaux Pass."

SirAshley
2014-11-07, 06:01 PM
Christ, Roncevaux Pass, the Redeemer? Clearly this other Roland is from another place, perhaps even another time. Before the world had moved on. The gunslinger watches the exchange, but makes no move to interfere. Ka would decide the next moves between Linoge and Roland. Instead, he examines Ash, Buffy, and Spike, taking in their details. Memorizing their features, mannerisms, and capabilities. Cort had taught him much, and those instincts were exactly that now. Instinct.

"What is this place?" Roland asks simply, his eyes moving from the individuals gathered to the landscape before them.

ArlEammon
2014-11-07, 07:07 PM
Ash Williams winced. "I've been through this a dozen times. It's another plane or time period or something, it might even be the same exact geographic period, judging from all the roses that are still around our feet, but the Tower isn't there."
He sighs. "We need to head back to St. Herbert's. I've noticed the Necronomican can't do anything there for some reason."

DoctorFaust
2014-11-12, 09:15 AM
After a long pause from all parties, Roland moves forward again, reaching out and grabbing Linoge by the collar. "Do not think you can ignore me, demon," he growls, pulling the other man in close."I am a knight of the Holy Roman Empire. And in the name of Christ the Redeemer, whom you named yourself to in the tombs of Gadarenes, tell me why we were called here."

ArlEammon
2014-11-12, 10:09 AM
"The worlds are coming together. For lack of better words, the Apocalypse is coming. Not the one in the Book of Revelation, but something quite premature. If we fail in stopping it, then all the worlds without, within and in-between will be destroyed. Nothing can stop it unless we can some how decide who can work with whom. I can work together with others. I"m intelligent enough to realize that moral quandries are unnecessary in matters of survival." Linoge stated plainly.

"There are plenty of others who simply can't. I've met quite a lot of evil and moral people and monsters who just can't get along. So, in laymen's terms, there is a higher power that wants us to see who we can gather together to stop it. Others among us will have to deal with things on our own and just go our merry way."

SirAshley
2014-11-13, 08:55 PM
The gunslinger looked at Ash Williams for a moment, his eyes taking in the shotgun holstered on the man's back in particular. He had not seen a gun like that before, and was quite captivated at its design and purpose, not to mention its efficacy. He would take a mental note to inquire about it from the man later, but for now, there was both the matter of this St. Herbert's, and the knightly Roland looking as if he is going to start a brawl with Linoge. The gunslinger strides towards the two as Linoge explains himself, tilting the brim of hit hat upwards to better see him and Roland, as well as to keep the sun out of his eyes.

"If what Linoge says is true, we need to put aside whatever quarrel your liege Christ might have with him for now. If the Tower falls, there will be no worlds left for you to continue your devotion."

The gunslinger's voice is still raspy, yet even, showing little emotion. A man hardened by travel and hardship, he will be a tough one to crack, especially after losing his ka-tet. Regardless, once he addresses Linoge and Roland, he wander back towards Ash, Buffy, William the Bloody, and the other assembled, speaking shortly once more.

"Lead the way to this St. Herbert's. We need to begin planning."

ArlEammon
2014-11-14, 06:57 PM
Ruvik, one of the silent ones who remained there. . . smirked, but his face returned to a serious pose and he walked with Linoge, Spike and all the others to Saint Herberts, about thirty miles away, right next to the coast. . . the scenery was quaint in the out skirts, resembling a somewhat European style settlement. . . New England architecture mingling within the assortment of different style buildings. The participants in stopping the Apocalypse passed by several country houses. Luckily it was Halloween, so no one cared about how out of place everyone looked. Meanwhile, right outside the house, a mysterious pick up truck drove right in front of the monsters and men on purpose.

Out of the truck, a strange man, resembling a British Butler, with blonde hair and green eyes bowed curtly to the assortment of good doers and villains. . . "Good day to you sirs, and ladies. I thought that I would just stop on by. I couldn't help but overhear your conversation over at the Rose Fields. I thought that I would question you all on this most important matter."

DoctorFaust
2014-11-17, 05:10 PM
"Then ask your questions, man. According to this demon, there is important work to be done."

ArlEammon
2014-11-18, 06:24 PM
"Ahem. . . well, I understand that the world and everything else is in danger. And it greatly concerns me. Most of the time, even though I'm personally a very nice guy, I'm not able to do much outside my forte' in this little career I have. I could maybe even live past the extinction of this multi-verse and even the cessation of the Spirit World. . . a little harder, but perhaps doable."

"Still. . . the big Almighty upstairs is one of two superiors I report directly too. He requires even me to do something about this, and I have been excused from interference from something very similar to this around two thousand years ago, when the multiverse and spirit world were all in danger of eradication".

"If he would even request me in any sense of the word, even mannerism, and not speech, I would jump at the chance to help. The nature of my job and my incredibly well-set programming due to literally countless, literal eons of time passing has still prevented me from just jumping into the fray and attacking the enemies of God directly like Michael has in the past, but I can do certain things I would normally only be able to do for some people a few times in the entire lives for all of you, as a sale pitch".

"I have potions available for healing, magical qualities, magical trinkets, things of that nature. Sometimes their even available for simple cash, albeit of normous quantities most of the time."
"Most of the time their available for things like tasks, trade items, and well. . . let's just say I can make tedious labor very rewarding for you, like quest givers from RPG's. Oh, and one more thing, I can offer other services, depending on many different circumstances. I will always be available for visit when you need to know something about things that no one's heard about since the time of the dinosaurs, sometimes literally.