PDA

View Full Version : PRC or Kit made into sub-classes request.

CyberThread
2014-11-06, 04:21 PM
Okay so I will do these when I have time. I don't promise a quick turn over, but I will try and do a decent work on each and everyone I chose to do. Others may contribute if they desire and help.

The only thing I request is nothing from 4e, I don't know the system and transfering powers into class abilties is a pain in the butt.

Request Form :

PRC or Kit Name:

Class For:

What portions would you like focused on, if merging more then one prc or kit:

Comments or specific requests:

Morukai
2014-11-07, 09:07 AM
PRC or Kit Name: Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil

Class For: Wizard (Abjurer)

For reference, http://dndtools.eu/classes/initiate-of-the-sevenfold-veil/

I've always thought this class was full of flavor and liked the concept. I'm excited to see what can be done with the idea in 5e.

CyberThread
2014-11-09, 12:53 PM
PRC or Kit Name: Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil

Class For: Wizard (Abjurer)

For reference, http://dndtools.eu/classes/initiate-of-the-sevenfold-veil/

I've always thought this class was full of flavor and liked the concept. I'm excited to see what can be done with the idea in 5e.

As long as you are aware that the subclass will be powerful compared to other legal options .

Scirocco
2014-11-09, 01:36 PM
PRC: Bloodstorm Blade
Class: Fighter
Source: Tome of Battle

Naanomi
2014-11-09, 02:13 PM
PRC: Fortune's Friend
Class: Rogue or Bard
Source: Complete Scoundral

CyberThread
2014-11-09, 03:06 PM
PRC: Bloodstorm Blade
Class: Fighter
Source: Tome of Battle

As it uses maneuvers to fuel so many abilties, and relies on iron heart stuff, to be effective, do you mind if I merge it with master thrower?

PRC: Fortune's Friend
Class: Rogue or Bard
Source: Complete Scoundral

This PRC lacks things, because it wants you to gain your power from luck feats and use them. I could look into some luck feats and add them to the basic class, or I can do the bard, that merges with luck stealer, and the rogue that merges it with Auspician.

Scirocco
2014-11-09, 03:43 PM
As it uses maneuvers to fuel so many abilties, and relies on iron heart stuff, to be effective, do you mind if I merge it with master thrower?

At it's heart it's a class that chucks returning Great/Versatile weapons at people and has cool "I throw something at everyone at once" abilities, so whatever gets that for it sounds good to me.

Morukai
2014-11-10, 02:05 PM
As long as you are aware that the subclass will be powerful compared to other legal options .

Is there a way to balance that with sacrifices of some sort?

Abithrios
2014-11-10, 07:59 PM
Is there a way to balance that with sacrifices of some sort?

In the land of homebrew, everything is possible.

On the other hand, it would go against the existing subclass structure in the PHB. All existing subclasses straight up boost their base class. I have mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, I like that subclasses are not among the "optional" rules. On the other hand, it severely limits the power of any additional subclasses that are added (1st party or homebrew).

Rfkannen
2014-11-10, 08:26 PM
bear warrior
barbarian
complete warrior i think?
Being a bear

Eslin
2014-11-10, 08:37 PM
Sacrifices are a good idea, especially in the case of wizards. Their subclasses aren't very powerful in comparison to the class, which is fine because the class itself is so powerful - to create an IotSV that feels powerful, you'd need to take abilities from the standard wizard. Banning schools, removing spell slots, making certain spells count as higher or lower levels, fairly easy to do.

CyberThread
2014-11-10, 09:20 PM
Honestly am not feeling inclined. The prc is very overpowered anything I could make you would be unsatisfied with. I think.

The luck rouge subclass is almost done. Next is the blood storm followed by the bear warrior.

BRKNdevil
2014-11-10, 10:51 PM
bear warrior
barbarian
complete warrior i think?
Being a bear

Ooh! I have that one slightly worked out but nobody gives me input to balance it.
Its in my sig under the buttload of homebrew

Morukai
2014-11-11, 06:03 AM
Honestly am not feeling inclined. The prc is very overpowered anything I could make you would be unsatisfied with. I think.

The luck rouge subclass is almost done. Next is the blood storm followed by the bear warrior.

I don't see it as "very overpowered."

One limiting factor could be to use a spell slot for a warding. The wardings are even listed as the effects of a certain level spell. For example, the Indigo veil is equivalent to a 7th level spell. Raising it would cost a 7th level spell slot.

I'd like to see what you can come up with, if you can give it a shot.

If you really don't want to, I'll do it myself.

Human Paragon 3
2014-11-11, 07:37 PM
PRC or Kit: Death Delver
Class: Cleric or Paladin
Source: Heroes of Horror

IAmTehDave
2014-11-11, 08:56 PM
PRC or Kit Name: Dragonfire Adept

Class For: Warlock, probably

What portions would you like focused on, if merging more then one prc or kit: Breathing fire, breath effects

Comments or specific requests: Probably make the most sense to turn the dragon breath into a cantrip, breath effects as invocations? The spell list might need tweaking too.

Abithrios
2014-11-12, 02:13 AM
PRC or Kit Name: Dragonfire Adept

Class For: Warlock, probably

What portions would you like focused on, if merging more then one prc or kit: Breathing fire, breath effects

Comments or specific requests: Probably make the most sense to turn the dragon breath into a cantrip, breath effects as invocations? The spell list might need tweaking too.

One thing to keep in mind about Dragon Fire Adepts: they tend to not be super powerful, but they are super consistent. Unless the target has immunity or evasion or something, the DFA's breath weapon almost always has some effect, even on a successful save.

Darth_Versity
2014-11-12, 11:09 AM
PRC or Kit Name: War Weaver

Class For: Wizard

Comments or specific requests: would really like to see a generalist wizard who spreads buffing love without upsetting the balance.