PDA

View Full Version : Would you allow this Prestige class?

Andry
2014-11-07, 02:36 PM
I am running a drow campaign. All the players are playing drow characters. One of my players wants to play a kyorlin velve a drow assassin type. The class is from here http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/prestige_classes.html. Do you guys think it is overpowered? The feat tax is very daunting to be sure.

Thanks for any help given.

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-07, 02:39 PM
It looks strong but not overpowering. Good for a noncasting PrC. I would allow it, because sneaky types need all the help they can get regarding combat power. I like that it costs a good number of feats but gives about three or four feats back.

OldTrees1
2014-11-07, 03:10 PM
It seems on par with Tome of Battle base classes. Depending on your group that might be underpowered/balanced/overpowered. I would expect it to be balanced.

PS: Slash the feat prerequisites. The class features are already going to encourage taking Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse and Improved Critical(so they do not need to be prerequisites). Martial Proficiency is granted by the class so it makes a poor prerequisite.

Honest Tiefling
2014-11-07, 03:35 PM
What is everyone else going to be? Given the class, I assume you're going with a traditional drow society. Might I ask if the PC in question is going to be male or female?

Kelb_Panthera
2014-11-07, 04:19 PM
I'm not overmuch impressed. It should be fine unless your group is prone to building characters fairly poorly.

Andry
2014-11-08, 12:04 AM
What is everyone else going to be? Given the class, I assume you're going with a traditional drow society. Might I ask if the PC in question is going to be male or female?

The player in question is playing a male. The other characters will be a female cleric of Lolth, an orog barbarian/warblade, a male drow wizard, and a male drow duskblade.

Phelix-Mu
2014-11-08, 07:59 AM
The player in question is playing a male. The other characters will be a female cleric of Lolth, an orog barbarian/warblade, a male drow wizard, and a male drow duskblade.

Standby for interesting party dynamic.:smallsmile:

Andry
2014-11-08, 12:16 PM
Standby for interesting party dynamic.:smallsmile:

Oh yeah it should be loads of fun! First session is tomorrow.