PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A A small question about dread Necromancer

Michael7123
2014-11-07, 03:14 PM
Do spells you obtain through advanced learning suffer from the armor penalty against arcane spells? I'm rolling out a dread Necromancer for the first time in a few hours, and I just want to be sure of this rule.

JeenLeen
2014-11-07, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure any spell you learn through that feature counts as a Dread Necromancer spell for your character, and thus any armor penalties that dread necro avoids (light armor?), you would avoid.
If it's unclear, though, double-check with the DM. (I'm away from books now, so I can't check the exact wording, but that is how it works for most if not all classes that add spells to their spell list.)

Venger
2014-11-07, 04:33 PM
Do spells you obtain through advanced learning suffer from the armor penalty against arcane spells? I'm rolling out a dread Necromancer for the first time in a few hours, and I just want to be sure of this rule.

No. Advanced learning adds the spells to your list, making them dread necromancer spells. You cast dread necromancer spells without ASF as long as you are in light armor. This is he case with all the prix fixe casters.

Michael7123
2014-11-07, 05:54 PM
Oh awesome! That helps a lot, thanks guys.