PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lawful and Chaotic outsider spectrum?

JusticeZero
2014-11-07, 05:58 PM
So we have a race category for the entire spread of Good extraplanars' children, and for the entire spread of Evil extraplanar kids.. How would one sort the spectrum if you were arranging things along Law and Chaos? While NG outsiders seem similar to LG and CG in various ways, the LN and CN outsiders seem a bit.. Odd? Trying to figure out if there is a smoother gradient there that I'm missing. The Evil side looks like it ranges from primordial to wild to rural to urban as it transitions from Outer through Chaos to Lawful, a classic urban vs. nature divide. The other direction is less clear.

Red Fel
2014-11-07, 08:09 PM
My advice? Move along the outside of the alignment grid. The same way you compare CG-NG-LG and CE-NE-LE, compare LG-LN-LE and CG-CN-CE. It makes more sense that way.

That said, I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking. Are you asking what a Lawful-type or Chaotic-type equivalent of the Aasimar or Tiefling would look like? Or how Lawful or Chaotic Outsiders behave or function? Or what kind of spread of heritages such a race might have (e.g. how Aasimars can be Azata-blooded, Archon-blodded, etc.)? Or what, exactly?

123456789blaaa
2014-11-08, 04:02 PM
I'm also a bit confused as to what precisely you're asking for.

In general though, You may also want to ask your planar questions here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?372289-afroakuma-s-Planar-And-Other-Oddities-Questions-Thread-5!&p=18373275#post18373275) Afro doesn't take Pathfinder questions but Todd Stewart (the guy who did a ton of excellent Pathfinder planes work) does. Be sure to mark your question as a Pathfinder question though.

Psyren
2014-11-08, 04:32 PM
I could be wrong, but I think he's asking: "We have Aasimars as upper-planetouched, and Tieflings as lower-planetouched. Where are the planetouched for Law and Chaos?"

My cop-out answer is that that distinction is less important, but I will point out that PF uses Inevitables as the Lawful outsider (well, Axiomites really, but anyway) and Proteans as the chaotic ones, so there may be a way to inject your chosen race with some of that flavor along the moral-neutral axis.