PDA

View Full Version : The Channeler

Goblin Music
2007-03-22, 12:27 AM
The Channeler

Abilities: Intelligence makes it harder for opponents to dodge his Power Strike Attack. and of course Dexterity, Strenghth, and Constitution

HD: d8

Level|----BAB----|Fort|-Ref-|-Will-|-------Special-------|
-1- |----+0-----| +0 | +2 | +0 | Channel Force
-2- |----+1-----| +0 | +3 | +0 |Quick Channel
-3- |----+2-----| +1 | +3 | +1 |Enhanced, Power Strike 1d6
-4- |----+3-----| +1 | +4 | +1 |Deathly +1
-5- |----+3-----| +2 | +4 | +2 |New Channel Magic, Power Strike 2d6
-6- |----+4-----| +2 | +5 | +2 |Arrow strike
-7- |----+5-----| +3 | +5 | +3 | Deathly +2, Power Strike 3d6
-8- |----+6/+1--| +3 | +6 | +3 |Ghost Strike
-9- |----+6/+1--| +4 | +6 | +4 |Power Strike 4d6
-10-|----+7/+2--| +4 | +7 | +4 |New Channel Magic, Deathly +3
-11-|----+8/+3--| +5 | +7 | +5 |Power Strike 5d6
-12-|----+9/+4--| +5 | +8 | +5 |Venshal
-13-|----+9/+4--| +6 | +8 | +6 |Power Strike 6d6
-14-|---+10/+5--| +6 | +9 | +6 |Deathly +4
-15-|-+11/+6/+1-| +7 | +9 | +7 |New Channel Magic, Power Strike 7d6
-16-|-+12/+7/+2-|+7 | +10 | +7 | Eye of the Storm
-17-|-+12/+7/+2-|+8 | +10 | +8 |Power Strike 8d6, Deathly +4
-18-|-+13/+8/+3-|+8 | +11 | +8 |Blast
-19-|-+14/+9/+4-|+9 | +11 | +9 |Power Strike 9d6
-20-|-+15/+10/+5|+9 | +12 | +9 |Deathly +5

Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Decipher Script, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge (Arcana), Profession, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device.
Skill points at first (5 + Int)x4
Skill points thereafter 5 + Int

Chanel Force: a Channeler uses weapons made out of force most of the time with this ability s/he can summon 1-2 "blades" of force* (as a full round action) to harm his/his enemies they have stats of short swords
Quick Channel: At second level a Channeler an summon up The blades of force* as a move action
Enhanced: The Blades of energy now are like Longswords instead of Short if s/he wishes
Power Strike: this is a ranged attack that releases a blast of power* at his/her enemies (range: 30' + 5' / level. description: ball of energy flies at your opponent) (Reflex for half DC is 10+Level+Int)
Deathly: The weapon now gets a plus to Attack and damage as if it were magical

*New Chanel Magic: You get one of the powers on the list below at 5th, 10th' 15th, and 20th________________________________
Fire: Deals fire damage

Ice: deals cold damage
Air: deals lightning damage
Dark: uses negative energy to harm/heal
Light: uses positive energy to harm/heal

Arrow Strike: Fire a blast of energy from your hand at something 40' away 5 / day
Ghost Strike: Hit incorporeal creatures
Venshal: double treat range for 5 rounds
Eye of the Storm: an area of effect weapon centered on you deals 10d8 damage to all within excluding you (40' + 10' / level) (Reflex for half DC is 10+Level+Int)
Blast: Deal 1d10 energy extra damage on each successful critical (Example: +2d10 on a double critical)

Innis Cabal
2007-03-22, 12:34 AM
uhh......no? never never give a class force weapons...ever...and might i suggest using word and formatting this a bit better so people can read it?

Vorpal Pete
2007-03-22, 01:14 AM
What's so spooky about force weapons? They're pretty much like ordinary weapons, except they can hurt ethereal things, right? Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Goblin Music, what kind of damage does the power blast do? Force damage? What about arrow strike? Blast? Eye of the storm?

Does the channel magic power just make swords that do damage of that type?

It doesn't seem especially unbalanced to me, but it's sort of a boring class. All its abilities just do damage in a pretty straightforward way. It creates its own weapons, so picking up magical weapons isn't really sensible. I don't know... just lacks some pizazz.

Goblin Music
2007-03-22, 07:13 AM
The magic like attacks use the "Channel Magic Power" ability to do damage or just force damage
The "pizazz" would, in my opinion, over power the class
Humm word sure

Innis Cabal
2007-03-22, 11:12 AM
it is over powered, and rather boring. Notice all force spells do d4 damage? and they are few and far between. Are the class abilities spell like abilities...do they function in anti-magic fields, do they by-pass SR? What type of armor can they wear? Can they be augmented by meta-magic feats? Weapon focus and speclization feats? The whole class seems thrown togather last minute, with little regard to the rules involved. I don't mean to sound cruel but these are questions that havve to be asked