PDA

View Full Version : HALEY??? (Spoilers? Not sure)

Haruki-kun
2007-03-22, 01:03 AM
OK, OK, I'm probably not the first to notice (actually, I'm pretty darn sure I'm not), but I found something in an old strip, and I wasn't yet a reader when that strip first appeared, so I have to ask about it.

I'm talking about this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0324.html)

Bottom left panel, look at Haley's face. She reacted like that when hearing weither about taking Potions of Remove Disease or if she was nursing, pregnant or might become pregnant.

She's certainly not nursing. So what does it mean? Maybe related to that thing she never told anyone, not even V?

Holy_Knight
2007-03-22, 01:08 AM
I think it's just a typical reaction to hearing the long disclaimer. Sort of like in the drug comemrcials that the strip is parodying, where the possible side effects are so numerous and awful that the disease itself doesn't sound so bad. So, I doubt that it means anything about Haley specifically.

Xilehxt
2007-03-22, 01:08 AM
She's just puzzled by the weird things that the magic mouth is saying...would be a better guess.

-Edit-
Argh, ninjas these days...

Tyrael
2007-03-22, 01:20 AM
I think she's just reacting to the huge amount of fine print.

Demented
2007-03-22, 01:27 AM
"...might become pregnant..." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html)

V Junior
2007-03-22, 11:33 AM
"...might become pregnant..." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH *gasp* HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

NOT FUNNY!

Sesquedoodle
2007-03-22, 12:30 PM
I think it's because she's the only member of the group who is definitely female and therefore is the only one who might become pregnant, ever.

Assassinfox
2007-03-22, 12:39 PM
I think it's because she's the only member of the group who is definitely female and therefore is the only one who might become pregnant, ever.

You're forgetting Roy! :smalltongue:

And possibly V.

Holy_Knight
2007-03-22, 12:50 PM

And possibly V.

Hmm... that just gave me a disturbing idea. Can a male who's been turned into a woman like Roy was become pregnant? And if so, what would happen if they were changed back to a male before giving birth? :smalleek:

Assassinfox
2007-03-22, 12:59 PM
Hmm... that just gave me a disturbing idea. Can a male who's been turned into a woman like Roy was become pregnant? And if so, what would happen if they were changed back to a male before giving birth? :smalleek:

http://www.wot-club.org.uk/RanmaFAQ/main/ranma.html#ranma9

:smalltongue:

Sesquedoodle
2007-03-22, 02:26 PM

And possibly V.

Note that I said DEFINITELY female. :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2007-03-22, 02:42 PM

As far as i know you can get pregnant. I dont know though what happens if the curse is dispelled. Probably instant abortion.

Assassinfox
2007-03-22, 02:43 PM
When a changeling or doppelganger gets pregnant, they get trapped in that form until after giving birth, so I'd assume it's the same thing with everything else.

Sesquedoodle
2007-03-22, 03:55 PM
I can't believe people are now discussing the Pregnant Ranma Problem...

:smallbiggrin:

If Roy did get pregnant when using the belt, then turned back... that could be nasty and uncomfortable... *ouch*

Threeshades
2007-03-22, 03:59 PM
When a changeling or doppelganger gets pregnant, they get trapped in that form until after giving birth, so I'd assume it's the same thing with everything else.

Changelings can't change their gender. They can maybe imitate the look of a member of the opposite gender but they cannot actually become it.

Haruki-kun
2007-03-22, 04:05 PM
I can't believe people are now discussing the Pregnant Ranma Problem...

:smallbiggrin:

If Roy did get pregnant when using the belt, then turned back... that could be nasty and uncomfortable... *ouch*

YEEEEOUCH!!!!!!!

Assassinfox
2007-03-22, 04:08 PM
Changelings can't change their gender. They can maybe imitate the look of a member of the opposite gender but they cannot actually become it.

From Races of Eberron:

"Unlike doppelgangers, which are entirely genderless, a changeling does have a default gender, that manifests in adolescence, but each changeling can adapt his or her form to be of either gender, hermaphroditic, or entirely genderless. A changeling can alter his or her gender (and reproductive capabilities) as part of using the race's minor shapechange ability."