PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Stick togheter, team: Group buffs index for pathfinder.

unbutu
2014-11-08, 06:24 AM
The Group Buffs Index (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wLM51avAcFpQEFhnWq-eUVJSBoHOuT2u6EutWjzLuVA/edit?usp=sharing)

Similar to X stat to Y, dipping for fun and profit, ect. I'd like to make a list that could be used while making builds of anything that gives bonuses to many allies.

They will be ordered by action required to give the bonus, as an aura passive bonus is much more precious than the same bonus activated as a X action.

PLEASE CHIP IN !

Criterias
To be considered for this list a bonus...

Can come from anywhere (Class Feature, Spells, Items, and others).
Must be available to many allies.
Must be a bonus (give allies something against any ennemies) and not a debuff (remove something to ennemies against allies).
At 3rd level, when a divine hunter hits a creature with a ranged attack, she grants her allies within 10 feet of her the benefit of the Precise Shot feat against that target until the start of her next turn. Her allies must remain within 10 feet of her, and must be able both to see and hear the divine hunter to gain this benefit.

Update: 10/11/2014: Transfered everything to google docs for easier formatting. Almost blank sheet still, need input.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-11-08, 06:39 AM
I feel like I missed some reason you didn't include the Bard, as group buffs are pretty much its entire bag.

Swift: 13Bard) 4+Cha+2/level rounds, 30' (some variety), Bardic Performance, scaling morale bonus to fear saves, attacks, damage, scaling competence bonus to skills.

7Investigator) 1 round, 30' Inspirational Expertise, +4 insight bonus to attack rolls

Move: 7Bard) 4+Cha+2/level rounds, 30' (some variety), Bardic Performance, scaling morale bonus to fear saves, attacks, damage, scaling competence bonus to skills.

Standard: 1Bard) 4+Cha+2/level rounds, 30' (some variety), Bardic Performance, scaling morale bonus to fear saves, attacks, damage.

3Bard) 30' (some variety), Bardic Performance, scaling competence bonus to skills.

unbutu
2014-11-08, 06:42 AM
Adding Bard right now, thanx. (I just started the list 10 minutes ago, that's why they are not in yet.)

Sayt
2014-11-08, 06:47 AM
Haste, Blessing of Fervor, Bless, Prayer are all standard actions.

The 3rd party class Warlord:
Tactical Presence, his charisma bonus to a whole buncha stuff (Diehard, Cha to fort saves vs. Death effects, fatigue, exhaustion and poison, or Will saves vs. fear, death effects or compulsion effects, or Move action.
Warleader: Share one Teamwork Feat, either his own or an allies within 30 ft. Standard action. Move at 13, swift at 17.
Tactical Assistance: Can aid another as a move action, and use your charisma mod instead of the normal bonus

Feats:
Swift Aid: Aid another as a swift action, granting +1 to next attack roll or to AC.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-11-08, 07:05 AM
Haste, Blessing of Fervor, Bless, Prayer are all standard actions.

I strongly support adding group buff spells to this list, but it would be good to organize them by class.

Warleader: Tactical Assistance: Can aid another as a move action, and use your charisma mod instead of the normal bonus

Feats:
Swift Aid: Aid another as a swift action, granting +1 to next attack roll or to AC.

Not sure if the OP is talking about buffs to one target. If so, cool, we can add them, but I suspect that to start we should focus on "group buffs" for simplicity.

unbutu
2014-11-08, 07:29 AM
Agreed to both.:

- Will add spells, as they are pretty often standard actions with a similar amount of uses to many class abilities.

- Will not add aid another or similar things (flanking teamwork feats, ect) except if there are ways to do it for many allies.

I won't go into 3rd party either at the moment. Will keep it to pathfinder.

Abd al-Azrad
2014-11-08, 08:07 AM
Would it be awful to request that we include the type of bonus a given buff grants? Given that buffs of the same type overlap (do not stack), and a list like this one seems most useful for finding a nice group of coordinated buffs to multiple abilities.

Passive: Flagbearer Feat, Cha 15, 30 ft, +1 morale to attacks, damage, saves vs charm/fear, must be of same allegiance, must hold flag

Standard: Cleric Variant Channeling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/variant-channeling), Cleric 1, +1 +1/5 levels sacred / profane bonuses, too many to list.

Some good ones - Battle: Bonus to damage and crit confirmation; Bravery: Bonus to AC, charge attacks for 1 round OR reroll save vs. fear; Cities: Bonus to attacks while flanking and AC when flanked; Earth: DR/Adamantine; Fate: Bonus to next d20 roll on a readied action; Luck: Bonus to one d20 roll within 1 turn; Protection: Bonus to AC; Rulership: Bonus to Diplomacy and DCs of language / charm-based effects for 1 turn; Slavery/Tyranny: Ignore fatigue and exhaustion for 1 minute; Strength: Bonus to all Str-based checks including CMB attempts for 1 turn; Weapons: Bonus to attack rolls for 1 turn when wielding deity's favored weapon.

unbutu
2014-11-10, 02:46 PM
Update:

-Complete rework, everything has been transfered to a google docs spreadsheet for easier formating

-Added spells, flagbearer feat, bard,

-Still very incomplete. I invite everyone to chip in and make this a tool as complete as possible ! Thanks to those who already did.

grarrrg
2014-11-10, 09:51 PM
Example of a debuff, and not a buff]At 3rd level, when a divine hunter hits a creature with a ranged attack, she grants her allies within 10 feet of her the benefit of the Precise Shot feat against that target until the start of her next turn. Her allies must remain within 10 feet of her, and must be able both to see and hear the divine hunter to gain this benefit.

Your example is not a clear example, as Precise Shot is a bonus that negates a penalty. It is easy enough to argue that the ability is actually more of a Buff than a Debuff. "You are granting allies a feat, you are not removing something from the opponent."

Compare it to Hunter's Blessing from the same Archetype, which grants all nearby allies 3 feats. This is most definitely a Buff, and overlaps/invalidates Shared Precision.

unbutu
2014-11-11, 08:54 AM
Shared Precision VS Hunter's Blessing

With Shared Precision, the distinction I'm trying to make is that, since the allies can only use precise shot on one ennemy (the one attacked by the paladin) and none of the other ennemies, this is more like the ennemy being debuffed to give precise shot. Allies could not use that feat on other ennemies, unless the paladin attacks them as well.

If it was a +1
To make it more simple, if precise shot was '' +1 to all ranged attack rolls'' , the allies would only benefit from it while attacking the same target as the paladin with Shared Precision. There is no difference than giving those ennemies ''-1 vs ranged attacks of allies within 10 ft of the paladin.''

On the other hand, with Hunter's Blessing, allies could use that +1 against all ennemies. So it would be the equivalent of the paladin giving ''-1 vs ranged attacks of allies within 10 ft of the paladin.'' to ALL ennemies, even those he can't see, can't attack, have not joined the battle yet, ect.

Am I being picky, or there is a real advantage there ?

Back to Buff VS Debuff
So:
-If the buffed character can use the advantage on any ennemy he wants: Buff
-If the advantage requires attacking a specific ennemy to be usefull: Debuff

I want to make this distinction because *with all other things equal*, a buff is more usefull in every way than a debuff, since it is more versatile on the targets you choose.

To benefit from...
+1 attack to all allies >
All Allies can attack any targets, present and future >

-1 AC to all ennemies >
All Allies can attack any of the current ennemies >

-1 AC to one ennemy >?= +1 attack to one ally
All allies can attack that one ennemy >?= One ally can attack any ennemy

What do you think of this ? The debate on wich words to use is actually not usefull, so is there any other words I should use ?

grarrrg
2014-11-11, 10:11 PM
'' +1 to all ranged attack rolls'' , the allies would only benefit from it while attacking the same target as the paladin with Shared Precision. There is no difference than giving those ennemies ''-1 vs ranged attacks of allies within 10 ft of the paladin.''

That's the problem here.
Some things are clearly Buffs, some are clearly Debuffs, and some are somewhere in the middle.

Since you are writing the guide you are free to make the distinction as you see fit, but there are quite a few things that are "in the middle".

unbutu
2014-11-15, 12:15 AM
Just found the Spell Warrior skald archetype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/skald/archetypes/paizo---skald-archetypes/spell-warrior). It's bonuses are similar to the bard's inspire courage, but they apply to the weapons instead. They might be easier to stack for many groups. (Since they are not morale bonuses, they are enhancement, and you can select weapon properties (flaming, keen, ect) if the weapons already have an enhancement bonus)

unbutu
2014-11-21, 05:40 AM
I'm sure you guys know more than what has been said already. In the meantime, I keep adding slowly. Found the Rallying enchantment (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/magic-armor-and-shield-special-abilities/rallying) today, wich gives aura of courage :)