PDA

View Full Version : Path of War Gish build ideas?

Dude_Here
2014-11-08, 03:50 PM
Hi,
I'm specifically looking for a Warder/Wizard build with 9th level spell access but any other
builds would be greatly appreciated.

I have access to all 3.5 and Pathfinder books. That includes TOB prestige classes.

Thanks

Sayt
2014-11-08, 06:31 PM
I'm currently running a Dwarf Warder 1/Wizard (Abjurer) 4/Runesmith 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Bladecaster 6. I don't think it gets 9th maneuvers, but if you want you could go fewer wizard or Ab Champ for more Warder, but I don't think it's worth it.

Maneuvers at 17 are Red Zephyr's Strike, Crushing Blow, Prince's attitude, Rising Zenith strike, Raging Hunter Pounce, Scarlet Riposte, Blood Spray Strike and Ruby Battle Lord's Strike.

At 18 I gain Riddle of Steel and Descending Sunset Strike, losing Rising Zenith Strike.

deuxhero
2014-11-08, 06:32 PM
There's a bunch of Jade Phoenix Mage builds that get 9th level spells, just swap warblade levels for warder.

Elricaltovilla
2014-11-08, 11:13 PM
Well in PoW itself, there's the bladecaster which is an arcane/initiating gish.

If you did something like Wizard 6/Warder 1/Bladecaster10/Wizard 4 that'd get you IL 16, CL 17, BAB 16 at 20th level which would just edge you 9th level spells and you'd just miss 9th level maneuvers. For something like that I'd recommend using either Zweihander Sentinel or Dervish Defender Warder so that you can have a more offensive bent with your character. Dervish Defender Warder might be just a little better as it encourages dumping strength more, so take Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility for best benefit.