PDA

View Full Version : TV Over the Garden Wall

Raz_Fox
2014-11-08, 04:46 PM
Over the Garden Wall, a miniseries commissioned by Cartoon Network, just recently finished airing and is now available to watch via iTunes. It consisted of ten short episodes, all concerning the adventures of two brothers, Wirt and Greg, as they traveled through the Unknown. And it was incredible. Relying heavily on suspense and uncanniness to put a chill up the viewer's spine, and on a sort of folksy fairy-tale absurdity to bring laughs, those ten episodes build upon each other to tell the story of the brothers, the Woods, and the Beast who hunts them.

Has anybody else watched this? Anybody else think that this miniseries is bound to be a Halloween holiday classic?

Nameless
2014-11-08, 08:43 PM
Watched it. Loved it. Cried at the end.

It was beautiful and I'm sad that not many people seem to not know about it. Incredible show. It was nice to see Cartoon Network do something a little different as well.

Thanqol
2014-11-10, 03:50 AM
Good grief this show is incredible.

What keeps coming to mind is Christopher Walken's quote that "Comedy and horror are basically the same thing".

Tectonic Robot
2014-11-10, 01:40 PM
I plan on watching it with Gnomish Wanderer some time soon. I hope its as good as I heard it is!

Raz_Fox
2014-11-10, 06:33 PM
Good grief this show is incredible.

What keeps coming to mind is Christopher Walken's quote that "Comedy and horror are basically the same thing".

I am possessed of the vain hope that my recommendation was what convinced you to watch it. There's nothing quite like being the deciding factor in a friend watching something that they love.

Also, why am I not surprised that you'd pick Beatrice for your new avatar

Thanqol
2014-11-10, 08:19 PM
I am possessed of the vain hope that my recommendation was what convinced you to watch it. There's nothing quite like being the deciding factor in a friend watching something that they love.

Hope not in vain, friend, for this is what transpired! You're on the list of 'thoughtlessly and instantly watch anything they recommend' people.

After finishing watching it, my review is very similar to my first one except with more bolding, capitalisation and exclamation marks. The genius of the show is how it keeps you off balance throughout - you're always able to laugh but the laugh is always nervous because you're always thinking, "But what if suddenly everyone gets murdered in a horrifying and grisly way? Then I'll be a total jerk for laughing at that!" That was really masterfully done.

Also, why am I not surprised that you'd pick Beatrice for your new avatar

Beatrice is awesome; the sassiest bird.

Scowling Dragon
2014-11-11, 10:58 AM
That was fantastic. Just flipping fantastic.

Shadowy
2014-11-11, 05:53 PM
Well, that was odd. Unique and interesting though.

Tectonic Robot
2014-11-12, 02:21 AM
I finished watching it with Gnomish.

I would like to say I liked the design of The Beast quite a lot.

It was an emotional rollercoaster.

Juntao112
2014-11-12, 03:06 AM
Well well well, Frodo's lost in a forest again.

Tectonic Robot
2014-11-12, 10:43 PM
Frodo? Say--oh. Elijah Wood. I just put that together.

Tectonic Robot
2014-11-17, 12:14 PM
We should really get some Over the Garden Wall Let's Watch threads up in here. Maybe ask LaZodiac or something.

DigoDragon
2014-11-17, 01:49 PM
We should really get some Over the Garden Wall Let's Watch threads up in here. Maybe ask LaZodiac or something.

I was going to do a blind Let's Watch tonight since I know NOTHING about what this show is (I never heard of it until last night when you name-dropped it) and you dared me to start one.

Tectonic Robot
2014-11-18, 08:02 AM
I was going to do a blind Let's Watch tonight since I know NOTHING about what this show is (I never heard of it until last night when you name-dropped it) and you dared me to start one.

Yessssssssss, do it friend. This is a good plan. Make your blind let's watch. I embrace your plans.

DigoDragon
2014-11-18, 08:14 AM
Yessssssssss, do it friend. This is a good plan. Make your blind let's watch. I embrace your plans.

Tis here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?384168-Digo-Watches-quot-Over-the-Garden-Wall-quot) if you want to read my adventure into the unknown. :)

Gadora
2014-11-18, 08:27 AM
Tis here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?384168-Digo-Watches-quot-Over-the-Garden-Wall-quot) if you want to read my adventure into the unknown. :)

Yesssss...

Tectonic Robot
2014-11-18, 02:51 PM
A very, very nice cover of Come Wayward Souls. (http://tectonicrobot.tumblr.com/post/102975750090/thepuddingcup-ahhh-i-still-cant-stop)