PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lets Build Pirate Harley!

5w337x7007h
2014-11-08, 10:00 PM
So my DM wants to play Skulls & Shackles, and it is, from what I can see on the cover, Pirate themed.

I want to attempt to build a Harley Quinn-esque character, but I'm not going to spill the personality until the campaign starts. Only passing basic build info to my DM for approval. She doesn't want plot-hooks because this is her first time running.

So far I can tell about Harley is that she's got an incredible intelligence, she's trapped the batman on several occasions and could have killed him very early on her villain career, though she didn't because of the Joker. Her charisma is so amazing that she was able to dominate a pair of hyenas, a gift from the joker, that were intended to eat her alive. Not even the Joker can tell Harley's giggling pets what to do. She's an amazing woman and I'd be more than glad just to share a plate of cookies with her.

So lets get started! GITP ASSEMBLE!! >:U

Blackhawk748
2014-11-08, 10:02 PM
Well she does wield a flippin huge maul, which could be fun for smashin the decks of enemy ships. Also you need a couple of bombs, as she likes those too.

On top of this shes very acrobatic and hits really hard. Maybe some sort of Monk build? My OP-fu for PF isnt very good.

atemu1234
2014-11-08, 10:10 PM
Well she does wield a flippin huge maul, which could be fun for smashin the decks of enemy ships. Also you need a couple of bombs, as she likes those too.

On top of this shes very acrobatic and hits really hard. Maybe some sort of Monk build? My OP-fu for PF isnt very good.

A battledancer dip (port from 3.5) would work better than monk
I doubt Harley is high-wisdom

Blackhawk748
2014-11-08, 10:13 PM

PF doesnt have an Archetype that flips that stat? Odd that they dont have a Kung-Fu Genius equivalent.

5w337x7007h
2014-11-08, 11:05 PM

She does, not high, but a good wisdom. She is much more mentally built than the Joker. The only thing that makes her who she is in the comics and cartoons, is what the Joker molded her into. It's her infatuation with Joker, and the drive to impress him, that makes her seem so unstable. Take Joker out of the picture, add the crazy, and what do we have? I'm looking at Good Int, Cha, Wis, and Dex. She's not very strong, nor is her con amazing, but she can get into the fray if she needs to. Also, before you make a comment about the hammer she wields, you've got to remember that she staggers after a swing, and she's usually surprising batman with it, using the weight of the hammer to deal the damage, not her natural strength.

5w337x7007h
2014-11-08, 11:27 PM
I was reminded by my friends that there is more than one version of Harley Quinn! So going off the New 52 Harley with her own comic series (inner yay), whatever class I choose needs to have high x+int for skills! main stats are looking for Dex and Cha, followed by rounding out Wis, Con, and Int. So whichever class I take, I'll need sneak attack, and the benefit of stealth.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-08, 11:29 PM
Im seeing Rogue here, maybe a few levels of Alchemist for the Bombs.

5w337x7007h
2014-11-08, 11:35 PM
I could go Underground Chemist Archetype and take the Instant Alchemy feat, which allows me to make any alchemical item at a reduced time. Example; 10 minutes to make an item, would make it a standard action in combat.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-08, 11:36 PM
Thats perfect, you have whatever you need at any given time.

5w337x7007h
2014-11-08, 11:40 PM
Hopefully my DM will allow me to build bigger 'gifts' with time, effort, and planning. An explosive exit would make a great return-ship trip.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-11-08, 11:58 PM
Ninja (refluff as needed) is also a decent option, it is cha-based and strictly superior to rogue in most things.