PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What exactly does the tumor familiar look like?

felinoel
2014-11-09, 01:23 AM
So... the tumor familiar takes a standard action to grow from a tumor on your and jump off as an animal like a cat, a raven, a compsognathus, etc, it takes on the form of the animal.

But... it is made of your flesh? So... as a cat or whatever it wouldn't be furry, right? Or... would it have your hair color as its fur? o.O

Psyren
2014-11-09, 01:28 AM
"Vaguely resembling" suggests that it is indeed a lump of flesh that meows. In other words, somebody looking at it who knows what alchemists are will recognize it as a walking tumor.

Fax Celestis
2014-11-09, 01:42 AM
Imagine Choo Choo Bear as a familiar.

felinoel
2014-11-09, 02:13 AM
"Vaguely resembling" suggests that it is indeed a lump of flesh that meows. In other words, somebody looking at it who knows what alchemists are will recognize it as a walking tumor.

Awww boo I was kinda hoping it got my hair color for fur, would have been interesting lol

Venger
2014-11-09, 02:23 AM
Awww boo I was kinda hoping it got my hair color for fur, would have been interesting lol

you could always just fluff it to look like that if you want to.

felinoel
2014-11-09, 02:41 AM
you could always just fluff it to look like that if you want to.

I just might.

Orsyn
2014-11-09, 02:46 AM
Imagine Choo Choo Bear as a familiar.
My mental image for them has always been Meatwad, but I think I like this better

SiuiS
2014-11-09, 02:59 AM

Wow I misread that sentence. XD

Think sphinx cats, man.

My mental image for them has always been Meatwad, but I think I like this better

Oh god familiar tumor forever ruined whyyyyyyy

deuxhero
2014-11-09, 04:04 AM
Yeah, the only real rules effect of that bit is that it can not pass for a normal animal without a disguise check, otherwise the description, like most things, is up to you.