PDA

View Full Version : Theme Song Feats

Orzel
2007-03-22, 10:09 AM
My friend wants to give his BBEG something special, so he lazily came to me for a feat.

Theme Song [General]

Prerequisite Character level 6th.

Benefit
You have a personal theme song. Any character familiar with you can make a Perform check (DC your character level) to play and maintain your theme song as a standard action each round. As long as you can hear your theme song, you gain you gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and saves for every three levels you have attained.

Heroic Theme [General]

Prerequisite Character level 6th. Theme Song, any lawful or good

Benefit

When you hear your theme song, you gain a morale bonus to skill checks and ability checks equal to half your level.

Horrific Theme [General]

Prerequisite Character level 6th. Theme Song, any chaotic or evil

Benefit

When an enemy hears your theme song and views you, they must make a Will save opposed by the Perform check of the theme song's player or become shaken for 1d6 rounds. An enemy with Hit Dice greater than twice your character level is not affected by this feat.

I am terrible at making items, so the Theme Song Amulet wont be made be me.

PEACH and/or yoink

knightsaline
2007-03-23, 12:59 AM
I can imagine the heroic theme being used with the seven chaos gems, especially the songs "live and learn" and "open your heart".

mine would either be "inner universe" or "rise"

DaMullet
2007-03-23, 02:12 PM
I don't give a damn about balance, this is cool. I think I'll take you up on the Yoink.

Kultrum
2007-03-23, 09:18 PM
This is a fun idea but in any of my games it would lead to too many off topic conversations.

Icewalker
2007-03-24, 12:49 AM
Hehehe, nice. Actually looks quite balanced to me, and you could make it realistic by just making it like an epic story that over time gained a tune with it passed from bard to bard, and it is known accross the land, etc etc. My brother would like this one.

Maldraugedhen
2007-03-25, 10:51 AM
I think you might want to make it so that you can only gain either the Heroic Theme or the Horrific Theme for Lawful Evil and Chaotic Good characters.

Dairun Cates
2007-03-25, 02:54 PM
I think you might want to make it so that you can only gain either the Heroic Theme or the Horrific Theme for Lawful Evil and Chaotic Good characters.

What's wrong with a Horrifyingly Heroic Theme Song?

F.H. Zebedee
2007-03-25, 11:26 PM
Before anybody else can beat me to it...IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

I just had to say it.

Honestly, I like the idea of that, a sort of mix between fourth-wall breaking and heroics leading to a ballad or such being written in honor of great heroes. I wouldn't mind taking this feat if the party had a solid bard.