PDA

View Full Version : What was this monster?

MonkeySage
2014-11-09, 10:52 AM
I once encountered a pair of swarms that in the dark looked like rolling masses of pebbles. not knowing what they were and feeling ill equipped to fight them, I stoneshaped a dome over them.
However, when I was about to use the spell, the dm asked if I was using it on the ground or on the swarm. I clarified that I was trying to make a dome surrounding them, but I was wondering: what kind of swarm would have been affected by that spell?

The Viscount
2014-11-09, 11:38 AM
My first thought is an earth elementite swarm. It looks like pebbles, and stone shape often affects earth elementals.

Blackhawk748
2014-11-09, 11:55 AM
My first thought is an earth elementite swarm. It looks like pebbles, and stone shape often affects earth elementals.

Ya and those swarms a mean. Just be thankful that you didnt run into a Living Holocaust.

Also i seem to remember there being something like a Rock Scarab swarm, or something like that. The scarabs have a hard rocky exoskeleton that looks like actual rock.

Also he may have been asking because maybe it wouldnt have worked and he wanted to be sure where you were aiming.