PDA

View Full Version : Class concepts and suggestions for 2man team

Gokken
2014-11-09, 11:08 AM
Hi guys I was wondering if any one had some ideas for class concepts

Ill be playing a campaign, with a friend of mine he will roll a druid focused mainly on summoning I think.

We are only 2 people and most books are allowed, but I would prefer somekind of synergi between the druid and I.

I was thinking so far

Cleric/shadowbane/rogue/inquisitor, many immunities and can hurt with wounding spells maybe making it a melee cleric and can fix traps.

this one I'm not sure on feats on this one, I was thinking blacklore of moil, empowered spells, Devine metagaming :D and shielded casting? if we face off undead or constructs I'm useless?

was also thinking shield and heavy mace in your face style?

I like the fluff of the classes and fluff is the most important stat in the game

Swash/wizard/abjurant champion
Has serious starting HP, and can fight in melee fine ill need a class that can hold its own.

This guy will have arcane spells something we will need

I really like the idea of a barb/sorc but ragemage sucks ass so no idea how to do this.

Paladin/sorc would make a serius killing machine aswell

What are the cons of this dude?

any comments are appreciated

Thank you

Honest Tiefling
2014-11-09, 11:18 AM
Any reason not to use this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm)? It'll make both characters much more versatile, and I'm willing to bet there are ways to do odder concepts such as the paladin/sorcerer a little better. I have no idea how one does the Barbarian/Caster route, admittedly, since you cannot cast during a rage. If that is not a problem, well, there you go.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-11-09, 11:20 AM
What level are you starting out at, and do you need to worry about someone who can deal with traps?

An Illumian (Krau) Beguiler 1/ Wizard 4/ Ultimate Magus with Practiced Spellcaster: Beguiler can put all ten UM levels toward Wizard, and Illumians are Humanoid (Human) so you can get Able Learner. You'll need at least one flaw to have enough feats at 5th level. This is generally my go-to choice for a small party, since it fills two roles quite well, plus it happens to fill the roles that the Druid lacks.

A (Savage) Bard with Wild Cohort and DFI would be a great choice. Possibly dip a Fast Movement Ranger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger) level to get trapfinding via the Dungeonscape ACF. Plan to get Sublime Chord later on.

If you'll be high enough level that someone can have the Summon Elemental reserve feat to Nodwick all the traps then you won't need to worry about filling that role. In that case just make whatever you would have the most fun with.

Gokken
2014-11-09, 12:00 PM
What level are you starting out at, and do you need to worry about someone who can deal with traps?

An Illumian (Krau) Beguiler 1/ Wizard 4/ Ultimate Magus with Practiced Spellcaster: Beguiler can put all ten UM levels toward Wizard, and Illumians are Humanoid (Human) so you can get Able Learner. You'll need at least one flaw to have enough feats at 5th level. This is generally my go-to choice for a small party, since it fills two roles quite well, plus it happens to fill the roles that the Druid lacks.

A (Savage) Bard with Wild Cohort and DFI would be a great choice. Possibly dip a Fast Movement Ranger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger) level to get trapfinding via the Dungeonscape ACF. Plan to get Sublime Chord later on.

If you'll be high enough level that someone can have the Summon Elemental reserve feat to Nodwick all the traps then you won't need to worry about filling that role. In that case just make whatever you would have the most fun with.

I would think we would be level 1-2 and traps most likely this guy prefer riddles and traps over monsters I think

Being a shadowbane stalker would fix the trap thing I'd assume

Extra Anchovies
2014-11-09, 06:26 PM
Summoner Druid can, if played right, obviate the need for another melee, because they can be a bear, have a pet bear, and summon 1d4+1 more bears. I would recommend something arcane, with maybe a one-level Factotum dip if you want trapfinding. Possibly a Mailman build? The bears might not have the best to-hit, but they're BFC and tanks rolled into one, so you don't need much more battlefield manipulation so much as you need a way to actually kill your enemies.