PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Fumble and Fumble, Mass - For Magus?

killem2
2014-11-09, 11:16 AM
I'm a GM if a pathfinder adventure with a Magus in my group.

We do use both the Fumble and Critical hit decks by paizo. I just realized there are two new spells:

Fumble
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level Brd 2, Sorc/Wiz 2
Components: V,S,F
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Close (25 ft. +5ft/2 levels)
Target: One Creature
Duration 1 Round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This enchantment causes the targe tto become more clumsy and apt to fumble. Whenever a target missed with an atack, that attack is automatically a critical fumble threat, the target must confirm the critical fumble as normal.

Focus, a brokenmaster work dagger, (costs 302gp)

Fumble, Mass
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level Bard 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Target: One creature / level, no two of which can be more than 30ft apart.
This Spell functions liek fumble except that it affects multiple creatures.

Now, I don't exactly see an issue with allowing these to be on the Magus spell list. I know these decks came out before ultimate Magic did, so they didn't really anticipate for them. I just wanted to reach out to other GMs, and ask if you think:

1. Magus should be able to use it.
2. Are the levels equal, (IE level 2 magus for fumble level 6 magus for mass)

Kurald Galain
2014-11-09, 11:34 AM
I don't see a problem with allowing them balance-wise, but note that the magus does not generally get enchantment spells.

killem2
2014-11-09, 08:16 PM
I just realized I didn't put the text of the spell lol. It's up now.

Psyren
2014-11-09, 08:19 PM
You can pick up the former with the Spell Blending arcana (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/paizo---magus-arcana/spell-blending-ex) and the latter with Greater Spell Access. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus#TOC-Greater-Spell-Access-Su-)

As for what level they should be, given that Bard doesn't get to discount them I don't see why the Magus should either.